1JD & Hard Knocks

37 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

If they have some level of inside knowledge it could be significant. Like focusing on Brownlee.

Interestingly on the play that is viral for JJ (that was admittedly great) Huff clearly really got the sack. JJ gets ton of praise on the sideline, no one says a word to Huff. Last year when Huff started to get sacks and break out a bit, there was some mistake he made, though I forget exactly what, but after that he was used less in the rotation.

Just get the feeling that Saleh just does not like Huff. Wouldn't be shocked to see him be moved. Would also be completely unshocked if Hiff immediately went out and got 14 sacks for the new team. We should trade Lawson if we trade anyone. Darth Belichick has it right, get rid of players a year early.

Personally I think Saleh is a fraud and I see it in a lot of little things. Like Huff. And Mims, possibly with Tippman this year, siding with MLF over Zach. He just comes off to me as a fraud. 

IJD and Hard Knocks are sort of reinforcing my suspicions about him.

I heard someone talk about Andy Reid last week. Apparently he doesn't do much in the motivational speech side in practice, but in their practices Mahomes gets 2.5 times as many reps as Rodgers is getting and the backups get more than Rodgers as well.  Saleh's practices look less intense than my high school practices.

Oh and Brownlee is a good point. Hell I hope marketing doesn't have this knowledge but you never know.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

So I have watched both, they are what they are. Never going to be near the level of Hard Knocks, but it ends up being nice extended coverage of the team.

Two players that interest me for different reasons.

1. They focused on Clemons. They are stacked at Edge. Could Huff be moved in a trade? 

2. You wouldn't know Becton was on this team other than seeing him on film. I don't think they mentioned him at all. First rounder coming back from two years of injuries. Seems like he would be a big story. Or will he not be on the team and Marketing is taking their orders from above to not mention him?

7 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

If they have some level of inside knowledge it could be significant. Like focusing on Brownlee.

Interestingly on the play that is viral for JJ (that was admittedly great) Huff clearly really got the sack. JJ gets ton of praise on the sideline, no one says a word to Huff. Last year when Huff started to get sacks and break out a bit, there was some mistake he made, though I forget exactly what, but after that he was used less in the rotation.

Just get the feeling that Saleh just does not like Huff. Wouldn't be shocked to see him be moved. Would also be completely unshocked if Hiff immediately went out and got 14 sacks for the new team. We should trade Lawson if we trade anyone. Darth Belichick has it right, get rid of players a year early.

Personally I think Saleh is a fraud and I see it in a lot of little things. Like Huff. And Mims, possibly with Tippman this year, siding with MLF over Zach. He just comes off to me as a fraud. 

I heard someone talk about Andy Reid last week. Apparently he doesn't do much in the motivational speech side in practice, but in their practices Mahomes gets 2.5 times as many reps as Rodgers is getting and the backups get more than Rodgers as well.  Saleh's practices look less intense than my high school practices.

I also thought the players they chose to focus on was interesting.  The Brownlee clip, and the focus on JJ on that sack with no mention of Huff, were both pretty glaring to me.  Also, they focused on Carter, Izzy and even Dye at RB with no sight or mention of Bam.

Given that this is a Jets' production, all of that could be significant.  Or it could mean nothing.  But it is interesting to note.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Please share your source for this 2.5x comment.  Thanks 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

So I have watched both, they are what they are. Never going to be near the level of Hard Knocks, but it ends up being nice extended coverage of the team.

Two players that interest me for different reasons.

1. They focused on Clemons. They are stacked at Edge. Could Huff be moved in a trade? 

2. You wouldn't know Becton was on this team other than seeing him on film. I don't think they mentioned him at all. First rounder coming back from two years of injuries. Seems like he would be a big story. Or will he not be on the team and Marketing is taking their orders from above to not mention him?

Here's my slight insider knowledge with this stuff: The PR team approves these videos. They usually steer away from touchy subjects or unknowns, so that if they take a turn, they don't look as bad. They're not gonna hype up Becton and then all of a sudden JD trades him. Essentially protecting the team and the player.

IMO you can't read into anything 1JD puts out. It will always look out for the best interest of the team. 

Brownlee getting time means nothing as well. He's kind of "safe" because he was doing well and bottom of the roster. So it's okay if he gets cut. He's not really part of the team yet. 

• Upvote 1

Wow.   Rodgers looked like Zach Wilson last season against Carolina.  RS lit em up and said they’ve got to get better and he isn’t wrong.  

( i had a work dinner and missed the 1st 20 minutes, but this is SOOooooo good.) 

LMAO at the coach just wanting to run it to teach the OLine and being happy with how Zach played.

They missed real Flavor of the game - as found in the Zach Wilson thread on JN.   Lol.   

Dline is even better than it looked live with the camera views.   LOVE it. 

Wow McDonald sach….   Ooooo.   Ok. I’m now a believer.  

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Becton / Rodgers moment told the full story. This is 100% Aaron's team .. the guy is the natural leader the Jets have lacked for 40years.

Loved that he would not accept Kuntz TD because he ran the wrong route. He is not willing to let the details slide.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Fully invested.  I didn't expect that.   This most important cultural change.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Hal said:

Looks líke the replay isn’t available in the app yet but its replaying in 25 minutes on HBO2.  I missed the first bit, but the rest was so good I’ll probably just watch again lol. 

Oh you missed some real magic!

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Hal said:

Looks líke the replay isn’t available in the app yet but its replaying in 25 minutes on HBO2.  I missed the first bit, but the rest was so good I’ll probably just watch again lol. 

I logged on through the web and was able to watch it from the beginning at 10:40. I think the app is stricter though like you said.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Larz said:

That was an amazing end to a jaw dropping mind bend display!

What some may have forgotten, as I did,  was the Super bowl prediction and score at the end of Mecole Hardman's segment with the mentalist.  Won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Becton / Rodgers moment told the full story. This is 100% Aaron's team .. the guy is the natural leader the Jets have lacked for 40years.

Loved that he would not accept Kuntz TD because he ran the wrong route. He is not willing to let the details slide.

“Great coaching Ron”.  Hilarious 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Yes!!!!