NY Jets Sign Dalvin Cook

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

which numbers? what are you talking about? Hall is off the charts on talent. 

But lets meet back up after denver. Cook is going to go off

OK then, forget Breece:

• Michael Carter:  5.8 yards per carry, 5.3 yards per touch, 0 fumbles
  • Cook:  2.5 yards per carry, 3.1 yards per touch, 1 fumble
  • Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK then, forget Breece:

• Michael Carter:  5.8 yards per carry, 5.3 yards per touch, 0 fumbles
  • Cook:  2.5 yards per carry, 3.1 yards per touch, 1 fumble

how man carries and into how many in the box? A Ferrari is still a Ferrari even if it is in the slow lane. But the school bus ain going fast no matter where it is. You know this.

32 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

how man carries and into how many in the box? A Ferrari is still a Ferrari even if it is in the slow lane. But the school bus ain going fast no matter where it is. You know this.

Who cares?  Even if he had 8+ in the box on 50 % of his touches you’d still try to make some silly excuse for Cook.  

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who cares?  Even if he had 8+ in the box on 50 % of his touches you’d still try to make some silly excuse for Cook.  

nope.

It matter obviously because if you compare a rb that is running into a wall verse one that is not, all else being equal, the results woudl paint a much different picture than reality. 

If a RB is talented or not, can play or not. It is important because you are talking about a good player like cook verse a terribly player like eno.

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

nope.

It matter obviously because if you compare a rb that is running into a wall verse one that is not, all else being equal, the results woudl paint a much different picture than reality. 

If a RB is talented or not, can play or not. It is important because you are talking about a good player like cook verse a terribly player like eno.

Actually we were talking about a JAG Michael Carter vs a toast has-been Dalvin Cook.  But you keep dreaming that dream that a toast back can suddenly become un-toast purely due to a good matchup!  

1 minute ago, AZSOJ said:

The HC was asked about this today in his presser... He essentially stated that he is not in football shape yet but he is getting better... haven;t we heard that before?  

BS excuses.  Cook had a shoulder injury.  I have a shoulder injury right now and Im doing more legs in the gym then I ever have before.  His legs should never be an issue let alone 4 weeks into the season.

Saleh thinks we are total morons.  

But its his job on the line, not mine.  What we do know is he will keep running him cause that is what this coach does with vets.  He cant let them go.

9 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

alot of cook haters right now, i am genuinely interested if you will all be here next week.

Haters?  All he has to do is produce and we would all be giving him the Zach Wilson home coming Queen treatment. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

alot of cook haters right now, i am genuinely interested if you will all be here next week.

Depends on how many carries he gets. If it's close to zero, no one will even care about him. I didn't want him but I trusted JD. He's worse than I thought he would be.

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2023 at 3:46 PM, Drums said:

Depends on how many carries he gets. If it's close to zero, no one will even care about him. I didn't want him but I trusted JD. He's worse than I thought he would be.

hard to argue with you . I admit the results so far suck so i can understand people like @Jetsfan80 and why they dont like cook, that doesnt explain how he coudl like a bum like eno, but to your point, the results have not been great, and if he get limited trash carries it will be very hard to try and defnd cook.

But i do beleive that B Hall is back and going to get a majority of carries, that Zach will run the offense decently so that there will be running lanes open. I see D Cook coming in and being that secondary back who get 10-12 carries and will run well and even break off some big runs. I am talking like over 10 yards. Say 12 carries for65+ yards. 

His role on the team is to be a back that can wear the def down and brunt some of the trauma for Hall. 

So far he has been bottled up but so has hall mostly as well. Everythin opens up with better QB play.

We are goin gto see that this week. 

All that being said, if he does not produce as states against the denver broncos and looks like trash when he as genuiune opportunty to succeed i will admit you guys were right, but I do not think that will happen. I think you gusy are going to be very happy we have cook this week.

• Upvote 1