Waiver Wire Pick Ups....names?

59 minutes ago, #90 said:

Anyone out there we are hoping that gets cut?

(fingers crossed)

That's a great question. Anyone do any deep dives on other teams' rosters and who may be on the fringe?  Particularly in positions of need?  I'll say that it sure feels great to be on the other side of the fence where other teams will snatch up our cuts.  Curious where Bam winds up.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Have not seen any names I would want from the guys cut so far.

The one intriguing rumor was that the Bears might be looking to trade Darnell Mooney, if that is correct I would sure hope Douglas is at least exploring that.

Why Mooney? He is basically a worse Allen lazard

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No he would be the 2nd best wr on the team the moment he came here.

Darnell Mooney Stats:

Screenshot_20230829_122829_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a936fed5d7f30e34730e7767682f9c2c.jpg

Really good stats, he was injured last year in week 12. On pace for another 60-80 catch season. 

5'11 180, 4.4 speed

We could do a lot worse. 

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1

57 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Darnell Mooney Stats:

Screenshot_20230829_122829_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a936fed5d7f30e34730e7767682f9c2c.jpg

Really good stats, he was injured last year in week 12. On pace for another 60-80 catch season. 

5'11 180, 4.4 speed

We could do a lot worse. 

He also had a QB who stinks at passing as his QB.  Fields is worse than zach wilson in the passing game.  Mooney is really good, he really passes the eye test to go along with just stats.

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1

28 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Apart from being completely different in size, speed, application and ability...yeah, same guy.

Mooney would be an excellent addition, but I doubt the Bears let him go.

lol i mean yes he does have different hair, shoe size, different fingerprints, has a different face etc.

so you are technically correct he is a different human being than Lazard but i wasn't comparing their physique, i was comparing their career stats and accomplishments on their field. which seems obvious considering that is what we were talking about.

SOJF going to be SOJF I guess. Yeah lets actuvely go get a worse WR who is also shorter, maybe we can sign berrios back on maybe mims too.

Good god I am glad people like you are in no way shape or form attached to any decision making process of the team. Have a good Day lil Mac.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He also had a QB who stinks at passing as his QB.  Fields is worse than zach wilson in the passing game.  Mooney is really good, he really passes the eye test to go along with just stats.

you think Zach wilson is a better thrower than Justin Fields? well there goes any and all of your credibility on this subject. I mean its possible you could make a good argument, but it seems unlikely after this.

• WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, JKlecko said:

The problem with adding a WR now is that it will take them time to learn the offensive scheme, build chemistry with Rodgers, and learn his hand signals/checks at the LOS.

Yeah, that's going to be a problem with all the Jets WR's already (not Cobb and Lazard) The team came up short on bringing in a legit #2 target earlier.  Adding someone else's JAG isn't the answer anyway.

Unless they can figure out a trade to get a legit threat then you are correct, they need to just sit tight with WR's. 

• WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol i mean yes he does have different hair, shoe size, different fingerprints, has a different face etc.

so you are technically correct he is a different human being than Lazard but i wasn't comparing their physique, i was comparing their career stats and accomplishments on their field. which seems obvious considering that is what we were talking about.

SOJF going to be SOJF I guess. Yeah lets actuvely go get a worse WR who is also shorter, maybe we can sign berrios back on maybe mims too.

Good god I am glad people like you are in no way shape or form attached to any decision making process of the team. Have a good Day lil Mac.

Yes, what do size, speed,  projected usage have to do with a conversation about wide receivers?   Mooney had a 1,000 yard season and we don't want him because...?  Lazard almost had one?  

• WTF? 1

20 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Mooney is not worse than Lazard...that's just ignorant.

We'll just take it as read that you don't know who Mooney is, and leave it at that.

• WTF? 1