This Offense is not ready to hang with the big boys

Barton

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Was pounding the table for it but bucs restructured him and it would be financially much more challenging to move him now

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Acquiring team incurs $13 million cap charge this year, but has to give him a new deal moving forward. 30 years old, coming off a subpar season, but some of that is attributable to Brady selfishly trying to avoid injury. 

🤔

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I see what you see but this is being reported by several people. Maybe the restructure from this year was never actually made official?

Strange 

Or maybe all the reports are from the same wrong source. 

Yeah I dunno although over the cap did change the entries for 2023/4/5 right before draft when this restructure supposedly took place. Before then, his contract was a dream for an acquiring team 

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Coincidentally, this video popped up on Google when I was looking for the contract info. Evans talking about being unselfish and sacrificing personal goals to help the team win:

Will say Evans is one of the best dudes in the league and absolutely beloved in Tampa.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Will say Evans is one of the best dudes in the league and absolutely beloved in Tampa.

Great to see Evans to Jets pick up steam I was EVISCERATED for suggesting it in the beginning of the year (“This isn’t Madden!!!!”)

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Great to see Evans to Jets pick up steam I was EVISCERATED for suggesting it in the beginning of the year (“This isn’t Madden!!!!”)

Wouldn’t hate it. Him in the RZ with Rodgers woukd crush. Don’t think Tampa moves him though with how bad the division is.

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wouldn’t hate it. Him in the RZ with Rodgers woukd crush. Don’t think Tampa moves him though with how bad the division is.

As usual, time is all that’s needed to make my points look lovely. I will go back and hunt down and call out the naysayers if I get motivated 😉 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

So Bryce Hall is on par talent wise with Sauce...Seriously?

No, comparing the loss of one player to arguably the leagues best defense to losing one player not named Rodgers to a unit being called not good enough is wrong

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

yeah they're all good, now 

a program is bigger than one person 

if AR8 isn't available, retires or whatever, what kind of offense is there? Hackett and his Goldmember jokes? 

they have a year or two max before it all gets blown up that's not a program 

it's a sugar high 

So if they win a Super Bowl or two in the next 3 yrs- its a Sugar High?

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, comparing the loss of one player to arguably the leagues best defense to losing one player not named Rodgers to a unit being called not good enough is wrong

The conversation was, losing Garrett Wilson makes the WR group one of the worst in the league. My response was losing Gardner would make the CB group one of the worst in the league.

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Garrett Wilson makes our Wr group 'good' if anything happens to him we have the worst Wr group in the whole league.

I made a similar point the other day.

I know some people on here are giving you crap about this statement for potentially being technically incorrect (because maybe there are teams that have such bad WRs that they'd be even worse than us).  But your larger point is absolutely correct.  If GW gets injured, we'd have a very weak group behind him.  Lazard and Mecole would be our top guys?!  We're not winning any championships with that group.  How SOJ would it be if that's what AR was left to work with.  (Though, as I've also said before, we'll see how the rookies develop).

30 minutes ago, peebag said:

How are you leaving out the fact that our O-line is a leaky mess?

How are you leaving out that we were a playoff team with our OL with STILL the worst QB play in the league and we just upgraded to an elite QB.

Why are you saying our OL is a leaky mess? From watchin it at the end of last year? Where AVT, Becton weren't out there. Brown was injured? So 3/5 of the OL wasn't there. Never mind how a QB that knows when to get rid of the ball, big time helps a OL.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

20 hours ago, Barton said:

The NFL champion the last 10+ years usually includes an offense that had to win multiple high scoring shootouts during the regular season to win their division and often another shootout during the postseason to advance to the Super Bowl. Right now this team is built more like the Seahawks or Ravens teams that have won in the last 12 years. Led by the defense and good enough QB play but with a substandard supporting cast on offense. My point? The talent on offense is lacking right now around Rodgers. Garrett Wilson is the only receiver he can count on to get open fairly consistently. JD needs to add more firepower. 

Agreed.  We lack the high-end firepower of a championship team.  I'm confident JD is aware of this though and will be looking to add talent at WR.  

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I say sit tight and keep that powder dry for Davante around the trade deadline.

Fully expecting Las Vegas to be something like 1-6 or 0-7.

If by some miracle the Raiders are actually treading water, then make your move for Evans or whoever. 

Best bet is that both the Bucs and Raiders wade into the season and see how close they are to competing, but once they get tagged with a few losses they’ll jump into the Caleb Williams/Drake Maye tankathon with both feet and start selling off parts. If Evans and Davante do hit the block they’ll be expensive in-season adds, so only teams with some decent cash on hand, who need receiver help—and who are also trying to win in 2023–will be in play. Currently, that’ll be the Jets the Browns, and maybe the Lions or Jaguars. Something to consider if/when the Bucs pull the string and find out the market isn’t all that hot for 30+ year old receivers. 

IMG_4292.jpeg

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

How are you leaving out that we were a playoff team with our OL with STILL the worst QB play in the league and we just upgraded to an elite QB.

Why are you saying our OL is a leaky mess? From watchin it at the end of last year? Where AVT, Becton weren't out there. Brown was injured? So 3/5 of the OL wasn't there. Never mind how a QB that knows when to get rid of the ball, big time helps a OL.

When were we a playoff team?

• En Fuego 1

19 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s an unpopular take, but yeah the WR corps outside of GW is not exactly championship caliber.

Cobb is ancient, Lazard is a JAG-type who happens to benefit from chemistry with Rodgers.

Unless they have some contingency plan with a Davante deal, the passing game will live and die with GW’s health and production.

But we have very solid TEs and one of the better RB rooms in the NFL all of whom can catch the ball. So teams will have to play us pretty vanilla. If they stack the box we will rip them apart in the passing game. Play a lot of 2 high and we will run it down your throat. I think our offensive skill positions are much stronger that GBs (albeit with same spots identical) and they were average offensively. Even with Rodgers playing more like a Top 15 QB than a Top 3 guy and with an injury

I am worried that last year was the best Aaron Rodgers we will ever see again, but he seems so happy and motivated and looked great in 2 series. 

If he is the same as last year or better this is a Top 10 offense, with a Top 5 defense. That combo cab win a SB

• Upvote 1