*** College Game Day Aug 31 to Sept 4 games ***

Beerfish

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

There are a lot of running QBs in college and now of course in the pros.   If you are a Qb in the pros and unless you are an old or drop back guy you have to run, you have to make teams pay if they open up the QB run.

This is why a guy like Josh Allen has to run, once they become pass only guys half their game is gone.  Nothing slows a pass rush like a guy burning you for a few long runs.

I think this can be overstated though. If you want to compete for titles, you need to be an elite passer. It doesn’t matter how fast you are, playoff defenses are always going to chase you down. 

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think this can be overstated though. If you want to compete for titles, you need to be an elite passer. It doesn’t matter how fast you are, playoff defenses are always going to chase you down. 

Sure you need both but if you let defense off the hook by not running when it is there you are doing them a favor.  When we play the Bills I'll be as happy as can be if allen does not run much.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sure you need both but if you let defense off the hook by not running when it is there you are doing them a favor.  When we play the Bills I'll be as happy as can be if allen does not run much.

I disagree. If Allen is running in week one, it’s a good sign he’s not going to last the season. 

• Upvote 1

Took an extra year or two but football looks like it's starting to reflect basketball now. Obviously Georgia and Bama are always easy to slot in at the top, but everyone else in the top 30-40 is hard to place when the year starts because of the transfer portal. Even FSU not being top 5 is kinda odd in hindsight, but who the hell can predict how 10 transfers are going to pan out? The whole game is in seriously new territory right now. 

And you know who wound up being the biggest trailblazer for it all? Deion Sanders. ******* love it. Guy never stops being ahead of his time.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is so unlike a Brian Kelly team to play like this on a big stage and then completely give up during the final minutes.

Can Brian Kelly lose enough games? No idea what LSU was thinking. Been a yelling Belichick imitating fool since he was at D2 Assumption, and nothing has really changed. "I'm a tough guy" only goes so far when you aren't sharp enough in recruiting and real coaching acumen. Not gonna be able to hide The Suck in the SEC. 

And really if you're a top recruit college kid, you want to get yelled at by this loser? If Nick Saban or Kirby Smart or Dabo Swinney is running the show, you can live with that. This clown, not so much. 

• Upvote 1

Is Duke any good, will they give Clemson a game or will this be a steamrolling tonight?

Also Baylor.....27.5 point favs over Texas State and lose 42-31  Ouch

Don’t know much about either but Clemson typically plays well on national tv.

taking a shot with them minus the 12.5

Is Duke any good, will they give Clemson a game or will this be a steamrolling tonight?

Also Baylor.....27.5 point favs over Texas State and lose 42-31  Ouch

Duke’s QB is supposed to be a first rounder, and they have an interior OL that’s supposed to go high

• Upvote 1