Zach Wilson - Every Throw vs Eagles (Week 6)

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

9 penalties for 68 yards today. I'll admit, I blame OL and Penalties the most for our offensive issues today. Had a few drops thrown in there too.

Either way, I'd chalk this up as a net positive game for Zach regardless of the box score stats. I liked him catching 12 men on the field in a hurry up and using the hard count to get Eagles to jump.

I would like to see the breakdown on penalties and I am with you on Zach's improvements.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, doitny said:

@ 2:19 on that famous 10 yd out of bounds throw is Lazard (#10) wide open? looks like a better option to me.

Not really.  Lazard has 3 defenders within a few yards of him, one of which is an underneath defender he just cleared as the ball was being throw out of bounds.  Plus that would involve Zach throwing back across the field.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

9 penalties for 68 yards today. I'll admit, I blame OL and Penalties the most for our offensive issues today. Had a few drops thrown in there too.

Either way, I'd chalk this up as a net positive game for Zach regardless of the box score stats. I liked him catching 12 men on the field in a hurry up and using the hard count to get Eagles to jump.

I feel the same. Sure the offense sucked, but there were so many killer flags and drops. 

that Lazard blindside block was brutal. Instead of being 1-goal on the 9 it’s 2-18 on the 50.  Then he drops a near first down! That drive just sucked for non Zach reasons 

I counted at least 4 drops I think Cobb x 2, Lazard, Carter

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

I feel the same. Sure the offense sucked, but there were so many killer flags and drops. 

that Lazard blindside block was brutal. Instead of being 1-10 on the 9 it’s 2-18 on the 50.  Then he drops a near first down! That drive just sucked for non Zach reasons 

I counted at least 4 drops I think Cobb x 2, Lazard, Carter

I don’t understand why that block was a penalty, just don’t know the rule but he should have just got in the way.

Drops were an issue, but Zach was late/mis placed a bunch of balls that could have been big gains

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

This

37 minutes ago, funaz said:

I don’t understand why that block was a penalty, just don’t know the rule but he should have just got in the way.

Drops were an issue, but Zach was late/mis placed a bunch of balls that could have been big gains

I have no idea they said that he needed to block with his hands and not his shoulder. They added so many new rules it’s hard to keep up 

He's much improved, but still has a ways to go. His short passes, swings and screens were so bad last year. Much better this year. And he stays more in the pocket, and at least tries to step up.

OTOH, he still seems late with lots of throws. He has to see the field better and make quicker, correct decisions on who to throw to more often. The O game plan is very conservative, probably at least in part b/c they know his limitations and are trying to at least avoid game killing interceptions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Very hard to watch that tape above and put too much criticism on Zach if you are truly watching with unbiased eyes. I know his stats weren't great this week but if you add in those 5 drops and the ridiculous penalty that was called back and they look really good. 

Still need to clean up around the red zone but once again, his improvement from last year is clear and present. 

Some here keep harping on the sacks but I really didn't see any that were blatantly on him. The naked bootleg sack that took them out of FG range is on the playcall and not Zach. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I love how these threads go largely ignored but the other Zach Wilson threads are piping hot with takes like “Zach sucks because I said he does”…I would love to hear the same 5 posters who repeatedly spam threads like he is the worst QB to ever play the game break down each pass and tell us how he did absolutely nothing positive and everything negative is his fault…

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I love how these threads go largely ignored but the other Zach Wilson threads are piping hot with takes like “Zach sucks because I said he does”…I would love to hear the same 5 posters who repeatedly spam threads like he is the worst QB to ever play the game break down each pass and tell us how he did absolutely nothing positive and everything negative is his fault…

Exactly, context is not allowed.... Look at stats... He SuCkS... Drops are ZWs fault... Drive stopping penalties in the red zone are all on zach... 

False starts killing momentum... Again all on Zach... He is terrible. 

No let's not mention him being backed up on his own 6 throwing a nice 50/50 ball to Wilson for 30 yards... Let's not mention the laser to Cobb on the 2 point conversion... 

The 3rd and long to ruckert... Nope that was terrible... 

Extending plays getting out of the pocket and still keeping his eyes down field.... Why would that matter...

Why is Zach running a naked bootleg on the 9 yard line with no dump off... That's on zach too. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, Same Old Jets said:

Do you have any info on penalties from today's game? 

nobody mentions this

how often do they make a play and its called back 10 yards because the line is holding

or a false start putting them at 1st and 15

its one of the biggest things holding the offense back

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

they dont know how to break down film they parrot the same sh*t every drop back as if thats even possible to be the case

its reached mental illness at this point

• Thumb Down 1