NY Knicks Thread (2023-2024)

Tezza

4 hours ago, PS17 said:

This is baaaaad. Maybe they’re finally out of gas. Had to win that game Friday night. We’ll see. 

Knicks shot their wad in game 3 and Brunson looks hurt.

I fear they may be in trouble 

just too many injuries 

• Upvote 3

Randle out. Robinosn out. Onunoby done. Thats 3/5 of your starting lineup right there. Brunson has a bad ankle thats affecting his ability to play defense or move as freely as he does on offense.  Result. Series over.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2024 at 9:00 AM, Ruby2 said:

Who was the color guy, JJ Reddick right?

He was unbelievably annoying. Three man(woman) booths suck!!

That woman has the most annonying voice/tone/style to go along with the most annonying commentary. Its just.......annoying.  

• Upvote 1

Season on the line Tuesday. Missed a golden opportunity in game 3. Probably wishful thinking but I really think they respond at home tomorrow night. Find a way to scratch it out and then you get two off days before game 6.

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Randle out. Robinosn out. Onunoby done. Thats 3/5 of your starting lineup right there. Brunson has a bad ankle thats affecting his ability to play defense or move as freely as he does on offense.  Result. Series over.  

It’s not over. McConnell can guard Brunson which is an issue. They need Divi and Hart to score and not leave Halliburton wide open. Randle also sucks and isn’t missed. 

They really need OG. OG refuses to play hurt. I cant blame him either since he is an impending free agent. Without him this team is very mid. Add in the foot injury for Brunson and that is a tall hill to climb. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It’s not over. McConnell can guard Brunson which is an issue. They need Divi and Hart to score and not leave Halliburton wide open. Randle also sucks and isn’t missed. 

Randle sucks. Yea ok. McConnel couldnt check a hat girl. Little twerp. 

7 hours ago, Wit said:

They really need OG. OG refuses to play hurt. I cant blame him either since he is an impending free agent. Without him this team is very mid

Yeah… if he shreds his hammy, he’s hosed in FA. Can’t blame the guy. He seems like he’s always injured. Is he soft?

15 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah… if he shreds his hammy, he’s hosed in FA. Can’t blame the guy. He seems like he’s always injured. Is he soft?

I don't think he's soft at all, just fragile. He plays with a great deal of tenacity on both ends. 

He just always gets injured. He never plays close to a full season. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don't think he's soft at all, just fragile. He plays with a great deal of tenacity on both ends. 

He just always gets injured. He never plays close to a full season. 

OK.... fragile is a better term. Hopefully after he gets his extension, he'll be more available in the future.

JB needs to distribute the ball more tonight. Wayyy too many iso with everyone standing around and watching. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

OK.... fragile is a better term. Hopefully after he gets his extension, he'll be more available in the future.

JB needs to distribute the ball more tonight. Wayyy too many iso with everyone standing around and watching. 

I honestly have reservations about throwing the bag at him, because he's legitimately hurt every year. 

But the Knicks will pay him because of how good we've been when he's on the court

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

he plays hard, but the reports out of Toronto was that when he is hurt (he get hurt) he wont tough it out. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2024 at 7:58 PM, Matt39 said:

He’s killing the Knicks and is the Brunson stopper 

After that blowout in Indy and Brunson playing on 4 toes, I really thought they were done. But tonight, Brunson amazingly recuperated and was just unstoppable. How these guys are playing at such a high intensity with 4 players injured is beyond me.  At the very least, they have had quite a run and next year should be even more interesting. 

• Upvote 2

Very proud of this team

being so undermanned and playing with so much energy and effort is really impressive

Hoping the 2 days off before game 6 lets us build up the energy we need to finish it in 6.

The series is far from over. It will NOT be easy. We need one more big performance. Hopefully the players can taste it. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Very proud of this team

being so undermanned and playing with so much energy and effort is really impressive

Hoping the 2 days off before game 6 lets us build up the energy we need to finish it in 6.

The series is far from over. It will NOT be easy. We need one more big performance. Hopefully the players can taste it. 

I would hope having OG for a Game 7. Beat writers saying they were told at some point he could return for Conf. Final  

Thibs did a great tactical game plan. Starting Deuce on Halliburton took him right out of the game, pick/roll defense was flawless. After Turner hit 3-threes in a row, IH went out toguard him. Officiating sucked last night... all those reviews and discussions defenitely helped the Knicks slow the tempo down. Burks was a beast taking the open shots. Every player involved last night. We do have a bench afterall!!

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I would hope having OG for a Game 7. Beat writers saying they were told at some point he could return for Conf. Final  

Thibs did a great tactical game plan. Starting Deuce on Halliburton took him right out of the game, pick/roll defense was flawless. After Turner hit 3-threes in a row, IH went out toguard him. Officiating sucked last night... all those reviews and discussions defenitely helped the Knicks slow the tempo down. Burks was a beast taking the open shots. Every player involved last night. We do have a bench afterall!!

The only thing that made the officiating less tolerable was listening to Stan Van Gundy commenting on how every call should go against the Knicks, right on cue. Needed a unified opinion on SVG from the fans in MSG, with Hart filling him in on what it is they're saying. 

• Upvote 2

Hoping Knicks close this out Game 6! No more excuses... Have Deuce continue to play shutdown defense on Halliburton, guard Turner at the arc and keep the same offensive flow as last night. Hoping for a Cleveland series.

There's a culture to this team that I think best got summed up with the way DiVicenzo handled that Turner thing. He didn't back down but knew what was up in the moment, and afterwards he flat out stated how ******* dumb it would be to the team for him to fight in today's NBA. Added in "trying to be tough guys and that's not their identity." Then he kept his cool and helped close the show. That's some serious gangster sh*t. 

They don't match up against Boston well at all on paper, and they don't match up with any of the top teams from the West either, but the one thing you can be sure of as evident in their rebounding is that they will be the tougher team on the court (and probably the best conditioned too) on any night and you've always got a shot when you have that. Playoffs are won on the glass.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Losing Hart just might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back here. Just not enough bodies left.

I didn't read he's out for game 7 yet. Until I see that, I will believe Hart will be ready to go once he gets recharged and a couple boxes of Mike and Ike in his system. I'm just glad we got a game 7 after losing OG Anunoby in game 2. IF Hart can't go, it'll be make things harder on the boards for sure, but I still believe the Knicks can pull out a W in game 7 at MSG.  If the Knicks do win, they'll be like Memphis Belle flying into the ECF to face Boston. No matter what happens. What a great season. Thank you, Knicks!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I didn't read he's out for game 7 yet. Until I see that, I will believe Hart will be ready to go once he gets recharged and a couple boxes of Mike and Ike in his system. I'm just glad we got a game 7 after losing OG Anunoby in game 2. IF Hart can't go, it'll be make things harder on the boards for sure, but I still believe the Knicks can pull out a W in game 7 at MSG.  If the Knicks do win, they'll be like Memphis Belle flying into the ECF to face Boston. No matter what happens. What a great season. Thank you, Knicks!

Hoping like Hell he can play, but the Twitter docs are making it sound bleak 

even if he plays, I worry he’ll be ineffective 

we’ll see

i think we lose without an effective Hart game unless Brunson, Deuce, Donte, and Burks all shoot well 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Hoping like Hell he can play, but the Twitter docs are making it sound bleak 

even if he plays, I worry he’ll be ineffective 

we’ll see

i think we lose without an effective Hart game unless Brunson, Deuce, Donte, and Burks all shoot well 

If he plays, we will win. He can come in and do his impersonation of Willis Reed for a few minutes and inspire them with his heart.

• Post of the Week 1