NY Knicks Thread (2023-2024)

Tezza

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Anunoby could be leaving. He refused to sign deal offered by Knicks. Of course all about money but the team was much better with him in the lineup and it was a great trade. I don't know what he wants prob max deal but I'd find a way to keep him if team wants to contend. 

The guy is always injured. That's the issue. He's a very good player when he's on the court, but that's always a question mark.

• Upvote 1

Just read that they traded Bogdanovic and a raft of 1st round picks (4+?) for Mikal Bridges. Seems expensive, but all those picks weren't going to stick on the roster anyway. I just wonder what Bridges' contract status is, having so many guys to pay. I think Mitch is gone, but I don't know if they kept a pick this year to try and draft another big.

The Knicks are kinda loaded

23 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Anunoby could be leaving. He refused to sign deal offered by Knicks. Of course all about money but the team was much better with him in the lineup and it was a great trade. I don't know what he wants prob max deal but I'd find a way to keep him if team wants to contend. 

I'd be pretty shocked if OG left. The Knicks are the only team that can give him a 5th year and their record with him in the lineup is off the charts. I think they would max him out before letting him leave. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Knicks are kinda loaded

I'd be pretty shocked if OG left. The Knicks are the only team that can give him a 5th year and their record with him in the lineup is off the charts. I think they would max him out before letting him leave. 

Everyone knew he was going to opt out, that's why Toronto traded him. It's hard to imagine they would give up a package like they did for Bridges and not pay OG and they can because they own his Bird rights. It's the type of move you make only if you are going 100% all-in on the next couple seasons. The guy they will probably lose now is Hartenstein.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Everyone knew he was going to opt out, that's why Toronto traded him. It's hard to imagine they would give up a package like they did for Bridges and not pay OG and they can because they own his Bird rights. It's the type of move you make only if you are going 100% all-in on the next couple seasons. The guy they will probably lose now is Hartenstein.

Agreed. I expect OG to resign and IHart to be gone. 

The big remaining question then becomes who else are you bringing in at center to spell Mitch? You can’t go into the season with only Mitch and Sims because Mitch is always hurt and Sims sucks. They could definitely draft one with one of their 2 first round picks, but who knows how close that player is to contributing on a win-now team. 

I’ve seen some folks bring up the possibility of Andre Drummond on a vet minimum deal. That could be a good fit for Thibs. The nuclear option would be to trade Randle, but I don’t think there is a center available worthy of giving up all all-star forward.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Bridges ****in rules you wanker

I’m lashing out. Bridges is a very nice player who tried hard and was a good company man. It would have been nice to pair him up with Giannis or someone like that, but it wasn’t going to happen with this iteration of the Nets.

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He only has to be our 3rd or 4th best player 

he was miscast on the nets 

For sure. They put the team on Bridges’ shoulders and you could see him wearing down as the season went on, especially after Ben Simmons shockingly conjured up another season-ending pinched nerve. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also just to add, they need to prioritize another wing. For real. Part of the appeal of Bridges is he alleviates the scoring responsibilities for Brunson. Priority now has to be adding insurance so that running him into the ground isn't even an option. I guess you can bring back Randle and hope for that but...meh.

It sounds like they are bringing Randle back. 

I’m mixed on Randle. He’s had two all-NBA caliber seasons for us but has been so dreadful in the playoffs that it almost erases everything else. He’s also a very mediocre defender, but an excellent rebounder. 

I’d try to move him, but it feels like he’s more valuable to the Knicks than anyone else. The playoff series against Atlanta basically ruined his reputation. 

• Upvote 2

Interesting Draft last night. We end up selecting an 18 yo French player who requires a few years of development. Traded other pick and moved out of 1st round. Leon saved potentially $3 mil trading #24 for 5 second round picks in 2025. Trying to get more cap room to sign Hartenstein.

https://sny.tv/articles/knicks-nba-draft-night-moves-bit-more-financial-flexibility

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Interesting Draft last night. We end up selecting an 18 yo French player who requires a few years of development. Traded other pick and moved out of 1st round. Leon saved potentially $3 mil trading #24 for 5 second round picks in 2025. Trying to get more cap room to sign Hartenstein.

https://sny.tv/articles/knicks-nba-draft-night-moves-bit-more-financial-flexibility

Leon turned 5 first round picks into 5 second round picks and Bridges. 

• Upvote 1