Breakout game for JSN

AFJF

Ugh with this McDonald stuff again.

Lawson is a free agent after the season and by all accounts looks to be done. Huff is a free agent and looks like he is going to cash in on the open market.

It very well could be JJ and McDonald as our two main edge rushers next season.

Such impatience from this fan base.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Would have no chance to hit his target, as evidenced by his 67% comp pct over his last three games.

Swap Lazard out with JSN and you remove several drive killing drops.

Swap him out with Cobb and you go from a corpse to a corvette.

how about targets itself. GW has 55 the next closet WR is Lazzard at 23.

so unless you think Zach would go thru his progressions to spot the next WR JSN is a waste of a pick. and im sure he wouldnt be happy with 3 targets a game.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Ya like Cooper Kupp and Keenan Allen. Those guys stink

And JSN compares to those guys….how, exactly?

I’m not saying a slot guy can’t be highly productive.  But you don’t need to spend a 1st to find one.  Allen and Kupp were both 3rd round picks.  And JSN is not on their level.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

how about targets itself. GW has 55 the next closet WR is Lazzard at 23.

so unless you think Zach would go thru his progressions to spot the next WR JSN is a waste of a pick. and im sure he wouldnt be happy with 3 targets a game.

That’s because throwing to cob like trying to milk bull

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Should've been the Jets pick.

A lot of people wrote him off after six games despite him consistently getting open.  Today he's getting targets and he's got 4 for 62 and a TD half way through the second quarter.  Should easily top 100 yards and wouldn't be surprised if he finds the end zone again.

Will McDonald, should be in a Where's Waldo poster.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And JSN compares to those guys….how, exactly?

I’m not saying a slot guy can’t be highly productive.  But you don’t need to spend a 1st to find one.  Allen and Kupp were both 3rd round picks.  And JSN is not on their level.

our current slot guy' is fugging randall cobb.   Who cares about 'slot' guys like amon ra st brown are mostly out of the slot.   Nacua has played a lot of slot.

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

In the modern NFL where 3WR is the default formation, a cheat code at slot is invaluable. You’re thinking like it’s 20 years ago. 

Again, I’m not saying slot isn’t valuable.  I’m saying it doesn’t require a 1st round pick to find a good one.  It’s an opportunity cost argument.

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

McDonald is a developmental EDGE with upside.

I hear if fans capitalize the whole word, EDGE!, it means the player will avg. 3 extra sacks a year.  Or was that 3 extra pressures, I can never remember.  At this point, I'd take being active for 3 games in a row.

Use of the word "upside" is always a bonus 2 sacks a year.

But for the love of God, please, do NOT also ......bold italicize......the word edge WHILE capitalizing it......

We're not ready for the net effect that would have.

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

JSN is a topped-out, oddly unathletic slot receiver who voluntarily sat out his junior year with a sprained ankle. The scuttlebutt out of Seattle is that they wanted him to be a slot guy with some gadget versatility, but they discovered that he doesn’t have the quickness to do it, so they’re trying to find him a more traditional role on the fly. Kudos to him finally breaking out for four catches against the mighty Cardinals, however. 

He's better than G. Wilson, according to......G. Wilson.

I trust G. Wilson.  

Know who I don't trust?  Lazard, Cobb or Hardman.  One's gone already.  

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Should've been the Jets pick.

A lot of people wrote him off after six games despite him consistently getting open.  Today he's getting targets and he's got 4 for 62 and a TD half way through the second quarter.  Should easily top 100 yards and wouldn't be surprised if he finds the end zone again.

Ask your mom for some tissues to wipe your tears

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

our current slot guy' is fugging randall cobb.   Who cares about 'slot' guys like amon ra st brown are mostly out of the slot.   Nacua has played a lot of slot.

Counter point:  Elijah Moore is f**kin terrible. 

Burning a high pick on one only to get burnt by the pick is worse than not trying to have a good slot guy at all. 

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

While we’ve been arguing this, JSN is still stuck on four catches. The Cardinals figured out that DK wasn’t playing in the game and adjusted.

Nine minutes left in the fourth. Still on four catches. Bobo is a wee seven yards back. Drama builds.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Where were St Brown and Nacua drafted?

And these guys seem to be operating under the belief that valuable slot guys work almost exclusively out of the slot.

News flash:  The Rams employ both Kupp AND Nacua.  One of them has to play on the outside when the other is on the field, no?

The best slot guys are ones who CAN play effectively on the outside when needed, can make plays on the perimeter and don’t get shoved out of the play in press coverage.  JSN doesn’t strike me as one of those.  Same reason why JD traded away Moore:  He can’t play on the outside either.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And these guys are operating under the belief that valuable slot guys work almost exclusively out of the slot.

News flash:  The Rams employ both Kupp AND Nacua.  One of them has to play on the outside when the other is on the field, no?

The best slot guys are ones who CAN play effectively on the outside when needed, can make plays on the perimeter and don’t get shoved out of the play in press coverage.  JSN doesn’t strike me as one of those.  Same reason why JD traded away Moore:  He can’t play on the outside either.

The tiny slot receiver is dead because everyone runs 11 personnel against some variation of the nickel, so the better matchup is to put a bigger receiver in the slot to handle blocking responsibilities. CeeDee Lamb is tbe perfect modern slot receiver. Brandon Aiyuk. The Jets play Lazard in the slot. Teams drafted a bunch of smaller receivers last year and they’re all playing on the outside. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Where were St Brown and Nacua drafted?

What difference does that make?  Should you never draft a qb until round 6 due to purdy and brady?

The object of the game is to obtain good players that will help your team.

The jets, a win now team are weak as hell at receiver and cant get their dline on the field becasue they have so many. Randall......Cobb.....

JSN is a great prospect and will put up numbers for years. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

What difference does that make?  Should you never draft a qb until round 6 due to purdy and brady?

The object of the game is to obtain good players that will help your team.

The jets, a win now team are weak as hell at receiver and cant get their dline on the field becasue they have so many. Randall......Cobb.....

JSN is a great prospect and will put up numbers for years. 

Hang on. We’re on #BoboWatch

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The NFL is sending JSN's uniform to Canton after the game. 4 catches for 63 yards and a TD is unheard of in today's game. 

My takeaway from the game is that we need to find out which dynasty league @PS17 plays in because there’s some easy money to made in that bad boy for years to come.

• Haha 4