I Was Wrong ...

KRL

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

My main issue with Zach in the giants game was he took sacks that he didn’t need to take, if he had played the way he did sans the needless sacks I would feel better about him, but I agree with many of your observations.

He was under fire from the first snap.

Eventually everyone succumbs under those conditions.

The fact that he got back up, tea bagged the haters, and won the ******* game is awesome!

• Upvote 3

The cerebral calisthenics some are partaking in to convince themselves that not only was Zach not god awful, but in fact played great, is some of the most bizarre sht I've ever seen. 

Sanchez, Geno, even Darnold were absolutely destroyed for far less evidence of supreme suckage. 

I mean just wtf is going on here?! 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Nixhead said:

So how would Aaron Rodgers do in this offense as currently constructed? He would get killed back there - that's how! Because of the status of our O-line we need a mobile QB back there. Rodgers is no longer mobile. Now he might compensate by throwing quick passes but I see Rodgers getting highly frustrated. Maybe by the time he comes back the Jets have figured some things out and have some stability back there. We can only hope!

It’s hard to say. While Zach is mobile, Rodgers has a full careers worth of experience. What Rodgers can do pre snap can mask a ton of issues. What’s most surprising to date is the lack of screen passing. Rodgers is the king of throwing screens on designed run plays. Him and adams were killing teams with those plays for years. In addition to that, outside of must situations, there is zero threat of a down field passing attack. We can give blame to the o line all we want but teams aren’t respecting deeper passing routes, which is making it easier for teams to play defense against us. At some point, the offense is going to have to show defenses that in the second quarter, in a tie game, that we can throw down the field. I doubt teams would be playing single high man coverage all game with Rodgers back there.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

The cerebral calisthenics some are partaking in to convince themselves that not only was Zach not god awful, but in fact played great, is some of the most bizarre sht I've ever seen. 

Sanchez, Geno, even Darnold were absolutely destroyed for far less evidence of supreme suckage. 

It’s absolutely bizarre.  Like people are watching a completely different sport.  Gaslighting all over the place.  All because the team has managed to win 4 games in spite of the QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s absolutely bizarre.  Like people are watching a completely different sport.  Gaslighting all over the place.  All because the team has managed to win 4 games in spite of the QB.

Bro you just got caught gaslighting on this page 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • En Fuego 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

It's the fantasy football, moneyball, statistical analysis , no control group world we live in ... Embrace it ... But never give up the fight.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I've said for years that fantasy football and people playing madden has distorted their view of reality.  I've seen fans say that a good draft class has to produce at least 3 or 4 starters.  This, despite the fact that no GM in NFL history has consistently produced results like that.  But in Madden every player they draft is a year 1 all pro so why can't Joe Douglas do it?

And if your on field play doesn't generate points in fantasy football, you must suck.  So when a DL pressures the QB and forces an incomplete pass to kill a drive, that dude sucks because in fantasy you only get points for sacks.  No sack?  Must suck.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

some people arent so riddled with hate and can objectively watch a player and the context and see whats going on, many, cant

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Agreed .. and neither is the OL or coaching staff.

Right. All three things can be true. 

There are o-line injuries all over the league. There are bad coaches all over the league too. Yet somehow, every single other starting QB, even the ones with those same issues, still manages to get better results. Every. One.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

Right. All three things can be true. 

There are o-line injuries all over the league. There are bad coaches all over the league too. Yet somehow, every single other starting QB, even the ones with those same issues, still manages to get better results. Every. One.

Context is necessary... That Jets have the hardest schedule with a backup QB.. But you keep doing you 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Context is necessary... That Jets have the hardest schedule with a backup QB.. But you keep doing you 

I now understand what Saleh really meant with his "receipts" comment. 

All you have is a CVS receipt sized list of excuses for this kid. It's beyond bizarre.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Let's lower the standard here -- something we do in spades for Zach.

Look at someone like Anthony Richardson. He came in, looked the part, and instantly led an offense that was scoring points. He looked good. He was moving the ball.

Let's just talk eye test here, since I don't need 3 TDs, 300 yards etc. Has Zach ever looked the part? Has he ever looked confident and capable and in command of the offense over for more than one or two drives a game? 

"I hope we don't go three and out" is my thought at the beginning of every drive.

I honestly feel like a lot of Jets fans just don't watch other NFL football games and understand what a real QB looks like, or what a good offense looks like. Some teams expect to score every time they have the ball. We hope to flip the field and avoid an embarrassing turnover.

I’m talking QBs who put together seasons you described, not 2 games out of 4 like Richardson.  He didn’t look the part, he had a couple of decent games.  
I said it’s rare that a QB comes into the NFL and has a light it up rookie season.  I didn’t comment on Zach Wilson 

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

some people arent so riddled with hate and can objectively watch a player and the context and see whats going on, many, cant

This is such a sh*tty post. Riddled with hate? What is wrong with you? Wilson had thrown 20 TDs in 29 games. He objectively isn’t good. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I've said for years that fantasy football and people playing madden has distorted their view of reality.  I've seen fans say that a good draft class has to produce at least 3 or 4 starters.  This, despite the fact that no GM in NFL history has consistently produced results like that.  But in Madden every player they draft is a year 1 all pro so why can't Joe Douglas do it?

And if your on field play doesn't generate points in fantasy football, you must suck.  So when a DL pressures the QB and forces an incomplete pass to kill a drive, that dude sucks because in fantasy you only get points for sacks.  No sack?  Must suck.

its exactly why people think Justin Fields and Deshaun Watson were so great, they put up a ton of fantasy points. Even Minshew who is the king of meaningless TD's in garbage time. Spot on great post

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I see it's going to be another week of jets fans wrapping themselves in pretzels to convince themselves Zach was actually good during yet another completely inept offensive performance.

Oline

WRs

Coaches

Weather

Zach Wilson 🚫

At least we aren't complaining the other defense was too good this week.

I’m confused. The majority of comments on the game thread, at least it seems, rip Zach to shreds. Jets fans are heavily negative. Zach has been a polarizing figure from the get-go.  Just go online to YouTube and look at different planets and the guy’s post game I think he’s the worst ever. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ugh, yeah

Take the time if you have it and go through the rookie QB’s. There are a lot more than just Stroud Burrow and Cam who put up reasonably good numbers for a rookie. Kyler, Watson, Baker..:even Jameis compared to Zach was night and day. Wilson is in year 3 and still looks like a rookie.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

This is such a sh*tty post. Riddled with hate? What is wrong with you? Wilson had thrown 20 TDs in 29 games. He objectively isn’t good. 

When people rag on a QB for going home for a day or two on a bye week, yeah, they’re posting out of hate.  When you bring up his mother you’re hating.
When you whine about INTs and bring them up this year when he got all but one of his INTs in a game the Jets were in pure desperation mode by mid 3rd Q, yeah you’re hating.  
Complain about bad play and you have plenty to bring up on its own, the rest is BS

57 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I really believe he’s gone next year.  I’m assuming either the jets don’t make the playoffs or eke in luckily and don’t win a game.  I’m predicting (go figure) OL in round 1 and a qb in round 3 to develop.  Also predict they sign a veteran qb to back up rodgers who doesn’t suck.  

How do you keep him?  He’s had his three years and it’s obvious he is not a QB1. He’ll be a back up somewhere else for a few years, may be a journeyman, and then, when he’s 30 maybe he’ll have a Geno Smith year.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:
Take the time if you have it and go through the rookie QB’s. There are a lot more than just Stroud Burrow and Cam who put up reasonably good numbers for a rookie. Kyler, Watson, Baker..:even Jameis compared to Zach was night and day. Wilson is in year 3 and still looks like a rookie.

Jameis should change his name to Jinterceptus

Edited by Dunnie

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Yes of course and the Jets execs and CS just like you, felt so bullish about him that they traded for a 40 year old replacement.

They got Rodgers as a stop gap and to get a veteran presence on the team and someone willing to help Wilson learn how to be a team leader and to recognize NFL defenses. Do you think that MLF and Joe Flacco helped his development in any way. MLF was a new OC trying to figure out his own job and Flacco was looking for a pay day as long as he could.

Could be worse and have Mac Jones at QB. Even Belicheats defense can only do so much.