I Was Wrong ...

KRL

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There’s a reason why sacks taken is considered a QB stat dude.  Unathletic statues Joe Flacco and Mike White had sub-5 % sack rates 2021-22.  Zach’s sack rate is 9.6 % for his career.  

It isn’t the OL causing those excessive sack rates.  It’s Zach holding the ball too long.  He’s 6th in time to throw and t-15th in pocket time this season. 

How dare you provide statistics and common sense to support your argument! This is the land where folks get to create their own facts and wacky narratives out of thin air fueled by Zack apologist love and a weird disassociation from reality.

9 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

That and our diabolical OL …the worst coach and coaching staff in the league…an incompetent meddling owner…a $96M DT who makes no plays ….John Franklin-Myers being a starter….the refs stiffing us at every opportunity(honourable exception to the zebra that sprinted to touch the ball Sunday)….but otherwise we are stacked except at QB….yep

Stacked?  Perhaps not.  But we’ve got Garrett and Breece who are objectively awesome, and a defense that has the following stats/ranks:

* Yards per Play Allowed:  4.8 (t-4th)

* Turnovers forced:  13 (5th)

* Passing TDs allowed:  8 (t-4th)

* Rushing TDs allowed:  3 (t-3rd)

* Opposing QB Rating:  78.1 (4th)

* QB Pressure %:  29.9 (1st)

So, yes, you can win a lot of games with a team like this with even below average QB play.  

I mean…Imagine how many more sacks/turnovers we could get on a regular basis if we were playing with more leads?  

19 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Casual Fan : a snarky term employed by the self important internet basement dwellers that have a need to drive their agenda forward without substance as a way of attempting to elevate their status amongst like minded troglodytes.

Ex: "I know the OL was in shambles, the defense was committing atrocious penalties, and the Head Coach was clueless... But anyone categorizing the QB play as average ... He is just a Casual".

As you can see .. no evidence is given to support the claim ... it's similar to a person of a certain political alignment blaming bad food on the chef being from the opposing party.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We disagree on this or that here, but... boom. You're the man. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach would have wept openly on the field attempting to play the version of football Nagle grew up in.

It is not Zach's fault that he was born in this era. How does anyone knows the differences between past and present players if they never were in that situation to prove it? It is a moronic cliche at best. 

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

whats funny is if KRL made a post saying how bad of a job ZW did, the nitwit crew would be saying how KRL is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board (which he is). Yet, since he said ZW did good under the circumstances, he doestn know what hes talking about and is obviously wrong, nitwits going to nitwit....

You make Jesus sad with your insults. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again….I was told to enjoy the ride last year, too.  I did not enjoy it.  The season is 17 games, not 7.  

I genuinelyfeel bad for you if you can’t just enjoy being competitive, even if that’s just going into the next week, it’s a decade since we were even remotely in that bracket, we might lose all 10 from here and I’ve no doubt you will take every opportunity to celebrate that, but for the moment, we are where we are, and that’s a lot better than where we’ve been….if you define success and failure so narrowly then everyone is a disaster bar the Chiefs.
I’m still far from convinced, I know there will be another shocker at some point, but in previous years this team would’ve already imploded, there are reasons to be frustrated and skeptical but equally there are reasons for optimism and to even allow yourself to feel excited about what could happen if it really clicks for this team. I’m looking forward to Monday night, won’t be at all surprised if I’m pissed off come Tuesday morning, but for now I’m making plans to actually watch the game, and as I’m in Brazil currently it’ll be about 2am until 5am and I have to be up to fly back to the UK at 11 so the effort better be worth it. It usually isn’t but as I said before, it’s the hope that gets you 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

18 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
30 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:
We know, HAL. We were actually Jets fans way back then. That was the Detmer Era for you, yes?

If he knows then why would he say Nagle was better? That was just pure bs.

Did everyone on this goddamned board lose their sense of humor?

WTAF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, redlichtie said:

I genuinelyfeel bad for you if you can’t just enjoy being competitive, even if that’s just going into the next week, it’s a decade since we were even remotely in that bracket, we might lose all 10 from here and I’ve no doubt you will take every opportunity to celebrate that, but for the moment, we are where we are, and that’s a lot better than where we’ve been….if you define success and failure so narrowly then everyone is a disaster bar the Chiefs.
I’m still far from convinced, I know there will be another shocker at some point, but in previous years this team would’ve already imploded, there are reasons to be frustrated and skeptical but equally there are reasons for optimism and to even allow yourself to feel excited about what could happen if it really clicks for this team. I’m looking forward to Monday night, won’t be at all surprised if I’m pissed off come Tuesday morning, but for now I’m making plans to actually watch the game, and as I’m in Brazil currently it’ll be about 2am until 5am and I have to be up to fly back to the UK at 11 so the effort better be worth it. It usually isn’t but as I said before, it’s the hope that gets you 

I have higher expectations than “just be competitive”.  That’s not good enough.  We’ve watched inept football for long enough.  We fans deserve a shot at a home playoff game for the first time since 2002.

13 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I have no idea where Zach will ultimately land as far as a QB. The odds are stacked against him at this point in his career. I have enough of an understanding of the complexity of the QB position however, to understand that you do not ignore progress, and you cannot say how much someone will or will not progress. Not everyone develops the same way, some develop immediately, some develop over time. Some get worse over time. For now I am accepting that ZW was slated to be the backup QB (for good reason not being the starter) and he has done and admiral job as a backup with the team sitting at 4-3 with a gauntlet of a schedule. I see zero reason to knock the sh*t out of a backup qb in this situation, but to each their own I suppose, many Jets fans want to do nothing more. If he continues to progress, with his athleticism and arm strength, its not impossilbe he becomes a very good starting QB. I am not betting on it nor against it, but many here are rooting strongly against it

Again, the bottom line for me is, nothing bad can come from a winning season with Zach Wilson as the starter, 3 months ago he had ZERO value, if we can keep winning, regardless of what stats he puts up, he will have SOME value, that’s better than nothing….he’ll never be Mahomes but improvement, however marginal, is worthy of merit 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

The thing is though - we were competitive last year. We all just watched this same movie last year, which is why we want more. We started 5-2 with the same QB, so let’s see if he can be good enough to not let this team collapse down the stretch again. But it’s hard to be overly optimistic. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I have higher expectations than “just be competitive”.  That’s not good enough.  We’ve watched inept football for long enough.  We fans deserve a shot at a home playoff game for the first time since 2002.

I don’t disagree but Rome wasn’t built in a day, have you watched the Jets since 2015???……just be competitive has been an out and out pipe dream for 10 years(until last year, incidentally) you don’t go from incompetent to World Champion overnight….I’ll take progression over regression 

4 hours ago, fullblast said:

I’ve never seen Zach stand in the pocket and deliver like this. It was a drop but the pocket work was immaculate here. He did this throughout the game on Sunday.

No running backwards like a high school QB, just stand and deliver.

this is ELITE play

shuffle up in the pocket little jump throw DIME to Lazard the can

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

KRL, I was going off in the game day thread. You have these casual fans constantly blaming Wilson and they couldn’t be more wrong. 

He had zero running game and a sh*tty performance for an offensive line yet he’s still supposed to have “pocket presence.”

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

4 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

I don’t disagree but Rome wasn’t built in a day, have you watched the Jets since 2015???……just be competitive has been an out and out pipe dream for 10 years(until last year, incidentally) you don’t go from incompetent to World Champion overnight….I’ll take progression over regression 

Why did we go get Rodgers if the plan wasn’t to go get not one but several home playoff games?

I get that Rodgers’ injury skewered that, but this is STILL a team capable of winning this division with remotely competitive QB play.  That’s how good the rest of the roster has been, particularly the defense.  You can’t just punt away a season like that.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FactsOnly said:

this is ELITE play

shuffle up in the pocket little jump throw DIME to Lazard the can

Zach has always shown glimpses. He needs to show it consistently. He hasn’t. Maybe that’s on the coaches not trusting him. Maybe they see stuff in practice and on film to not trust him. All I know is that it’s not currently good enough to get to where the rest of the team is ready to be. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The thing is though - we were competitive last year. We all just watched this same movie last year, which is why we want more. We started 5-2 with the same QB, so let’s see if he can be good enough to not let this team collapse down the stretch again. But it’s hard to be overly optimistic. 

I don’t disagree, we’ve all seen this before but unlike people who choose to fixate on the QB position I’m just as worried about our OL or the curiously under-discussed Breece Hall effort running the ball on Sunday (what was it?….12 carries for 17 yards?….that’s just not good enough although assuaged by his TD catch) …..and btw I bloody love Breece Hall…or how about all those drops and the generally below average effort from WR other than Garrett….the lacklustre run D despite an absolute shutdown of their passing game because they had no QB……or the game plan in a rain storm, we know Wilson needs all the help he can get, we’ve got to do a better job of given him a chance right?  we’ve got to help our QB out a bit here

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Zach has always shown glimpses. He needs to show it consistently. He hasn’t. Maybe that’s on the coaches not trusting him. Maybe they see stuff in practice and on film to not trust him. All I know is that it’s not currently good enough to get to where the rest of the team is ready to be. 

if they dont trust him, dont play him, its that simple. This playing him and playing not to lose is bs and counter productive. If you play him, let him play, if you arent going to let him play, next man up. You cant keep winning like they are winnign

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Heard an interview with Orlovsky where the interviewer was breaking his balls about always being so positive about quarterbacks, no matter how bad, and Orlovsky admitted it’s mostly shtick intended to produce viral clips in those media markets. Similar to Baldinger

Link?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

First 4 games were Flacco last year and we had the miracle win against Cleveland... look... as stated 1,000 times, this is the qb until Rodgers comes back...just give this kid a few clean pockets and run the ball effectively and we have a shot to win a lot of games

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Stacked?  Perhaps not.  But we’ve got Garrett and Breece who are objectively awesome, and a defense that has the following stats/ranks:

* Yards per Play Allowed:  4.8 (t-4th)

* Turnovers forced:  13 (5th)

* Passing TDs allowed:  8 (t-4th)

* Rushing TDs allowed:  3 (t-3rd)

* Opposing QB Rating:  78.1 (4th)

* QB Pressure %:  29.9 (1st)

So, yes, you can win a lot of games with a team like this with even below average QB play.  

I mean…Imagine how many more sacks/turnovers we could get on a regular basis if we were playing with more leads?  

You do realize below average play would pretty much be an improvement. Zach Lover^^

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, maury77 said:

Here are all the box scores for week 8: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/

If you don't think Zach was bad against the Giants, please point to one of the other quarterbacks that played last week who were bad in your opinion and tell us why Zach was better. 

Tyrod Taylor in the SAME GAME GOOFBALL

4-7 9 YARDS!!

you are a true CASUAL comparing teams playing in domes to teams playing in a downpour

embarrassing 

• Haha 1