Sports illustrated piece on Zach Wilson

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The bad man is gone.  He hasn’t gotten meaningfully better under Hackett.  Maybe a 3rd OC can unlock his secret greatness

If you're looking for me to surrender I will... if you see no improvement, can't argue with someone with hatred blinders on

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, jetswin said:

If you're looking for me to surrender I will... if you see no improvement, can't argue with someone with hatred blinders on

I said no “meaningful” improvement.  Your choice to ignore that qualifier.  Also your choice to pretend the 31st ranked QB in the league is much better than the 32nd.  Because that’s where that “improvement” has gotten him.  Yay?

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I said no “meaningful” improvement.  Your choice to ignore that qualifier.  Also your choice to pretend the 31st ranked QB in the league is much better than the 32nd.

2022 Zach and 2023 Zach are vastly different players, even the blind guy who says "morning ladies," as he passes them on the street can see that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, jetswin said:

2022 Zach and 2023 Zach are vastly different players, even the blind guy who says "morning ladies," as he passes them on the street can see that.

And yet he still looked like one of the worst QBs I’ve ever seen this past Sunday, as well as the week before, all the same.  And the numbers back that up.  Weird how that works huh.  

This is why I trust data over hopeful optimists/homers.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And yet he still looked like one of the worst QBs I’ve ever seen this past Sunday, as well as the week before, all the same.  And the numbers back that up.  Weird how that works huh.

the team has 4 wins this year, that's been their total in 40% of the past ten seasons.  Ill take that number 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

ZW might just be the most divisive QB in Jets history. 

I don't think so. 

We're exactly the same place we were with Darnold around the same time, and with Sanchez, but a little later on, and Geno as well.

This will work itself out just like those three did, when Wilson is cut loose.  

Architect.jpg.7146ff20f5b350458fe8b46ae64f12e9.jpg

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

But now it's turned into a "I'm miserable and everyone else should be too" thing.

It's funny that the homer white-knights, who are sooooooo angry at criticism of Zach, think it's OTHER people who are the miserable ones, lol.

It's exhausting. I just want to watch Jets football.

Is someone stopping you?

My expectations when Rodgers went out was about 4 wins for the season.

So you're no better at predicting game outcomes than you are QB success.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Develop….sure.  As the QB3.  That’s the developmental spot he belonged in.  

Minshew would have cost $5M at most.  Davis Mills a mid-round pick.  Mike White could have easily been resigned.  Bridgewater was available late into the offseason.  There were options available all summer.  

You know my opinion about what we should have done the year Wilson was drafted. I was not in favor of us drafting him. That said, he has made some very big strides this year. It hasn't shown up on the Stat sheet yet. With his improved accuracy and mechanics, it has a chance too. My contention is, the retirement of Corey Davis, really hurt this passing offense. Wilson had some chemistry with him. You can't lay all the blame on Wilson for our red zone issues. A lot of blame to go around. Look at the year GW, is having.If he stays healthy he'll have over 90 receptions and well over 1000 yards. He is our only legitimate threat on the outside. That's not to mention our lack of a really trustworthy slot reciever.

• Upvote 4

Yes he’s the Jets quarterback.
Yes- The Jets have won four games with him.
Two of said games took absolutely insane things to happen to get the win.
Yes- he made two good throws late.
Confirmed - he is not turning over the ball at an alarming rate anymore- but still turning it over more than he puts up points.
Bottom line is, he is still the absolute worst quarterback in the league ( not sure it’s even close). 

Cool
You were on a role of truth .. then you tanked your own post.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Nobody.. 

Not one person has said that... 

You say it almost every post you make, when you find the time to stop bulk spamming neg-reps, lol.

P.S. I gave you back a few reps, since you've been so generous lately.  Enjoy!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You say it almost every post you make, when you find the time to stop bulk spamming neg-reps, lol.

Never have I ever said that... Stop making sh*t up.... The offense sucks including Zach but the offensive problems are not ALL because of Zach... He is part of the problem sometimes and other people are also part of the problem... 

Again stop polarizing the argument... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jetswin said:

ok just the losses then

lol

He played well in the KC game.  Cost us the NE game on his own.  Dallas game he sucked, but you can make a case a replacement level QB loses that game too.

So he’s cost us 1 game and sucked in all our wins.  Truly the mark of a growing, “night and day different” QB.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is why I trust data over hopeful optimists/homers.  

Zack is not a very good QB.  Take him and throw him to a blitz happy team in torrential rain, with backups protecting him up front.  did you expect him to do much better?  Regardless of how lucky we were to win, he made the passes that led us to tie the game.  He is still not a very good QB but he is what he is and our starter.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

You do agree

I agree that you're one of the biggest "Everyone's fault but Zach, Zach is dreamy" posters on the site Dunnie, lol.

Keep in mind that more than one thing can be true at the same time:

1. We have several problems on Offense at current

2. Zach Wilson is a horrible QB, and the biggest problem for the Offense

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Zack is not a very good QB.  Take him and throw him to a blitz happy team in torrential rain, with backups protecting him up front.  did you expect him to do much better?  Regardless of how lucky we were to win, he made the passes that led us to tie the game.  He is still not a very good QB but he is what he is and our starter.  

QBs have to be able to play in the rain sometimes.  If they can’t do the job effectively, maybe don’t draft them # 2 overall in the first place when you play half your games in the northeast, outdoors.  Just a thought.

The weather was fine against NE and Philly and he sucked in those, too.  What’s the excuses for those?  

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

You do agree to the following though right.

1. QB has been better this year although still below average.
2. Coach staff has no answers on offense.
3. OL is a shredded doily.
4. Defense is committing back breaking penalties at an alarming rate.
5. The running game is non existent and the OC doesn't know how to fix it.
6. The Defensive hubristic genius of a coach is afraid of offensive football.
7. Special team is the shining light for this team.

Right ??

I think the predictable runs are hurting the run game and the pass game.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I agree that you're one of the biggest "Everyone's fault but Zach, Zach is dreamy" posters on the site Dunnie, lol.

3. The offensive problems make Zach look worse than he is playing 

• Thumb Down 1

It amuses me that guys see me as some sort of arch Zach supporter when 90% of my posts acknowledge he has a long way to go.

But such is the price of posting a fair and balanced analysis.

• Upvote 3