Sports illustrated piece on Zach Wilson

9 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
22 minutes ago, GangGreened said:
[mention=39401]Reasonable Jets Fan[/mention] I see you’re out there giving out neg reps. 
Can you enlighten us please?

There should be a contest for the most negative reps. That way it won't be so upsetting when you get one.

He didn’t neg rep me, it was someone else I was replying to. He even said so in his post. You can drop one since you felt the need the chime in.

• WTF? 1

9 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

So you understand that people were dropping balls and he was pressured on 75% of his drop backs on driving rain and Hackett stopped running the ball yet.... it's all Zachs fault! 🤣 

Zach made some bad throws and took some horrible sacks... For that he looked like absolute sh*t... That I can agree on...

The over dramatic hyperpolerization that I have to love him if I don't aggressively hate him is what really erks me... I think the dude has talent and it's looking like he is on the cusp of having a few big games... But the rest of the offense is not exactly helping including Hack and his unwillingness to run the ball outside of first down. 

Never said I aggressively hate him. Never even implied it. He’s thrown six Touchdowns all year. This offense is painful to watch- no, not all his fault- and Hackett does stink too. it’s 2023. Every rule in the book tips towards the offensive and the quarterback moving the ball and scoring points. I’m just so tired of poor quarterback play by this team for years now. Believe it or not, I actually root for Zach to play well every week, I also appreciate and recognize how he has matured a lot over the last year. That said he is not even playing at an average level and every metric and stat supports that.

He has a very below average defense coming to town this week. If he plays the way he will need to (because I think the Chargers will score points) then I will be happy to come back next week and say- yes- Zach played well and was one of the reason the Jets won. If he doesn’t - then I will continue to point out his shortcomings after all this is a public forum and it’s kind of what it’s for.

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Never said I aggressively hate him. Never even implied it. He’s thrown six Touchdowns all year. This offense is painful to watch- no, not all his fault- and Hackett does stink too. it’s 2023. Every rule in the book tips towards the offensive and the quarterback moving the ball and scoring points. I’m just so tired of poor quarterback play by this team for years now. Believe it or not, I actually root for Zach to play well every week, I also appreciate and recognize how he has matured a lot over the last year. That said he is not even playing at an average level and every metric and stat supports that.

He has a very below average defense coming to town this week. If he plays the way he will need to (because I think the Chargers will score points) then I will be happy to come back next week and say- yes- Zach played well and was one of the reason the Jets won. If he doesn’t - then I will continue to point out his shortcomings after all this is a public forum and it’s kind of what it’s for.

I agree... If he looks terrible on Monday night, and Bosa is not in his lap every play, and Players are not dropping easy balls as this past week... I think there is a lot of justification to criticizing him... 

All I have been saying is there is context to his level of play and I think he is a lot better than given credit for... Those bone headed sacks I thought were gone after NE game but you can see it starts happening when he is frustrated with not moving the ball all game... It came out in Dallas and NE... He feels like he has to start doing something above and beyond which leads to him holding the ball too long or forcing throws leading to INTs... 

It's usually late in the game after the defense has shut down the offense... He loses patience. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, GangGreened said:

I’m asking you for the context that makes Zach Wilson better than Gardner Minshew and Russel Wilson. You’re failing to provide it.

Russell Wilson is missing wide open WRs all over the field.. He is throwing the ball in the dirt and he has a much better OL then Zach is working with due to injuries... Although Zach is not getting competitions a lot of his incompletions  are contested throws were the DBs are making good plays or the Receiver drops them... Overall the majority of Zach's throws are pretty close to on point... Not always great placement and sometimes late but sometimes Players also need to make plays and it seems like GW is the only one making those plays when contested... 

Zach is also 'through stats' getting pressured at one of the highest rates in the NFL.. Which he is escaping to either throw it away (more incompletitions) or sometimes make a nice off platform play... 

Hackett is also not helping Zach because he abandons the run too quick... And there are no deep shots so the DBs are sitting on all the routes... Even with that he is limiting turnovers and winning games... 

Minshew has a great offense coach that coaches QBs well but he is also a very limited QB... Minshew is throwing to Wide open WRs all game and still has trouble winning games... 

12 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

All I have been saying is there is context to his level of play and I think he is a lot better than given credit for... Those bone headed sacks I thought were gone after NE game but you can see it starts happening when he is frustrated with not moving the ball all game... It came out in Dallas and NE... He feels like he has to start doing something above and beyond which leads to him holding the ball too long or forcing throws leading to INTs... 

It's usually late in the game after the defense has shut down the offense... He loses patience. 

I think this is ass backwards.  Zach doesn't get the ball out on time and starts holding it because he is patient.  He has been completely neutered by the coaching staff.  He's not trying to do anythihng above and beyond.  He's trying not to screw up and turn it over.  

You can't be a swinging dick starting NFL QB and be afraid of chucking the ball into tight windows.  He's had his balls cut off by Saleh and Hackett.  

It's only when he has no choice but to take charge and let it go that he looks like a real NFL QB.  

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Russell Wilson is missing wide open WRs all over the field.. He is throwing the ball in the dirt and he has a much better OL then Zach is working with due to injuries... Although Zach is not getting competitions a lot of his incompletions  are contested throws were the DBs are making good plays or the Receiver drops them... Overall the majority of Zach's throws are pretty close to on point... Not always great placement and sometimes late but sometimes Players also need to make plays and it seems like GW is the only one making those plays when contested... 

Zach is also 'through stats' getting pressured at one of the highest rates in the NFL.. Which he is escaping to either throw it away (more incompletitions) or sometimes make a nice off platform play... 

Hackett is also not helping Zach because he abandons the run too quick... And there are no deep shots so the DBs are sitting on all the routes... Even with that he is limiting turnovers and winning games... 

Minshew has a great offense coach that coaches QBs well but he is also a very limited QB... Minshew is throwing to Wide open WRs all game and still has trouble winning games... 

LOL I don’t know where to even start with this. There is so many different ways to pick this apart but just beginning sounds exhausting. I can if you insist.

Listen, you have such a problem with JF80, but your the ying to his yang with takes like this. You’re just as extreme as he is, but from the other side. 

I fully acknowledged that he’s improved, but he’s still a very bottom tier QB, around 28-29th in the league. There is nothing inaccurate about that statement. You can’t dispute it with anything factual (the above is not factual, and I’m pretty sure just off the top of my head Russell Wilson is a more pressured QB than Zach lol I could be wrong. pressure and blitz rates are both up league wide. If Russ is missing all of these open players, why is his completion percentage higher? Your reasoning for Minshew is he has a great offensive coach and throws to wide open WRs? Show me tape)

I would love nothing more than your takes to become reality and I will be here waiting to eat your plate of crow with a huge smile on my face. But until then, your just the on the other end of the pole.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I think this is ass backwards.  Zach doesn't get the ball out on time and starts holding it because he is patient.  He has been completely neutered by the coaching staff.  He's not trying to do anythihng above and beyond.  He's trying not to screw up and turn it over.  

You can't be a swinging dick starting NFL QB and be afraid of chucking the ball into tight windows.  He's had his balls cut off by Saleh and Hackett.  

It's only when he has no choice but to take charge and let it go that he looks like a real NFL QB.  

Ive been saying this exact thing, its crystal clear to anyone watching. My argument is either let the kid throw the ball and make plays or put in someone else. This is the exact wrong way to handle ZW, and its not good for anyone. I would so much rather see Simeon in and trying to make plays than this neutered no mistake bs they have ZW playing

4 hours ago, GangGreened said:

LOL I don’t know where to even start with this. There is so many different ways to pick this apart but just beginning sounds exhausting. I can if you insist.

Listen, you have such a problem with JF80, but your the ying to his yang with takes like this. You’re just as extreme as he is, but from the other side. 

I fully acknowledged that he’s improved, but he’s still a very bottom tier QB, around 28-29th in the league. There is nothing inaccurate about that statement. You can’t dispute it with anything factual (the above is not factual, and I’m pretty sure just off the top of my head Russell Wilson is a more pressured QB than Zach lol I could be wrong. pressure and blitz rates are both up league wide. If Russ is missing all of these open players, why is his completion percentage higher? Your reasoning for Minshew is he has a great offensive coach and throws to wide open WRs? Show me tape)

I would love nothing more than your takes to become reality and I will be here waiting to eat your plate of crow with a huge smile on my face. But until then, your just the on the other end of the pole.

This exactly proves my point...

Unwilling to use context and you won't agree... 

You do you...

All set trying to talk to clan of 'It's all Zach's fault' posters anymore... Lost causes.

Continue on, in your bitching and misery. 

4 hours ago, GangGreened said:

*yin

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Biggs said:

I see it that way but always thought it was boring ball control defensive minded coaching.    They seem to like punting and field goals over taking shots until they have no choice.   

The Zach on “gotta have it” drives is what it always should be IMO.   The team will have some turnovers but score WAY more.  

20 hours ago, Gibby said:

Sam Howell and Will Levis threw for 4 Touchdowns in 1 game. Both are on teams that are probably tanking.

It's embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

This exactly proves my point...

Unwilling to use context and you won't agree... 

You do you...

All set trying to talk to clan of 'It's all Zach's fault' posters anymore... Lost causes.

Continue on, in your bitching and misery. 

Saying “they have better coaches and throw to wide open players” is not context. Show me some data, film? Can you prove any of this is actually the case? 

Its not all Zachs fault. Hackett sucks, and so does the oline. But he’s a bottom 5 QB in the league and it’s pretty much indisputable, even with these circumstances. Last year, different coach, same story. 

You just saying things and providing no evidence is not “context”

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Saying “they have better coaches and throw to wide open players” is not context. Show me some data, film? Can you prove any of this is actually the case? 

Its not all Zachs fault. Hackett sucks, and so does the oline. But he’s a bottom 5 QB in the league and it’s pretty much indisputable, even with these circumstances. Last year, different coach, same story. 

You just saying things and providing no evidence is not “context”

Context matters... But what the **** do I know... 🤷🏼‍♂️

I share the same opinion as these former players. 

Warfish and J80 and a few others polarize the argument... 

I say he is a mediocre QB at the moment making bone headed plays and some amazing dimes and inconsistent... 

Yet it turns into 'you love Zach' ... 'it's everyone else's fault' 

None of what I say or believe...

This is why it's impossible to talk on this forum without the whole crew coming out and shouting -'Zach is the worst' he will never be good... He is not NFL QB... But yet there are many former players and coaches that have been saying otherwise... 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

When one of his "defenders" starts off with 

maybe you need to reevaluate what they are saying in his defense.  

It is a looooooong way from that to all the "heir apparent" to Rodgers BS that has been spouted.

Wild of Quincy to say that because “Zach is the future” is the official position of the team, and Quincy works for the team

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

When one of his "defenders" starts off with 

maybe you need to reevaluate what they are saying in his defense.  

It is a looooooong way from that to all the "heir apparent" to Rodgers BS that has been spouted.

Nobody is arguing that he is taking over for Aaron... You polarize the argument.... 

He is playing as an NFL QB and doing his job... That's all the jets are asking for... 

Do you even read? 

6 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Context matters... But what the **** do I know... 🤷🏼‍♂️

I share the same opinion as these former players. 

Warfish and J80 and a few others polarize the argument... 

I say he is a mediocre QB at the moment making bone headed plays and some amazing dimes and inconsistent... 

Yet it turns into 'you love Zach' ... 'it's everyone else's fault' 

None of what I say or believe...

This is why it's impossible to talk on this forum without the whole crew coming out and shouting -'Zach is the worst' he will never be good... He is not NFL QB... But yet there are many former players and coaches that have been saying otherwise... 

Sir this is not even what we were arguing about. I actually agree with most of those tweets (though watch what Leger will say about him once he has a bad game. Remember, he “sees things and knows things” or whatever he insinuated last year about ZW) Let’s just be happy the Jets got the ball back after that 4th down sack or these tweets wouldn’t exist!

I was asking for evidence of the claims you made about Russell Wilson and Gardner Minshew. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Nobody is arguing that he is taking over for Aaron... You polarize the argument.... 

He is playing as an NFL QB and doing his job... That's all the jets are asking for... 

Do you even read? 

Do you?   Enunwa basically just said he is better than last year and is playing better than most backup QB.  Is that a ringing endorsement to you?  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Again nobody is saying that on this forum even the starkest defenders.. 

hasn’t the position of Saleh, Douglas, and our resident insiders been that Zach is going to learn behind Rodgers for two years, sign a fun, imaginary short-money deal, then take over after Rodgers leaves? 

• WTF? 1

Just now, GangGreened said:

Sir this is not even what we were arguing about. I actually agree with most of those tweets (though watch what Leger will say about him once he has a bad game. Remember, he “sees things and knows things” or whatever he insinuated last year about ZW) Let’s just be happy the Jets got the ball back after that 4th down sack or these tweets wouldn’t exist!

I was asking for evidence of the claims you made about Russell Wilson and Gardner Minshew. 

You are nit picking 2 QBs out of the 10 I listed that you disagree with... Great... Russ is playing his worst ball and Minshew is getting exposed against worse defenses... 

The greater context is in what I wrote that he is not the 'worst QB in the league' 

I watch them play and Russ can't hit anybody...

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Enunwa is expressly saying that Zach Wilson is *not* the long term future of the team!

Not yet... Not at the way he is currently playing but he is improving and there is hope that he will improve more, so again... 

But again no context that it's years from now for him to be that QB if he makes it there or learns real quick

He is playing as a backup game manager as he is asked to do.. 

Yet I am pegged as one of these Zach defenders as you call them only because I disagree with your hot takes that Zach is the worst, he sucks... 

6 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Who is giving ringing endorsements? The 'defenders' as you call them are saying that he is playing as a mediocre qb that is getting better. 

A mediocre backup QB that is getting better.  I agree with that.  So does everybody else.  If you don't think anybody is saying he is good enough and acting like he is on a trajectory to be our "stud" "franchise" starter in 2025 you are completely tone deaf.

Just now, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

You are nit picking 2 QBs out of the 10 I listed that you disagree with... Great... Russ is playing his worst ball and Minshew is getting exposed against worse defenses... 

The greater context is in what I wrote that he is not the 'worst QB in the league' 

I watch them play and Russ can't hit anybody...

Let’s do like 5 more then. I have him rated as somewhere between 26-30 among QBs, depending on who’s starting that week since there’s a lot of starters missing time. That indeed is improvement from last year when he was around #34.

But apparently, this position bothers you. And I hate him! I hope Zach Wilson gets stuck in NY and can’t spend Christmas with his family! 

AND I’d also rather him start than Trevor Siemien

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

A mediocre backup QB that is getting better.  I agree with that.  So does everybody else.  If you don't think anybody is saying he is good enough and acting like he is on a trajectory to be our "stud" "franchise" starter in 2025 you are completely tone deaf.

This is the point... Impossible to talk to you... You take something I say and polarize it to an extreme... 

All set man... 

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I disagree with “mediocre.” He is Curtis Painter-level