Have You Ever Seen An Announcer Make Fun Of A Team/Player?

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

At this point the most likely pick in round 1 is a tackle, given the situation.  Also, you can’t keep Wilson and even if you bring in a veteran backup, you still need another qb to start grooming.  

Yeah it’s a tough call.  You need a starting Tackle and 2024 is supposedly a deep QB class, you roll the dice with QB in Rd 1, which is what it always is no matter how highly touted a guy is, and he busts (like most do) you miss out on a high quality Tackle who won’t be there after Rd 1.  Vice versa if you draft Tackle in Rd 1.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

@T0mShane has mentioned this before, but Aikman, the Mannings, etc.—any time a guy who played QB in the NFL talks about Wilson, they do it with barely disguised contempt

Fitzpatrick on the Amazon broadcast last year flat out said he doesn’t care about football and you can see it in his play.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yes, last night.

Good for Aikman.

Somebody has to tell the truth.

I can’t listen to Bob Saleh any more.

Did you listen to any after game pressers?  Saleh himself is struggling to defend Wilson.  Its painful to listen to, but he is struggling.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Aikman, Scott Van Pelt and possibly Joe Buck were mocking us at the end of the game last night, joking about us mounting a comeback during GT.  Can anyone recall announcers doing something like that?

I'm not disagreeing that our offense has been terrible and I actually kind of like Aikman as an announcer.  I like that he makes criticisms, just like he did as a player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM1qBY-qmJw

Well, Jets. It is always OK to bash the Jets, especially at ESPN.

Aside from last night, I can recall two times where the announcers basically tee'd off on a team. One was on a Sunday night game against the Chiefs and Derrick Thomas basically planted Jeff George in the Arrowhead turf. The other was on the MNF opener, with you guessed it, the Raiders where Merriman did the same to Aaron Brooks, and Jerry Porter cheering on the Chargers from the Raiders sideline. The announcers were giddy, as they took shots at the Raider coaches and players. I have friends who are Raider fans (they're enemies this week). So they were empathetic with me over last night. lol

• Upvote 1