Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

True but in this specific draft the top 2 stud OTs will be long gone. Jets need 2 new OTs for next season with no path in getting even one right now. Rodgers will probably get his buddy Bakhtieri here and I guess resign Becton to a team friendly deal maybe? There’s nothing available in free agency. With the 10th pick they can maybe get Bowers, Nabers, Odunze? Will be interesting!

It’s never good when you can’t have 2 top 5 picks….i get it

Just now, SR24 said:

It doesn’t matter where the pick is if Douglas is the one making it. It was a dumb win but it doesn’t matter and we all know it 

I mean Douglas deserves a lot of criticism this year but the 2022 draft was pretty decent no?  Even last year.  We didn’t see Macdonald much since we were loaded in defense but the kid has talent and tile will be expanded next year.  Tippman was also a good pick.  The. Again he’s made bad picks too which shouldn’t t be forgotten.  

• Upvote 1

The tank crew having a bad day 

teams in the top 8 today

carolina- just bad

cheaters- just bad

commanders- if Brisett is healthy and they played Howell that’s a tank 

Cardinals had a chance to win, muffed it   Not tanking 

chargers lost by 1 

Giants won and went back a spot

Titans won 

Atlanta blows 

Chicago definitely not tanking 

basically the commanders might have tried to lose, no evidence anyone else did. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barton said:

If Jets hit some home runs in free agency (top WR, Oline help, etc) but need a top LT prospect, a trade up for a few slots may have to be on the table. 

I think a good player will be available at 10.  I think a trade down is more likely than a trade up honestly if they want to recoup a second 

• Upvote 1

Lets assume the Giants dont go O-tackle because they already have Andrew Thomas. Ditto Chargers because they have Slater (they could go Oline though)

Titans, Falcons, Bears - do any of these teams have a GLARING need for Oline help, specifically LT? Titans, right?

4 minutes ago, Barton said:

If Jets hit some home runs in free agency (top WR, Oline help, etc) but need a top LT prospect, a trade up for a few slots may have to be on the table. 

How do they trade up a few slots with no second rounder? 

Do you want to move our third so we only have a 1 pick within the first 120 picks? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barton said:

Lets assume the Giants dont go O-tackle because they already have Andrew Thomas. Ditto Chargers because they have Slater (they could go Oline though)

Titans, Falcons, Bears - do any of these teams have a GLARING need for Oline help, specifically LT? Titans, right?

Why even risk it? I'd call the Broncos and see if those rumors about Bolles being available are true. 

Just now, maury77 said:

Why even risk it? I'd call the Broncos and see if those rumors about Bolles being available are true. 

Has he panned out for them? Thought I heard some bleh noise about him. Could be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Barton said:

Not having a 2nd kills us in regard to trading up. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Sure would be nice having a high 1st so we have the option to trade down and recoup our 2nd rounder huh.

If only there was something we could have done to make that happen.  If only.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

Has he panned out for them? Thought I heard some bleh noise about him. Could be wrong. 

I'm not going to pretend I watch his tape but according to PFF he has been pretty decent throughout his career:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/garett-bolles/11775?season=2017

I'm not saying he's Jonathan Ogden, but if the price is reasonable, he should solidify the position. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure would be nice having a high 1st so we have the option to trade down and recoup our 2nd rounder huh 

yep 

so the thing to do in this draft is take your best OL or WR on the board. 

I guarantee there will be a future pro bowl OL or WR sitting there at 10 - whether we take that guy or not is a different matter entirely 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Considering we had traded our first away and it turned into that second I'll consider it a win that we even have a first... you know, now that the waking nightmare of this past season is over.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

I've heard this many times before but it's inaccurate.  We were dead when we beat the Rams at 0-13.  Jacksonville had one win and the tiebreaker and no intention of attempting to win another game that season.  We however came up against the Browns whose entire crop of WRs were out due to Covid regulations and beat them so we missed out on Lawrence by two wins.  Btw it appears that entire 2021 draft class of QBs will go down as one of the most disappointing ever. #1 hasn't lived up to expectations and choked away his team's playoff chances today,  #2 Bust, #3 bust,  #11 meh, #15 bust.  Now the 2020 class with Burrow, Tua, and Herbert will go down as just slightly better but I'm sure we would have effed that one up anyway so really no reason to despair...

You read it wrong, I said if we would have won 1 more meaningless victory in 2020 we wouldn’t have ended up with ZW as in we would’ve picked too high 

Just now, slimjasi said:

yep 

so the thing to do in this draft is take your best OL or WR on the board. 

I guarantee there will be a future pro bowl OL or WR sitting there at 10 - whether we take that guy or not is a different matter entirely 

I hear there’s some studs at DT. 

(not even joking, would love them if we didn’t suck donkey balls on offense)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure would be nice having a high 1st so we have the option to trade down and recoup our 2nd rounder huh.

If only there was something we could have done to make that happen.  If only.

Can’t trade down from 10? A lot easier to make a deal at 10 as it isn’t nearly as expensive. Qb falls to 10, could swing a deal with Denver…

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barton said:

3rd rd pick or picks in next years draft. 

This team has so many holes on offense that I'm not willing to have only one pick within the first three rounds. We need more picks, not less. And if we mortgage future picks we lose a round of value.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm not going to pretend I watch his tape but according to PFF he has been pretty decent throughout his career:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/garett-bolles/11775?season=2017

I'm not saying he's Jonathan Ogden, but if the price is reasonable, he should solidify the position. 

What are we trading? We have no 2nd rounder. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I hear there’s some studs at DT. 

(not even joking, would love them if we didn’t suck donkey balls on offense)

I’m not even kidding I want this to happen just to experience JetNation 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What top QB is falling to 10 though?  

Combine and pre draft evaluations tend to shoot guys up. Maye and Williams seem to be locks at this point to be top 5 guys. Daniel’s possibly 5-10 range. Penix, nix, McCarthy all have a shot to shoot up as well. It’s the qb position, teams go up every year to get players higher than most expected.

22 minutes ago, Barton said:

Best hope for the Jets is 4 or more QBs go in the top 9. 

Very possible but either way this idea that we can’t get a impactful player is crazy.  I mean even the most cynical Jet fan would have to admit we’ve had good fortune picking at 10 before 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Very possible but either way this idea that we can’t get a impactful player is crazy.  I mean even the most cynical Jet fan would have to admit we’ve had good fortune picking at 10 before 

Would be better if some QBs fall. Would be nice to have some legit trade down options. Not having a second rounder hurts.