Bills Fire OC

JetsFanatic

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

So Dorsey threw all those picks?

You are under the impression that the OC's only job is to call plays. It is also to coach and help the players during the week. Allen regressed under Dorsey, so yes, indirectly Dorsey is responsible for those picks.

I like that the Bills feel that 5-5 is unacceptable. Meanwhile, our HC is taking a victory lap and telling us how we've embarrassed every QB we've played because we got to 3-3.

Similarly, in 2016, they sacked Rex after just 2 years because they wanted more than 8-8 seasons (Rex's worse season in Buffalo was still better than anything Saleh has done here). Whilst they sacked Rex, we went 5-11 but kept Todd Bowles, despite it being obvious he was in over his head. The next year, they went to the Playoffs and, predictably, we went 5-11. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/14/2023 at 11:25 AM, Warfish said:

Other teams try to improve.  

We don't.

What?

We replaced our entire offensive coaching staff, and signed Aaron Rodgers to run the offense.  How the hell is that not "trying to improve?"

Has the fan base just reached the point of making sh*t up and pulling sh*t out of their ass?

• Upvote 1
  • En Fuego 1

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

We replaced our entire offensive coaching staff, and signed Aaron Rodgers to run the offense.  How the hell is that not "trying to improve?"

That was a long shot risk, and blew up in their faces badly, but yes, it was an attempt to improve.  It's failure should be reflected in the GM's contract extension evaluation this offseason.

With that said, the comment you quoted was specially related to sticking with Zach, as opposed to trying to do better than being worst in the league.

Has the fan base just reached the point of making sh*t up and pulling sh*t out of their ass?

You homers sure do get aggressively angry, and often, for such a supposedly 'optimistic' lot.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

That was a long shot risk, and blew up in their faces badly, but yes, it was an attempt to improve.  It's failure should be reflected in the GM's contract extension evaluation this offseason.

With that said, the comment you quoted was specially related to sticking with Zach, as opposed to trying to do better than being worst in the league.

You homers sure do get aggressively angry, and often, for such a supposedly 'optimistic' lot.

Nothing blew up in their faces, and it wasn't a long shot, there was no failure, trying to insinuate Douglas failed because Rodgers got hurt is a complete bullsh*t take.

The team evaluated every single FA QB before committing to going after Rodgers, NONE of which are doing anything for their respective teams. Starting with the top two, Garapolo and Carr, how are they doing?

Rodgers got hurt, sh*t happens, it's horrible, it sucks, all of it. There is risk with any FA signing, but it wasn't as if Rodgers was coming off of an injury, it was his first major career injury.  It's just your sad pathetic reach to spin it as a "long short risk..." This phrase doesn't even make any damn sense.

Bottom line, you tried to intimate other teams try to improve but the Jets don't. You were clearly wrong, and this take blew up in your face, and I'm still enjoying it!

There is nothing homer about this debate either, just your hyper-sensitive and fragile ego when you get called out for your nonsense!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetsRay said:

Nothing blew up in their faces, and it wasn't a long shot, a complete bullsh*t take.

The team evaluated every single FA QB before committing to going after Rodgers, NONE of which are doing anything for their respective teams. Starting with the top two, Garapolo and Carr, how are they doing?

Rodgers got hurt, sh*t happens, it's horrible, it sucks, all of it, but there was NO risk, Rodgers wasn't coming off of an injury, it was his first major career injury.  It's just your sad pathetic reach to spin it as a "long short risk..." This phrase doesn't even make any damn sense.

Bottom line, you tried to intimate other teams try to improve but the Jets don't. You were clearly wrong, and this take blew up in your face, and I'm still enjoying it!

There is nothing homer about this debate either, just your hyper-sensitive and fragile ego when you get called out for your nonsense!

Opportunity cost. 

Broderick Jones, because JD drafted a bust in 2021 and kept him on the roster, he made a desperate move to trade for Aaron Rodgers, and traded draft spot with GB. JD drafted Ichabod Crane.

22 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is probably just radio hosts trying to drum up a story but they're saying it's possible the Bills will trade Josh Allen (who has ties to Daboll) to the Giants for their #1 pick (which could be #1 or #2 overall).

you got a better chance of Daboll getting fired and returning to Buffalo as the OC again than that happening.

Nothing blew up in their faces, and it wasn't a long shot, there was no failure, trying to insinuate Douglas failed because Rodgers got hurt is a complete bullsh*t take.

Rodgers got hurt, sh*t happens, it's horrible, it sucks, all of it. There is risk with any FA signing, but it wasn't as if Rodgers was coming off of an injury, it was his first major career injury.  It's just your sad pathetic reach to spin it as a "long short risk..." This phrase doesn't even make any damn sense.

i agree not to blame Douglas for Rodgers injury but right now the Rodgers trade loses over signing Carr.

1. Rodgers hasnt played yet, and Carr has. 

2. Carr has been ok. imagine if we got Carrs 66% comp% 10 tds 4 ints. he has four 300 yd games and four over 100 rate games. we are 4-5 with Zach. Carr is much better than him. we are probably 6-3 right now fighting for the division instead of where we are.

3. No Hackett.

4. we would have drafted Jones with that 2nd rd pick. how nice it would have been to have him at RT.

5. no dead weight like Cobb, Turner, Boyle. i think Lazzard would be here either way. he WAS a decent WR until he played with Zach.

yeah Carr isnt lighting up the NFL but when you consider everything, plus another lost ( 2nd rd ) draft pick next year Carr was the move to make. we didnt need Rodgers. not with this defense. 

39 minutes ago, doitny said:

i agree not to blame Douglas for Rodgers injury but right now the Rodgers trade loses over signing Carr.

2. Carr has been ok. imagine if we got Carrs 66% comp% 10 tds 4 ints. he has four 300 yd games and four over 100 rate games. we are 4-5 with Zach. Carr is much better than him. we are probably 6-3 right now fighting for the division instead of where we are.

3. No Hackett.

4. we would have drafted Jones with that 2nd rd pick. how nice it would have been to have him at RT.

5. no dead weight like Cobb, Turner, Boyle. i think Lazzard would be here either way. he WAS a decent WR until he played with Zach.

yeah Carr isnt lighting up the NFL but when you consider everything, plus another lost ( 2nd rd ) draft pick next year Carr was the move to make. we didnt need Rodgers. not with this defense. 

Carr only had eyes for the Saints even before he was released. 

49 minutes ago, doitny said:

3. No Hackett.

You feel this way before week 1? If not, this is all nonsense. 

12 hours ago, JetsRay said:

And I'd classify your take as textbook homer cognitive dissonance.

Moves and decisions are not successful when they cost tons of cap space, multiple high draft picks, the player plays 4 plays, and then you have the backup (ex 2nd pick starter) play and he is again one of the 2-3 worst starting QB's in the NFL.

That, Ray, is not success. 

So yes, Rodgers going down in 4 plays is "blowing up in their face".

Buying an old (40), injured (thumb), disgruntled (with the Packers), short-term (1-2 seasons) QB for a ton of money and picks is a textbook short-term move long shot to try and save GM and HC jobs.

Being where we are, with who we have at QB, and refusing to try and do better despite years of evidence that Zach sucks, is in fact failure.

And yes, Douglas IS a failure so far, his record since taking over as a GM is the only evidence of that that is required.  A 24-51 record, with the remainder of this season looking grim W/L wise, is not a successful tenure.

Rodgers got hurt, sh*t happens, it's horrible, it sucks, all of it.

But apparently you don't see that as anyones fault or any kind of failure.  In your homer mind, this is what success looks like.

I didn't intimate anything, I outright said it.

As evidenced by other teams making moves when their #1 QB went down, while we stuck with the poopshow that is Zach Wilson, yes, I'm still comfortable with my take that other teams have made real efforts to try and survive injuries, while we didn't, just sticking with same old worst-in-league Zach.

But I'm glad you're enjoying yourself Homer.

.....just your hyper-sensitive and fragile ego when you get called out for your nonsense!

Lol.

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2023 at 9:32 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is probably just radio hosts trying to drum up a story but they're saying it's possible the Bills will trade Josh Allen (who has ties to Daboll) to the Giants for their #1 pick (which could be #1 or #2 overall).

And take an 80 million cap hit for prorated signing bonus?

That'd ruin the franchise, immediate rebuild.   Trade Diggs and anyone else while you are at it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

And I'd classify your take as textbook homer cognitive dissonance.

Moves and decisions are not successful when they cost tons of cap space, multiple high draft picks, the player plays 4 plays, and then you have the backup (ex 2nd pick starter) play and he is again one of the 2-3 worst starting QB's in the NFL.

That, Ray, is not success. 

So yes, Rodgers going down in 4 plays is "blowing up in their face".

Buying an old (40), injured (thumb), disgruntled (with the Packers), short-term (1-2 seasons) QB for a ton of money and picks is a textbook short-term move long shot to try and save GM and HC jobs.

Being where we are, with who we have at QB, and refusing to try and do better despite years of evidence that Zach sucks, is in fact failure.

And yes, Douglas IS a failure so far, his record since taking over as a GM is the only evidence of that that is required.  A 24-51 record, with the remainder of this season looking grim W/L wise, is not a successful tenure.

But apparently you don't see that as anyones fault or any kind of failure.  In your homer mind, this is what success looks like.

I didn't intimate anything, I outright said it.

As evidenced by other teams making moves when their #1 QB went down, while we stuck with the poopshow that is Zach Wilson, yes, I'm still comfortable with my take that other teams have made real efforts to try and survive injuries, while we didn't, just sticking with same old worst-in-league Zach.

But I'm glad you're enjoying yourself Homer.

Lol.

Your homer police charade is old and stale, time to find a new hobby, it's loser talk!

Nobody gives a sh*t about cap space, and Rodgers in the deal gave back $35 million, it was a steal. We actually improve on the draft pick compensation because of the injury, so a little bit of a silver lining.

The story of Douglas is more than just W/L's, any normal person with a brain realizes that.  A healthy Rodgers and this team is probably 6-3 and maybe even 7-2, we all know it, the Jets have been in every game and have lost several in excruciating fashion.

As for the bullsh*t criticism of Zach Wilson and the team sticking with Wilson, the argument is flawed, the SOJF wants to blame the front office for not having a back up plan for the back up. The plan was to reset with Wilson, give him a year or two behind Rodgers and continue to develop him. There is NO QB that was available that had starting experience and would have provided solid QB play that would have wanted to sign to sit behind Rodgers. There is NONE, this is just a pathetic take spun up by Jets fans in an effort to pretend they are smarter than the people who do this for a living. Now we will see how the Bengals "screwed up" I guess because they don't have a back up plan for Burrow?  It's just silly fan mouthbreathing!

Zach has actually been improved this year despite being thrust into the line-up, obviously he has a long way to go, but the problems on offense are not just him, dropped passes, the OL injuries have been massive, penalties, and a new offense and coaching staff that has had to figure out who they have in Zach, that is not something that just happens with the snap of a finger.

I'm enjoying exposing your pathetic takes and ignorance. Nobody is happy with the last two weeks especially, I thought at 4-3 we made a turn, that Zach made a turn. Choosing not to waste energy blaming coaches, players, wanting to fire this guy, cut that player when it's obvious Saleh and the staff will all be back when Rodgers is healthy next year doesn't make me a homer, it makes me a realist. I'll leave the mouth breathing to people like yourself that think they know better, when they don't!

24 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Your homer police charade is old and stale, time to find a new hobby, it's loser talk!

Nobody gives a sh*t about cap space, and Rodgers in the deal gave back $35 million, it was a steal. We actually improve on the draft pick compensation because of the injury, so a little bit of a silver lining.

The story of Douglas is more than just W/L's, any normal person with a brain realizes that.  A healthy Rodgers and this team is probably 6-3 and maybe even 7-2, we all know it, the Jets have been in every game and have lost several in excruciating fashion.

As for the bullsh*t criticism of Zach Wilson and the team sticking with Wilson, the argument is flawed, the SOJF wants to blame the front office for not having a back up plan for the back up. The plan was to reset with Wilson, give him a year or two behind Rodgers and continue to develop him. There is NO QB that was available that had starting experience and would have provided solid QB play that would have wanted to sign to sit behind Rodgers. There is NONE, this is just a pathetic take spun up by Jets fans in an effort to pretend they are smarter than the people who do this for a living. Now we will see how the Bengals "screwed up" I guess because they don't have a back up plan for Burrow?  It's just silly fan mouthbreathing!

Zach has actually been improved this year despite being thrust into the line-up, obviously he has a long way to go, but the problems on offense are not just him, dropped passes, the OL injuries have been massive, penalties, and a new offense and coaching staff that has had to figure out who they have in Zach, that is not something that just happens with the snap of a finger.

I'm enjoying exposing your pathetic takes and ignorance. Nobody is happy with the last two weeks especially, I thought at 4-3 we made a turn, that Zach made a turn. Choosing not to waste energy blaming coaches, players, wanting to fire this guy, cut that player when it's obvious Saleh and the staff will all be back when Rodgers is healthy next year doesn't make me a homer, it makes me a realist. I'll leave the mouth breathing to people like yourself that think they know better, when they don't!

To be fair, they were never in the Cowboys game and won a few (at least as many as they lost) in excruciating fashion.

• Upvote 1

So many words to ignore and excuse a 24-51 record headed to an even worse one by year end.

Not a single winning season even.

24-51.  4 plays.  sh*t offense and worst in league QB'ing, same as always. 

Another sh*t draft with no contributors, and fewer and fewer previous draft guys contributing too as these JAG's (like Carter) wash out, apart from the Wilson/Sauce/Hall trio his entire career seems to now rest on.

When all that changes, maybe my view of JD will change. 

Your usual utterly uncritical, loves-every-move-and-every-player Homer manifestos and woulda, coulda, shoulda fantasies don't move the needle Ray, never have, never will.  

End of the day, you ARE what your record says you are.  Homer rationalization doesn't change cold hard results.

22 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Carr only had eyes for the Saints even before he was released. 

21 hours ago, doitny said:

we will never know because we never offered him a contract

I thiught Carr literally said that he waited to sign with the Saints until the Jets told him to go ahead because they were going with Rodgers.  

• Upvote 2

On 11/14/2023 at 3:07 PM, extmenace said:

Been telling my bills buddy for a while now that josh Allen is missing something. He isn’t clutch and really only plays well if he has a good first quarter. If he starts off slow, he generally struggles the entire game. his biggest problem is that he isn’t willing to take the 4-5 yard play. He try’s to get it all way to often. It’s why he has struggled vs the jets D. We don’t give up the big plays and that’s all he is ever looking for. Dorsey can be the fall guy but if Allen wants to be more than just a great fantasy football qb, he needs to be the qb that is willing to dink and dunk if that’s what it takes to win games. 

Not sure I agree with this. Ints are overrated. Everyone is so obsessed with them. They are very situational they are not good no doubt but explosive plays Android TDs far outpace having few Interceptions. A 20/15 qb wins more games than a 10/2 qb

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I thiught Carr literally said that he waited to sign with the Saints until the Jets told him to go ahead because they were going with Rodgers.  

yeah thats how im remembering it. i think the other guy was thinking of his news conference after signing with the Saints. 

you know those guys are always like....this was my 1st choice, its a childhood dream to play here...and all that BS.

8 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He had a 56% completion percentage in college.  Everyone saw this coming

?? He's been an established elite QB in the NFL for multiple years now. People may have seen this coming 3 years ago, but multiple years of being a top 5 QB changes things. I think people don't realize how much coaches influence the performance of a QB.