You draft Brock Bowers

HessStation

I dunno.  Obviously the OL sucks but we absolutely need more weapons.  Watching Tua against us yesterday, it seemed like 90% of his passes were balls he was throwing as soon as he received the snap.  We had no chance to pressure him.  Quick slants or these little pre-snap motion plays where he gets the ball to his receiver with a running start.  I do think a good QB who has at least a couple of legitimate weapons would alleviate a lot of the OL concerns.  I think a guy like Rodgers could walk to the line, see the way a defense is positioned, and immediately know where he's going to go with the ball.  

That said, yeah I still take Alt over a weapon at this point if he's there.  If he's not though, I 100% take Nabers or Bowers over the RT prospects.  Not even a question in my mind.  

• Upvote 1

Go OT or WR. If Joe Alt or the Penn State guy is there - you take them. If neither are there and either Harrison Jr or Nabers is there - you take them. If bowers drops and none of those 4 there - you trade back, or maybe they take their QB of future, get rid of Wilson and let rookie sit behind rodgers for a season

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Duh, but they never listen to us, Hess.  We'd be so good if we were the GM's.  Sooooo damn gooood.

I think a lot of fans here if the only job was to be good at drafting the first 4 rounds would be great GMs. But there is so much more responsibility than that

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Duh, but they never listen to us, Hess.  We'd be so good if we were the GM's.  Sooooo damn gooood.

Instead of running the team to multiple championships we’re stuck here talking with Green Ghost type people. It’s ludicrous. Fml. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Jif bro we are lock step usually.

How can you justify taking Bowers over any of the WR’s if your deciding between those 2 positions?

Or any of the OT’s?

Or sh*t if Daniels falls to us **** Rodgers run to the podium.

Bowers is a toy no team needs he is a luxury like Kyle Pitts you don’t draft guys like him top 10 EVER!

18 hours ago, HessStation said:

Instead of running the team to multiple championships we’re stuck here talking with Green Ghost type people. It’s ludicrous. Fml. 

I’d have to over rule the Bowers pick.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Jif bro we are lock step usually.

How can you justify taking Bowers over any of the WR’s if your deciding between those 2 positions?

Or any of the OT’s?

Or sh*t if Daniels falls to us **** Rodgers run to the podium.

Bowers is a toy no team needs he is a luxury like Kyle Pitts you don’t draft guys like him top 10 EVER!

I'm operating under the impression Daniels and Harrison Jr. arent there...who are you suggesting is a better pick than Bowers if those 2 arent there?

Just now, JustInFudge said:

I'm operating under the impression Daniels and Harrison Jr. arent there...who are you suggesting is a better pick than Bowers if those 2 arent there?

I’m probably in the minority here like usual.

I’d draft Adonai Mitchell first.

Most would want Nabors I’m cool with that as well.  Others may want the kid from Washington Oduze I think his name is but I don’t know much about him.

With Douglas and Saleh still here I’d bet a lot of money we take either OL which I’m cool with, or a stupid luxury defensive player again unfortunately which I’m not cool with.

14 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I’m probably in the minority here like usual.

I’d draft Adonai Mitchell first.

Most would want Nabors I’m cool with that as well.  Others may want the kid from Washington Oduze I think his name is but I don’t know much about him.

With Douglas and Saleh still here I’d bet a lot of money we take either OL which I’m cool with, or a stupid luxury defensive player again unfortunately which I’m not cool with.

I think there is a massive drop off after Harrison Jr at the WR position.  And I dont think the difference between the names you mentioned and some mid round prospect is far off enough for me to IMO reach for WR.  For me, the only WR I'd even consider in the top 10 would be Nabers.  Oduze?  Meh.  Not at 10.  Mitchell?  I dont even get why his name comes up at all to be honest. I doubt he is even a first round pick.  First off, he's a one year wonder who left the best program in the national to play in the Big 12.   He has 3 games in his entire career, w/ over 5 catches.  He's not particularly strong, he's not explosive, he doesnt run good routes and he doesnt separate.  He's a big slot guy, jump ball, facing the QB WR.  I dont know what he can even do at the next level because he's not someone you can ask to get open on the outside.  To say you'd take him over Bowers, honestly, is utter insanity but you've got a weird hatred for Bowers and not sure why but I'll respect our differences.

Here is where I'm at w/ it.  You can take one of these "maybe" WR's at 10...roll the dice and hope they dont suck but probably will never live up that draft position.  Or you take the sure fire future HOF'er in Bowers and then look to the mid rounds for guys like Johnny Wilson, Ricky Pearsall, or even better, take Mitchell's team, Xavier Worthy.  He's going to be the fastest player in the draft and has 3 years of production vs. one and is way more exciting of a prospect IMO.   Or **** it, give me the son of Jerry ******* Rice.  lol

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

I think there is a massive drop off after Harrison Jr at the WR position.  And I dont think the difference between the names you mentioned and some mid round prospect is far off enough for me to IMO reach for WR.  For me, the only WR I'd even consider in the top 10 would be Nabers.  Oduze?  Meh.  Not at 10.  Mitchell?  I dont even get why his name comes up at all to be honest. I doubt he is even a first round pick.  First off, he's a one year wonder who left the best program in the national to play in the Big 12.   He has 3 games in his entire career, w/ over 5 catches.  He's not particularly strong, he's not explosive, he doesnt run good routes and he doesnt separate.  He's a big slot guy, jump ball, facing the QB WR.  I dont know what he can even do at the next level because he's not someone you can ask to get open on the outside.  To say you'd take him over Bowers, honestly, is utter insanity but you've got a weird hatred for Bowers and not sure why but I'll respect our differences.

Here is where I'm at w/ it.  You can take one of these "maybe" WR's at 10...roll the dice and hope they dont suck but probably will never live up that draft position.  Or you take the sure fire future HOF'er in Bowers and then look to the mid rounds for guys like Johnny Wilson, Ricky Pearsall, or even better, take Mitchell's team, Xavier Worthy.  He's going to be the fastest player in the draft and has 3 years of production vs. one and is way more exciting of a prospect IMO.   Or **** it, give me the son of Jerry ******* Rice.  lol

Something about Mitchell everyone is missing.

He reminds me of the LSU guys who don’t get the ball then become stars at the NFL level.

Kid can levitate for those jump balls.

Like I said though if it’s him you can trade back recoup the 2nd.

And yes huge drop from Harrison.  But I’d say that would be the case in most draft years if Harrison was in it.

He should go #1 period.

Bowers is a luxury we don’t need and nobody needs.  Kyle Pitts is not a game changer hell Kelce isn’t anymore and wouldn’t have been without Mahomes, won’t be popular opinion I know but that’s what I believe.

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

To be fair in terms of the drop off after Harrison Jr., I think he's the best WR prospect to come into the draft in more than a decade and there'd be a comparable or larger drop off after him in probably all but one of the last twelve drafts. Probably a bigger drop off in more than half of them.

31 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Something about Mitchell everyone is missing.

He reminds me of the LSU guys who don’t get the ball then become stars at the NFL level.

Kid can levitate for those jump balls.

Like I said though if it’s him you can trade back recoup the 2nd.

And yes huge drop from Harrison.  But I’d say that would be the case in most draft years if Harrison was in it.

He should go #1 period.

Bowers is a luxury we don’t need and nobody needs.  Kyle Pitts is not a game changer hell Kelce isn’t anymore and wouldn’t have been without Mahomes, won’t be popular opinion I know but that’s what I believe.

Mitchel cant separate.  He's a big slot guy who gets jump balls and can only play facing the QB.  There are 20 of those in this draft.   There is 1 Bowers.

My man, I respect your takes but this is next level dumb sh*t.  Kelce was an all-pro w/ Alex Smith and saying that him at 36  years old isnt what he used to be is, duh wut who gives a **** and what does that have to do w/ a 21 year old kid?  lmfao 

Again, Pitts and Bowers are nothing alike, this a very lazy and awful comparison.  Nothing like each other at all.  And the only time Pitts had basic competent QB play as a rookie, he went for 1,000 yards.  His QB play has been atrocious since so again, using him example is lazy. 

"Nobody needs Bowers"?  I dont even know what this means.  Are you saying he doesnt belong in the NFL, like wtf?  lol 

13 minutes ago, derp said:

To be fair in terms of the drop off after Harrison Jr., I think he's the best WR prospect to come into the draft in more than a decade and there'd be a comparable or larger drop off after him in probably all but one of the last twelve drafts. Probably a bigger drop off in more than half of them.

I dont disagree but my point overall point is...I dont think the difference between, Keon Coleman and his teammate, Johnny Wilson is significant at all.  In fact, I like Wilson better.  Same w/ Mitchell and Worthy.  Hell, I like Ricky Pearsall better then most the "1st round guys".  That's my point.  The drop if is significant after Harrison but the drop from WR2 - WR15 in this draft, isnt significant IMO.

4 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I dont disagree but my point overall point is...I dont think the difference between, Keon Coleman and his teammate, Johnny Wilson is significant at all.  In fact, I like Wilson better.  Same w/ Mitchell and Worthy.  Hell, I like Ricky Pearsall better then most the "1st round guys".  That's my point.  The drop if is significant after Harrison but the drop from WR2 - WR15 in this draft, isnt significant IMO.

I think what underlies your point tends to be true in most draft classes, and I also think that there will be a lot of movement in the WR4-6 area of the draft between now and April. Could be wrong about that but I don't see Coleman going as high as he was talked about after that LSU game, Mitchell I don't think is a first round prospect, etc. 

• Upvote 1