My time has finally come

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I always had a thing for NY based teams and I started watching the NFL when the Jets had the two AFC Championship runs.

NY and a good underdog story sold me, it will probably go down as the worst decision I've made in my entire life.

You deserve all the misery that will come your way for the rest of your otherwise good life. Nobody’s, and I mean nobody at all becomes a Jets fan by choice. Not these days. If they do, they deserve the Jets for not doing their research. Watch paint dry. 

• Haha 4

The NFL in Brazil. Should be a great experience, now to figure out a way to keep the players from going to a Baile funk party in the favelas. 

What a game if it were to be held at Maracana instead! Do you recommend Skol, Brahma, and Antarctica beer? And Brazilian churrasco isn't to be missed. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

You deserve all the misery that will come your way for the rest of your otherwise good life. Nobody’s, and I mean nobody at all becomes a Jets fan by choice. Not these days. If they do, they deserve the Jets for not doing their research. Watch paint dry. 

I mean, I picked the Jets only a few years ago, and that was with relatively extensive knowledge of the NFL. 

I could have chosen the Niners, Ravens, or some other team with repeated success. But what am I then, an bandwagon fan. 

I come from the west coast, and I haven't ever been to the New York area, so I can only hope I am rooting as hard as you long time fans for the Jets to win. I've been to a Jets game, though. Loved it even though they got crushed. Being a Jets fan has helped me grow into a stronger person.

No regerts!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Dam where was that Rio ? Yes it’s gotten lot more dangerous since economy went to sh*tt there, especially after olympics build up. 

yes in rio. this was before the olympics. the favelas are areas that are pretty much self governed. i dont think the police go in there. its run by thugs and druglords. i made a wrong turn and when i realized that i went a block too far i almost lost my schit. pretty country, good music, great food but areas where they will kill you

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

yes in rio. this was before the olympics. the favelas are areas that are pretty much self governed. i dont think the police go in there. its run by thugs and druglords. i made a wrong turn and when i realized that i went a block too far i almost lost my schit. pretty country, good music, great food but areas where they will kill you

Costa Rica, Colombia same. Never made it to Brazil. Didn’t want to bother with visa. Thailand is a poor country , but actually very safe compared to most that are.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Vader said:

this is so much cooler than London or Germany.

Here's what I want to see: 

Winter Game in Russia

The Gulag Bowl....inaugural game will be Iggles vs the faiders....held in some Siberian Gulag that only Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn would know the location. Putin would do the coin toss. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

Cerveja 

Praia

Agua

muito bem

bem vindo

I spent a month in Brazil when I was 22. A week in Florianopolis and three weeks in Rio. Such a gorgeous country. I had so many caipirinhas on the beach every day. 

Crazy! Im actually from Florianópolis, still living here but planning on moving out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

It builds character

3 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Crazy! Im actually from Florianópolis, still living here but planning on moving out.

Florianopolis is sooo beautiful. I’m a beach lover so I was in heaven. Stayed at a hostel in Barra da Lagoa. 

Where are you moving? 

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Lots of pan de quesos and rodizio at the stadium.

no offense man but brasil is dangerous. Yes ive been there a few times. Yes ive seen a dead guy. Yes I feared for my life when I accidentally turned i to a favela with my rental car. 

The nfl is stupid af

But brasil is beautiful and the food and music is very pleasant and its safe if youre not in the big city

Its actually pão de queijo as we don't speak spanish here.

Sorry you had a such bad experiences here, Rio de Janeiro its really a place of its own, makes me feel like sh*t when they're actually the image of Brazil that is spread to the world.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Costa Rica, Colombia same. Never made it to Brazil. Didn’t want to bother with visa. Thailand is a poor country , but actually very safe compared to most that are.

No way hard disagreement. Ive been to columbia once. Costa rica 6 times. Costa rica is as safe as anywhere. Ive bern to brasil a few times. There is no comparison. Idk if you are just lumping central and south america together or what. Costa rica is ridiculously safe and chill. Brasil is violent

in fact in rio on the beach you get a group of 100 thugs from the favelas that swarm the beach beat up and rob the entire beach

its bad

5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Florianopolis is sooo beautiful. I’m a beach lover so I was in heaven. Stayed at a hostel in Barra da Lagoa. 

Where are you moving? 

Im actually studying to become a federal agent, so you never know where are you going to land especially in the early stages of your career, probably country side of Brazil, I'll miss Florianópolis a lot as is considered to be one of the best cities to live in Brazil and from being born here.

3 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Its actually pão de queijo as we don't speak spanish here.

Sorry you had a such bad experiences here, Rio de Janeiro its really a place of its own, makes me feel like sh*t when they're actually the image of Brazil that is spread to the world.

Yes pao.

i know they speaknpotugese. I was married to a brasilian for 9 years. Notice my correct spelling of your country. And i dont mean to bash. Very beautiful and nice ppl for the most part but you know what i mean. There are problems sadly

2 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

The NFL in Brazil. Should be a great experience, now to figure out a way to keep the players from going to a Baile funk party in the favelas. 

What a game if it were to be held at Maracana instead! Do you recommend Skol, Brahma, and Antarctica beer? And Brazilian churrasco isn't to be missed. 

No way a player would ever go to a party in the favelas they're only for the people that live there. Funk parties are well popular and most of them are just for very rich people they cost around 500 USD just to get in. As for the beers I wouldn't recommend any of them that you listed, they're pretty much garbage (lmao), i would stay on drinks like Caipirinha and many others that we've here.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Yes pao.

i know they speaknpotugese. I was married to a brasilian for 9 years. Notice my correct spelling of your country. And i dont mean to bash. Very beautiful and nice ppl for the most part but you know what i mean. There are problems sadly

I'm with you 100%, Rio is a disgrace IMO, one of the most beatiful cities you could ever go but theres a whole narcostate that runs inside the city.

4 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I think bunch of you guys don't know that I'm brazilian but it will be my first game ever.

Rumor is that its a Dolphins game, A-Rod vs Tua make it happen Roger...

I was in Natal to watch the U.S. beat Ghana 2-1 in the 2014 World Cup.  Great match.  Right behind the net for Brooks’ winning header in the 87th or whatever it was.

Also saw Greece and Japan, a horrendous nil-nil snoozer.  Greece had a player sent off with a red early in the match and there was still a complete lack of attacking and entertaining football.  The only thing of interest was that I had no idea how many Japanese live in Brazil.  Obviously, lots..  

Was in Recife for Costa Rica’s 1-0 upset over Italy.  That was cool…

4 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Sorry, I understand the NFL wanting to extend the brand, bad enough teams lose home games going to Europe. Now they want to expand in SA. Home games are important, but I guess money is more important.

Maybe this will coincide with adding the 18th game. 

Before Pete Rozelle became commissioner, the NFL had only local TV contracts and even had different starting times for the games between cities.  When Rozelle took over, he had one motto for the owners, "Think league"  The rest is history.

This is the NFL continuing to "think league".

• Upvote 1