Zach’s “Injury” is a Farce

The dehydration report the team announced was 100% false. 
I’ll go a step further and double down - even if he was concussed, he no longer is at this point. Between the repeated benchings, team having been eliminated, offensive line being atrocious, he and the Jets are done with each other and he won’t play again this season. Douglas wants to preserve any trade value Zach might have so he is ok with this. 
Bring on the thumbs down but I’d bet that this will be proven to be true over the next few weeks. 
Concussion symptoms on average well surpass 1 week. Check the guys put in the protocol for how long the were stuck there they typically miss one game minimum.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

On 12/18/2023 at 6:14 PM, FidelioJet said:

It absolutely affects the team and players...

But in the Jets case, most importantly is ownership.  Woody, more than any owner, of any team I've seen, seems to make decision with PR being the primary motivation and W/L's much further down the road.  Public perception is driven by the fan base and Woody is making decisions based on that.

So the Toxicity from the fan base is making football moves....it's an awful cycle.  

What about the positive fans?  What about the guys like @Maxman who are always optimistic and have attended every home game since the Reagan administration?  What about all the other homer/optimistic posters on the site and fans all over the world?  Does their positivity and support not matter, does their optimism not provide a positive impact?  It's only the "toxic" fans that have a negative impact on the team? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Muppets Agree GIF by ABC Network

Larz, if we presume that Zach Wilson has a concussion, then it’s safe to conclude that he’s pretty injury prone. Guy has missed an average of four games per year with various injuries, and that’s not including college, where he missed a lot of time with shoulder problems. I mean, it’s not surprising considering how small he is, but when you add that to the stack of problems with Wilson, it makes him an even more pathetic draft pick. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Larz, if we presume that Zach Wilson has a concussion, then it’s safe to conclude that he’s pretty injury prone. Guy has missed an average of four games per year with various injuries, and that’s not including college, where he missed a lot of time with shoulder problems. I mean, it’s not surprising considering how small he is, but when you add that to the stack of problems with Wilson, it makes him an even more pathetic draft pick. 

Your hero, Mike White, is much more sturdy.  Lol.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

What about the positive fans?  What about the guys like @Maxman who are always optimistic and have attended every home game since the Reagan administration?  What about all the other homer/optimistic posters on the site and fans all over the world?  Does their positivity and support not matter, does their optimism not provide a positive impact?  It's only the "toxic" fans that have a negative impact on the team? 

I never once said there wasn't a reason for the toxicity.   If people choose to attack a 21 year old kid's family, mother, religion, falsely attack his character and much more - all because he hasn't been good at Football - I can understand why their frustration has led to such actions.  I think Woody Johnson is surely up there as one of the worst owners in all of sports and deserving of all the ridicule and scorn he receives.

All I said was the Jets have the most toxic fans base in all of sports.  The reasoning for that Toxicy doesn't change the fact that it's true.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Was Joe Burrow, Matt Stafford, Herbert, Tua, CJ Stroudt, Watson and any of the other 16 NFL QBs bad draft picks because they were injury prone.  How about Mike White?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I never once said there wasn't a reason for the toxicity.   If people choose to attack a 21 year old kid's family, mother, religion, falsely attack his character and much more - all because he hasn't been good at Football - I can understand why their frustration has led to such actions.  I think Woody Johnson is surely up there as one of the worst owners in all of sports and deserving of all the ridicule and scorn he receives.

All I said was the Jets have the most toxic fans base in all of sports.  The reasoning for that Toxicy doesn't change the fact that it's true.

His family is a major part of the problem.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I hate hearing about the Jets fanbase being the most toxic. This is THE most toxic team in all of sports by a landslide and fans have a right to slaughter this disgusting team. There is no team/organization more deserving of it. **** them. 

Watch how “toxic” the Pats fan base becomes if they don’t make the playoffs for 2 more years.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So you admit that he didn’t fake dehydration.  

• Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's not what I asked you.  I asked, what about the positive, dedicated and optimistic fans, why does their positivity not benefit the team?  Why is it only the negative fans have an impact?  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

That's not what I asked you.  I asked, what about the positive, dedicated and optimistic fans, why does their positivity not benefit the team?  Why is it only the negative fans have an impact?  

The toxicity doesn’t matter. @Maxman’s positivity alone outweighs all of the justified negativity so it balances out. He’s our filter. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

The Eagles and Philly, have been on a pretty good run over the last decade.

Hands down, Philly has the most toxic fanbase in the world...why do their teams not regularly suck? 

Counterpoint to this is that Jets fan toxicity impacts the team because Woody Johnson is a ******* idiot who pays attention to and responds to that toxicity. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Chicken and egg.

Do you think if Zach had been a very good QB, that the fan base would still have been so “toxic” or critical?

Cause. Effect.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Counterpoint to this is that Jets fan toxicity impacts the team because Woody Johnson is a ******* idiot who pays attention to and responds to that toxicity. 

That’s the only relevant argument to be made in regards to the relationship between fan behavior and team performance.

Everything else is just childish whining by Fido, as usual.

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m entirely unconvinced that Woody in any way is following the collective will of the majority of our fan base.

ie he’s not listening.

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I’m entirely unconvinced that Woody in any way is following the collective will of the majority of our fan base.

ie he’s not listening.

That’s always been the reporting on him since he’s been here. Collision Low Crossers hammered it pretty hard, too iirc

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

If you want to tell me the Jets have a very loyal fan base, I will agree.  And if there are players that appreciate that - absolutely and does that positivity help them? Sure.  Doesn't change the level of toxicity though.