Saleh: "If he attacks the offseason in the way Jermaine attacked his offseason, Will McDonald is gonna be a superstar in this league"

slimjasi

1 hour ago, hmhertz said:

The Pencil's speed and leaping ability were not what they were purported to be

4.7 to JJ 4.58 weighing 15 lbs less

good 3-cone is the thing i look at for edge.. and SS 10 split... kid is twitchy enough

lets see what they do with huff, that will show if they really believe it

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Good for him. It got him a nice contract here. He’s set for life.

That might be the last time him and Von Miller are mentioned together ever again though 😉

I mean, maybe the guy is a total bust. Just pointing out that 1) elite athleticism is important to football success and 2) this guy was extremely productive as well.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, maybe the guy is a total bust. Just pointing out that 1) elite athleticism is important to football success and 2) this guy was extremely productive as well.

I get what you’re saying. I’d have had no problem with taking a guy like him in the 3rd round, but this year has already proven he wasn’t ready to produce like a 1st round pick. He simply wasn’t the right guy for us to use that pick on.

He might end up being a decent player, and I won’t root against him but nobody will ever convince me a 24yo edge who needs a year or two to develop was the right pick there for the Jets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Your insulting 3rd round picks everywhere by comparing them to McDuck. 😂
Can you imagine the jokes that would be made here if the Fish, Bills or Pats 1st round pick couldn’t get on the field? 
Do you think we’d be talking about his “bending” or car leaping ability? We’d be dying laughing at the absolute bust they drafted.
Best case scenario this kid is going to be a 25yo project next year, rotated in only because of his draft status. Nothing more.

JSN was the pick once Belichek screwed us out of the OL.

Me, @Beerfish and @Maynard13 nailed this from day one.

Like those who defended the Becton pick.   JD is a fraud, on the same level as McCagnon, except he hid it better.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Saleh sounds like Rex at times. He can’t just say “we’re excited about Will’s future”. Nope, he’s going to be a “superstar”. 

That’s what woody likes. Rah rah guys that are over paid cheerleaders. Bob might as well put the cheerleader skirt on and wear Pom poms.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Oh jeez, it's a good thing he's our head coach then!!!!!

He's responsible for both sides of the ball. 

This is like buying a hatchback and wondering why it can't tow a trailer 

Saleh is a cheap defensive coach he's not Andy Reid nor is he paid like that 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is like buying a hatchback and wondering why it can't tow a trailer 

Saleh is a cheap defensive coach he's not Andy Reid nor is he paid like that 

Mmmmmmk 

No idea what this means - there’s one Andy Reid.

Our head coach is still responsible for the offense, regardless of how cheap he is. He wasn’t hired to coach the defense, he was hired to coach the team 

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Coach Saleh…. “Right now he’s not very good but If McDonald comes back a completely different player than the one we took in the 1st round this year, he’ll be terrific.”

They have a pass rush now. So let’s talk about something that’s not a really pressing concern and ignore the problems at hand.

Bob is as sharp as a marble

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It says something that JD’s Dline picks were poor as rookies, and needed/need to put in a huge amount of work just to be a stage in their second seasons.

Even if Rodgers doesn’t suck at 40 returning from an Achilles rip, he’ll have a layer of paper mache in front of him instead of an NFL offensive line 

What a disaster

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2023 at 12:31 PM, section314 said:

I think he’s saying that McDonald has way more talent and ability and if he works as hard as Johnson then the sky is the limit.

" if he doesn't succeed its his own fault and not mine for way over drafting him  " 

robert saleh  mr teflon

r

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Mmmmmmk 

No idea what this means - there’s one Andy Reid.

Our head coach is still responsible for the offense, regardless of how cheap he is. He wasn’t hired to coach the defense, he was hired to coach the team 

Parcells said it best the GM buys the groceries and the coach cooks the meal 

The Jets have spoiled goods at qb and ol there's not really much a coach can do in this spot. There's not even a backup with upside, Saleh had to ride with Zach 

The day after Saleh gets fired he gets a job on a defensive staff. 

Joe Douglas might never work again 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

It says something that JD’s Dline picks were poor as rookies, and needed/need to put in a huge amount of work just to be a stage in their second seasons.

It's reasonable to expect a rookie to hit a wall 

They don't get an offseason between draft prep and minicamp 

What's unreasonable is when a player never gets much better in 3 years like Zach and Becton 

Or when a player is just completely worthless like mims and Zuniga 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Actually, what Parcells said is that the coach ought to be able to pick some of the groceries, since you expect him to cook the meal.

The Jets have spoiled goods at qb and ol there's not really much a coach can do in this spot. There's not even a backup with upside, Saleh had to ride with Zach 

The day after Saleh gets fired he gets a job on a defensive staff. 

you’re making my point for me - Saleh is a fine defensive coordinator, he’s just not a head coach. A lot of good coordinators are not cut out to run an entire team.

Bad coaches routinely get second chances. Bad GMs usually do not. 

26 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

you’re making my point for me - Saleh is a fine defensive coordinator, he’s just not a head coach. A lot of good coordinators are not cut out to run an entire team.

He's fine to run the team there are alot of defense coordinator Hcs

he just needs a decent OC qb combo 

Right now he's got neither 

• Upvote 1