the Jets are the Kings of useless wins

Dcat

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kinda does matter when Manning went 1 and Leaf 2.  One or 2 more losses and the Chargers would have gotten Manning and the Colts Leaf, no?

You can play this game a thousand different ways. Allen and Jackson went after Darnold, that happens more times than the Manning and Leaf scenario. It doesn’t matter no matter how badly people want to pretend it does. Projecting college players success in the nfl is the shakiest science around.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What about trade down options?  The higher you pick, the more likely it is someone will want to trade up for your pick and give you further picks.  

And what is the "crapshoot" range?  5 picks lower?  So picking #1 overall vs picking #6 overall?  Remember when we had to trade 3 #2's to trade up for Darnold?  Or 2 #3's to trade up for AVT?

Exactly this 

Trade value is indisputably higher with a pick closer to #1 overall

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, extmenace said:

They won this week. They regrouped. The staff is staying. Need to keep the players bought in. We need to be aggressive in free agency, Can’t force players to sign here. Need to show something or we’ll get rejected by everyone. Plenty of teams that are good that are never in the top 10. I get it, the high pick is great but we’ve been picking inside the top 10 most years. Still a losing franchise. 

Defense is a draw.  Would love to see them make a push for Chris Jones.  Can not double both Jones and Williams, and interior line push makes opportunities for every other player.  

Rodgers will draw offensive talent.  Hall, Wilson, Rodgers with a beefed up oline.

Jets could be a destination.

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Too bad this team doesn't win when it counts.  That is what truly matters. This meaningless win has the sad byproduct of giving us a much lower draft pick. Same thing every year.  Tired of it.  Win when it counts dammit. 

You play to win....period.

THAT SAID.  The most Jetsiest of wins.  The WORST defense gives up 27 points to the worst offense.  Then, the top ten defense gives up a 20-point lead to the second-worst offense, while the worst defense stymies the worst offensive.  Then, on the last play of the game, you kick a 54-yard field goal to win to lower your chances of drafting a franchise LT for next year. 

5 minutes ago, hawk said:

Defense is a draw.  Would love to see them make a push for Chris Jones.  Can not double both Jones and Williams, and interior line push makes opportunities for every other player.  

It ain't happening.  We have $16 million in cap space and have to sign Quincy Williams and a starting LT and RT.  

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Pats are winning right now and if they beat the jets the jets would have been higher than them in the draft.

This will end up being a very costly win for the jets.....as usual....as always

Of course

The Jets can’t even lose when they’re supposed to

Anytime (other than week 1 miracle) a game actually means something and the fanbase is amped up, Bobby Sh-t’s team lays an egg:

Jags last year

Seattle last year

Every winnable game that was lost this season

17 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

You can play this game a thousand different ways. Allen and Jackson went after Darnold, that happens more times than the Manning and Leaf scenario. It doesn’t matter no matter how badly people want to pretend it does. Projecting college players success in the nfl is the shakiest science around.

And yet….the data demonstrates the higher the pick, the higher the hit rate.

Even that numbskull Macc hit on a # 3 overall with the Quinnen pick.  And if we hadn’t won a meaningless game that year, we’d have done even better by landing Nick Bosa.

Tanking works in this league.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even that numbskull Macc hit on a # 3 overall with the Quinnen pick.  And if we hadn’t won a meaningless game that year, we’d have done even better by landing Nick Bosa.

Yes the Jaguars fans definitely felt that way today.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I’ll say whatever I want , and you can diss me whenever you want.  All I know is I’m having celebratory dinner for today’s victory over the Commie’s . I will toast you and the tankers.

I’m happy for you.  Woody is happy you treat wins like these like playoff victories, too.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

You play to win....period.

THAT SAID.  The most Jetsiest of wins.  The WORST defense gives up 27 points to the worst offense.  Then, the top ten defense gives up a 20-point lead to the second-worst offense, while the worst defense stymies the worst offensive.  Then, on the last play of the game, you kick a 54-yard field goal to win to lower your chances of drafting a franchise LT for next year. 

We drafted a franchise LT at 11 in 2020. His name was Becton. 

No gurantee any of these guys are going to be rockstars. It’s all a crapshoot. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Arsis said:

If the Jets tanked properly they would have had the 3rd pick. It's a shame they'll end up picking like 13th. Went from being able to drop 2 spots and still getting our guy and picking up some picks to reaching for the 5th best tackle.

It’s an enormous drop and some here are celebrating it.

Disgusting.  

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It does? The Jets picked 2 in 2021….4 and 10 in 2022 and 15 in 23

And they are 6-9

Not so sure how much tanking helps. Yea it doesn’t….

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

11 overall.  Exactly.  We could have been picking top 5.  Does it guarantee us a franchise LT?  No.  Does it give us a shot at one?  Absolutely.  Now we’re gonna be choosing between the 3rd best RT or a defensive player.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Absolutely!! They act like the draft is an exact science. We got Mangold with the 29th pick in the first round.

• Thumb Down 3

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What if winning helps the commanders leap the patriots in the draft?

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Absolutely!! They act like the draft is an exact science. We got Mangold with the 29th pick in the first round.

He was a f**kin Center, lol.  We’re talking about a franchise LT or highly impactful stud WR here.  Far different story.

And if you want to play that game, we also drafted Kyle Wilson and Calvin Pryor in the back half of the 1st, so….

It seems like the higher the Jets draft the worse they do.  I've come to believe it's almost meaningless where they pick.

They've whiffed on three Quarterbacks in the Top 5 in just the last 15 years.  They've done better getting guys like Revis, AVT, and Nick Mangold later in Round 1 than they took Vernon Gholston, Mekhi Becton, etc.

It's not about where they pick, it's about who they pick. Jordan Addison, Sam Laporta, etc. were sitting right there at 15.  I don't know.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We don’t tank properly, is the issue.  Trevor Lawrence ain’t all he’s cracked up to be but he’d have been damn sure a far better pick than Zach Wilson, and we missed out on him thanks to, you guessed it, meaningless December wins.  

You didn’t address my point. Now the 2nd pick isn’t enough for you? Lol

You sound nonsensical at this point. The jets have had high draft picks for a decade and they are in the largest playoff drought in history. The Steelers never pick in the top 15 and never worse then 8-8 lol.

Its about a winning culture and having competent scouting and coaching. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, jetstream23 said:

It seems like the higher the Jets draft the worse they do.  I've come to believe it's almost meaningless where they pick.

They've whiffed on three Quarterbacks in the Top 5 in just the last 15 years.  They've done better getting guys like Revis, AVT, and Nick Mangold later in Round 1 than they took Vernon Gholston, Mekhi Becton, etc.

It's not about where they pick, it's about who they pick. Jordan Addison, Sam Laporta, etc. were sitting right there at 15.  I don't know.

Our only useful pick of the Mike Maccagnan era was a # 3 overall on Quinnen.

Sauce and Garrett Wilson came from top 10 picks.

Come on now.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

11 overall.  Exactly.  We could have been picking top 5.  Does it guarantee us a franchise LT?  No.  Does it give us a shot at one?  Absolutely.  Now we’re gonna be choosing between the 3rd best RT or a defensive player.  

I wish we could spend a day or a weekend together. You need hugs

• Haha 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Yes jets fan. Let’s go 0-16 every year. That will solve you draft fetish

In a lost season no wins are good.  Nearly all of our seasons lately have been lost seasons.  I wasn’t rooting for losses this year till our playoff chances were next to nil.

• Post of the Week 2