With the season drawing to a close how disappointed are you?

CSNY

9 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Saleh is only good at 2 things and that is far short of what is required from a HC:

1. cheerleading

2. finding a very good DC

That is it!

Saleh is a very good DC. He brought his system here and has helped JD find teh players he wants running it.  All these HC's specialize in either offense or defense so it's just a matter of your GM finding a balance for both sides and finding your alter coordinator.  The '86 Bears are a perfect examlple. Ditka ran the offense, Ryan ran the defense. Neither crossed the other's path. 

• Sympathy 1

I was always highly skeptical Rodgers was going to “work out” but I’ll say the non competitive deflating stretch of Zach Wilson football was tough to take. The biggest positive of getting Rodgers was always “at least he’s not Zach Wilson” which went away four snaps in because Douglas failed to roster a real backup QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Saleh is not the problem. The offense is the problem or lack of it. Saleh is a defensive minded coach and we have a top 10 D, which with any decent offense to go with it , would probably be top 5.  

The problem is that the Scouting/Pro Personnel Department that JD oversees is completely broken and inept.  They give the coaches bad players.  That is why we had to sign AR8 in the first place, and they could not come up with the tape evidence to tell AR8 to stick it when is asked for his friend.  They just took his word for it. 

This is not just JD-this is 20 guys who are not good at their jobs. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Saleh is a very good DC. He brought his system here and has helped JD find teh players he wants running it.  All these HC's specialize in either offense or defense so it's just a matter of your GM finding a balance for both sides and finding your alter coordinator.  The '86 Bears are a perfect examlple. Ditka ran the offense, Ryan ran teh defense. Neither crossed teh other's path. 

This is completely true.  

But Saleh is the HC.  He needs to set up meetings with JD, Scouts and OC to make sure they have a coherent plan and are getting the players they need. 

When you think about it, if the Jets were running an SF/Shanahan offense, neither Elijah Moore or even Garrett Wilson was the right fit for it.  They want guys like Samuel and Aiyuk.  

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

The problem is that the Scouting/Pro Personnel Department that JD oversees is completely broken and inept.  They give the coaches bad players.  That is why we had to sign AR8 in the first place, and they could not come up with the tape evidence to tell AR8 to stick it when is asked for his friend.  They just took his word for it. 

This is not just JD-this is 20 guys who are not good at their jobs. 

Disagree with this as there is a lot of talent on this team that is what makes this season so dam disappointing. 

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is completely true.  

But Saleh is the HC.  He needs to set up meetings with JD, Scouts and OC to make sure they have a coherent plan and are getting the players they need. 

When you think about it, if the Jets were running an SF/Shanahan offense, neither Elijah Moore or even Garrett Wilson was the right fit for it.  They want guys like Samuel and Aiyuk.  

JD tried to get Samuel but couldnt. I dont really blame Saleh much.  I hold JD more responsible for this mess. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CSNY said:

For me this season was one of the worst. 
The talent assembled on this team for the season brought a genuine sense that the team would go far in the playoffs 
A season that started out with so much hope and potential to come crashing down within the first dam four offensive plays was just hard to take. 
Being only a mere tyke of 11 years old when Joe guaranteed the win and now 65 I thought for sure the football gods would smile down on us long suffering fans, that this was the year. 
I still think Keep this team intact as best they can , get some reliable talent on the o line along with a really solid #2 WR this team can go far in the 2024 season 

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night 

I've been a Jets fan all my life, I'm use to the disappointment, by the time they get it right I'll be pushing up daisies. Next year might be a little bit better, but I have my doubts. Don't get your hopes up because there is no light in this abyss.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Disappointed? 
When Rodgers went down on the 4th offensive play of the season the group text for our FF league blew up with people laughing at it. My response was pretty aggressive and violent (admittedly unreasonably) which resulted in me not only being booted from the league I've been in for the last 25 years but losing a couple of long time good friends. 
The next week there was an incident at the sports bar I watch a lot of the games at. A debate over Rodgers' legacy led to a heated argument, and before I knew it, I was part of an all-out brawl. End result? I'm now permanently banned from my favorite spot and so I watched the rest of the season from my couch.
Amidst all this, I was pretty depressed and tried to find some humor in my misfortune, so I started a blog. It was therapeutic until it wasn't - my employer didn't find it as funny. Yep, you guessed it. I got fired for airing my grievances a little too publicly. 
And just when I thought things couldn't get worse, my story became the highlight of a local comedian's stand-up routine. This probably sounds like a joke right now and I wish it was, but it is not. Now, I'm not just the talk of my social circle but also a viral joke on social media. Fame really isn't all it's cracked up to be, huh?
So, how disappointed am I? Let's just say if disappointment was an Olympic sport, I'd be bringing home the gold. Here's to hoping the next season is kinder to all of us, both on and off the field.

One thing for certain, this crap show was not worth any of that. Even thought your passion is very commendable.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

After 55 years of this, I’m numb to it all. So sad, as I just watch the games now with very little enjoyment. The Jets are my team and I am too damn old to change now.
I will say I would have preferred Derek Carr over Rogers and this whole show that has come with him. I also believe it would have allowed our not too smart owner to get rid of this lost coaching staff. I swear after all these years and two different owners, it seems the Jets get very few things right .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Go all the way back w you... Hess didn't get it right either... Lost cause wasted time from my life ... Couples enjoyable seasons .. repeatedly witnessing dumbass after dumbass moves.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Disappointed? 
When Rodgers went down on the 4th offensive play of the season the group text for our FF league blew up with people laughing at it. My response was pretty aggressive and violent (admittedly unreasonably) which resulted in me not only being booted from the league I've been in for the last 25 years but losing a couple of long time good friends. 
The next week there was an incident at the sports bar I watch a lot of the games at. A debate over Rodgers' legacy led to a heated argument, and before I knew it, I was part of an all-out brawl. End result? I'm now permanently banned from my favorite spot and so I watched the rest of the season from my couch.
Amidst all this, I was pretty depressed and tried to find some humor in my misfortune, so I started a blog. It was therapeutic until it wasn't - my employer didn't find it as funny. Yep, you guessed it. I got fired for airing my grievances a little too publicly. 
And just when I thought things couldn't get worse, my story became the highlight of a local comedian's stand-up routine. This probably sounds like a joke right now and I wish it was, but it is not. Now, I'm not just the talk of my social circle but also a viral joke on social media. Fame really isn't all it's cracked up to be, huh?
So, how disappointed am I? Let's just say if disappointment was an Olympic sport, I'd be bringing home the gold. Here's to hoping the next season is kinder to all of us, both on and off the field.

Alcohol is better than losing friends over this sh*t storm.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Disappointed? 

Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

• Post of the Week 2

55 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The worst part is that they’re not going to draft a qb and they’re going to sign some old slow veteran to back up rodgers and we’re going to suffer through a season of these guys getting hurt and then we’re starting from qb scratch again in 2025

exactly

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

As a Mets fan, remembering the preseason hype about them and their rotation led by Scherzer and Verlander, my expectations were tempered when thinking about a season with a 40yo QB.

I took under 9 1/2 wins before the season began, but not in my wildest dreams did I think Rodgers wouldn’t last one offensive series. 4 plays was a cruel reminder that like with the Mets, things just never work out for this team. Most of that is self inflicted, but a lot of it seems predestined.

funny how both wound up in the world series.  The Mets and the Jets.  All because I was a kid growing up in Queens probably.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Fidelio Bitonti said:

Pretty good but you let out the parts about a home, rental property, retirement funds, a german suv and really good health insurance 

Congrats I'll visit you in the nursing home and you can tell me all about it. You'll need someone to talk to since boomers don't get many visitors in nursing homes... Wonder why.

9 hours ago, CSNY said:

The talent assembled on this team for the season brought a genuine sense that the team would go far in the playoffs 
A season that started out with so much hope and potential to come crashing down within the first dam four offensive plays was just hard to take. 
Being only a mere tyke of 11 years old when Joe guaranteed the win and now 65 I thought for sure the football gods would smile down on us long suffering fans, that this was the year. 
I still think Keep this team intact as best they can , get some reliable talent on the o line along with a really solid #2 WR this team can go far in the 2024 season 

Disappointed but unlike most I hated the Rodgers move with a fiery passion and actually expected this team under Saleh to go 5-12 so I guess we are a little better. People I do not think seem to realize how royally screwed we are for the forseeable future.

10 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Congrats I'll visit you in the nursing home and you can tell me all about it. You'll need someone to talk to since boomers don't get many visitors in nursing homes... Wonder why.

Ahhhh pappi boy, good one. 

Let me know if you guys figure out some kind of immortality drug. I would trade one of my rentals.

Otherwise I predict some whippersnapper, perhaps not yet even born yet, posting the same thing to YOU in 30 years lol

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This season stunk.  Very disappointing.  We see teams like Cleveland in a similar situation able to overcome.  You'd think, by luck, things would go right for us once in a rare while.

That said, it's not as bad as Gase's final year when it was Flacco handing off to Gore.  That team felt bereft of talent.  Then again, the fact that this team has talent but still can't win is what makes it painful.

The other thing that's disappointing is that we're going to run it back with the same group.  I already fear next year is going to be a disaster that we should've seen coming.  And that's true even if we go like 10-7 or something.  AR8 is here to try to win a SB, not to get us a 1st round playoff exit.  

This was far worse than 2020 for me.  In ‘20 I could just laugh at the ineptitude.  This season was a waste of a solid defense and 2 awesome playmakers.  Just dismal.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, CSNY said:

Extremely disappointed. And not just because of the Rodgers early injury.  This season is tragic for a variety of reasons.  It confirmed without any doubt that Saleh is an incomplete head coach and often clueless in his leadership role.  In no way is he worthy of a return and anyone who hopes he miraculously becomes a strategic planner and leader of men should expect to be disappointed.  Last couple of months Saleh has been a cross between a meathead and a dickhead. Meanwhile I still don't know who was behind Zach Wilson to the point of dodging spending any money on a viable backup for Rodgers. JD and probably Woody sealed the Jets fans fate when they consciously and deliberately elected NOT to bring in a viable backup.  It didn't make sense then and it it still doesn't.  I'm almost to the point of believing that there must be some type of insidious Jet Blue-like, @bitonti motive behind letting the team forfeit its season with Zach Wilson as the backup.  We learned that either JD is still fixated on his f'king draft bust pick at #2 a few years ago and he just won't let go or Woody has his grubby little hand up JD's big arse and calling the shots.  Hey... with the trade up to #3, the 49ers wasted even more draft capital on Lance than JD did on Zach.  Yet they accept their mistake and make the trade and move on.  JD?  Nope.  EIther he's a f'ing mule or he's following orders from our dumb-ass owner.  I wish we knew the truth there.  Disappointed?  I'd say.  This team's owner, GM, HC took Jets fans and bent them over just like that new avatar floating around displays.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Extremely disappointed. And not just because of the Rodgers early injury.  This season is tragic for a variety of reasons.  It confirmed without any doubt that Saleh is an incomplete head coach and often clueless in his leadership role.  In no way is he worthy of a return and anyone who hopes he miraculously becomes a strategic planner and leader of men should expect to be disappointed.  Last couple of months Saleh has been a cross between a meathead and a dickhead. Meanwhile I still don't know who was behind Zach Wilson to the point of dodging spending any money on a viable backup for Rodgers. JD and probably Woody sealed the Jets fans fate when they consciously and deliberately elected NOT to bring in a viable backup.  It didn't make sense then and it it still doesn't.  I'm almost to the point of believing that there must be some type of insidious Jet Blue-like, @bitonti motive behind letting the team forfeit its season with Zach Wilson as the backup.  We learned that either JD is still fixated on his f'king draft bust pick at #2 a few years ago and he just won't let go or Woody has his grubby little hand up JD's big arse and calling the shots.  Hey... with the trade up to #3, the 49ers wasted even more draft capital on Lance than JD did on Zach.  Yet they accept their mistake and make the trade and move on.  JD?  Nope.  EIther he's a f'ing mule or he's following orders from our dumb-ass owner.  I wish we knew the truth there.  Disappointed?  I'd say.  This team's owner, GM, HC took Jets fans and bent them over just like that new avatar floating around displays.

Don't forget to vote for everyone on the roster for probowl.

• Haha 2