Garrett Wilson unloading on the Jets in his end of season media session

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

He ranked #22 in receiving yards, #15 in receptions, and he's outside the top 75 in TDs.  Perhaps we have different definitions of "elite," but Wilson is far from it.

There are plenty of examples of wide receivers in bad offenses with bad quarterbacks putting up better numbers.  This year and in years past.

Hmm.  If only there was a legitimate reason outside of Garrett's internal abilities/performance for why he was "only" 22nd in receiving yards.  If only.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

Yeah, and you don't get the label of "elite" and "star" if you are not in the top 10 in any major receiving category.  Regardless of QB or OC.

That's just the way it works.

Like I said, plenty of examples of wide receivers who put up better numbers in bad offenses with bad quarterbacks.

Show your work.  Name them.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Show your work.  Name them.  

From this past season?

DJ Moore, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Michael Pittman, Davante Adams, George Pickens, and DeAndre Hopkins to start.  All had more receiving yards and TDs than Wilson.  All played in bottom half or bottom third offenses with inconsistent and/or poor quarterback play.

27 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

From this past season?

DJ Moore, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Michael Pittman, Davante Adams, George Pickens, and DeAndre Hopkins to start.  All had more receiving yards and TDs than Wilson.  All played in bottom half or bottom third offenses with inconsistent and/or poor quarterback play.

You should quit while you're behind. Your takes are silly. 

sh*tting on Wilson is the ultimate dumb Jets fan take ever. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

sh*tting on Wilson is the ultimate dumb Jets fan take ever. 

I would disagree with you that saying Wilson has not earned the "elite" and "star" labels to date is "sh*tting on him."  He still has much to prove.  There are areas of his game that can be cleaned up.

With the Jets history at the position, saying he can be a decent #1 with competent quarterback play isn't a bad thing.  He's had some costly drops this season.  He's had some ball security issues as well.  If you want to ignore these negatives, have at it.  But in my book, he's not elite or a star, at least not yet.  Look around the league, there is tough competition out there.

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Have to wonder if his complaints mean a more aggressive pursuit of backup qbs.  

We absolutely have to do everything we can to get Jake Browning on the team next year.

IMG_2522.jpg

image.png.fe8b161beff88d99d5c727cd096c7a90.png

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

None of those WRs were as hamstrung as GW. Not a single one. 

I would argue DeAndre Hopkins comes pretty damn close, but I never claimed these wide receivers were more hamstrung.

The statement was "there are plenty of examples of wide receivers who put up better numbers in bad offenses with bad quarterbacks."  I was asked to provide a list, and did just that.  Year in and year out, there are plenty of wide receivers who put up good production in bad offenses with bad quarterbacks.  This isn't something unique to Wilson.

39 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

From this past season?

Mayfield, Fields, Watson/Flacco, Tannehill/Levis, Minshew >>>> the dreck the Jets put at QB.  So at best you have 2 names on that list that are legitimate.  2.   

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Mayfield, Fields, Watson/Flacco, Tannehill/Levis, Minshew >>>> the dreck the Jets put at QB.  So at best you have 2 names on that list that are legitimate.  2.   

And as mentioned earlier, I didn't claim their situations were worse.  Simply that wide receivers put up good/better numbers in bad offenses with bad quarterbacks pretty often.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree that putting up decent numbers with a bad quarterback doesn't automatically make you elite or a star.  It happens fairly regularly.  There is a ton of competition out there to get that elite label.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

OMG, Don't he even realize we are 1-0 this year? 

not only that but we beat the patriots when they were a shell of their former selves.....in a blizzard when they were playing a back up qb, had no receivers, and a washed up rb. man that win FELT GOOD!!!! saleh is a f*ckin idiot!!!!

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

not only that but we beat the patriots when they were a shell of their former selves.....in a blizzard when they were playing a back up qb, had no receivers, and a washed up rb. man that win FELT GOOD!!!! saleh is a f*ckin idiot!!!!

Plus, uhhh, well, pretty sure, they were trying to not win too. LOL

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We 100% need to bring in a consultant or assistant HC on the offensive side of the ball to be the adult in the room. Their is a lot of evidence that the staff we have is clueless about offense.

Not just clueless, but disinterested 

2 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

And as mentioned earlier, I didn't claim their situations were worse.  Simply that wide receivers put up good/better numbers in bad offenses with bad quarterbacks pretty often.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree that putting up decent numbers with a bad quarterback doesn't automatically make you elite or a star.  It happens fairly regularly.  There is a ton of competition out there to get that elite label.

Literally nobody is agreeing with you. When that happens, it's time to reevaluate your position. 

Just saying.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It's very likely that both Rodgers and Hackett aren't here in 2 years....and it's looking like Wilson won't be either if this keeps up.  He'll try to shoot his way out of town like Moore did.

he is gone no matter what.

when Rodgers is done we are going with a drafted QB in GW contract year. he isnt going to want to sit through that again after playing with Zach. plus he is going to want Adams and Hill money. i cant see us given 30 mil to a WR who we have no body to throw it to him.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Oh my

I appreciate the sentiment, but never give it to the press.  Say it behind closed doors.  

Always say the right things to the right audience.

Any one a business man/woman ???

To a customer/patron... Business is always TREMENDOUS.  Say it with zeal. 

To a competitor in the organization... "I am doing the best I can considering".  Put them to sleep.  

To a boss/VP: "Business has been good, but I have a few new ideas/methods that are going to bring in more."  Say it with cold, deliberate professionalism.

never, Never, EVER criticize the organization to the market/customers/competitors. If you need to be critical to a superior/boss, due it behind closed doors and make it in the form of suggestions.  If you are ready to jump ship if change does not occur, imply it, but never threaten like a twit.

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I appreciate the sentiment, but never give it to the press.  Say it behind closed doors.  

Always say the right things to the right audience.

Any one a business man/woman ???

To a customer/patron... Business is always TREMENDOUS.  Say it with zeal. 

To a competitor in the organization... "I am doing the best I can considering".  Put them to sleep.  

To a boss/VP: "Business has been good, but I have a few new ideas/methods that are going to bring in more."  Say it with cold, deliberate professionalism.

never, Never, EVER criticize the organization to the market/customers/competitors. If you need to be critical to a superior/boss, due it behind closed doors and make it in the form of suggestions.  If you are ready to jump ship if change does not occur, imply it, but never threaten like a twit.

These are early 20s athletes paid millions to catch a ball for a living, dude.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

These are early 20s athletes paid millions to catch a ball for a living, dude.

All the more reason for them to take advice/coaching from more experienced people on what to say and what not to say.  Especially when the media is watching. As far as making millions.  Do you know any Wall Street execs ? Any level of income or type of work should not be an excuse for a lack of wisdom. 

Just now, THE BARON said:

All the more reason for them to take advice/coaching from more experienced people on what to say and what not to say.  Especially when the media is watching. As far as making millions.  Do you know any Wall Street execs ? 

I’m saying your advice is good for serious professions.  Not for pro athletes.  Athletes say what they want and it doesn’t matter much because they’re both the product AND the employees.  Your advice doesn’t work for them.  

Anyone commenting on Wilson based on a few curated tweets is dumb. His PC is on YouTube. Take 6 minutes of your time on the sh*tter and watch it.

He starts by saying "I need to be better... I want to be better... I, I, I..."

Then he just answers questions. Geez. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m saying your advice is good for serious professions.  Not for pro athletes.  Athletes say what they want and it doesn’t matter much because they’re both the product AND the employees.  Your advice doesn’t work for them.  

True some of them never care to polish up... 

Right, because they have little incentive to.  

There’s more incentive to not be “polished” and to cause disruptions. It’s been proven to help get laid or force your way out of a bad situation. It’s actually encouraged and the correct thing to do in the NFL from a player’s standpoint.

• Upvote 1

Right, because they have little incentive to.  

I suppose some of them think about their "legacy" or how another prospective team will view them for their next contract.  Consider how most in here think about Jamal Adams...  

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

There’s more incentive to not be “polished” and to cause disruptions. It’s been proven to help get laid or force your way out of a bad situation. It’s actually encouraged and the correct thing to do in the NFL from a player’s standpoint.

Not exactly true.  Plenty of class organizations will pass up on a talent if he is a malcontent. 

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Regular Season Sport GIF by NBA

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Haha! Great autocorrect. I’m not editing it but you know what I mean haha. 

• Haha 1