Pete Carroll Out

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

In a hiring cycle that has Pete Carrol, Bill Belichick, Jim Harbaugh, and Mike Vrabel available we’re sitting here saying “nah we’re good with 60%”

Only woody could be this STUPID !!!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

IMG_6121.thumb.jpeg.aa9f153d4f3f5c8f49e1201343b030c4.jpeg

winning record in 11 out of 14 seasons and is out. Meanwhile saleh and jd have no winning seasons in 5 years and won’t be shown the door. lol

I believe he was our HC for the Marino fake spike game, which my dads car died on our way to go see when I was a kid. 

he installed basketball hoops at Hofstra and played with the players. Had energy. I was bummed when he was abruptly fired. Another what if in Jets lore. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’ll never forget it. My head almost exploded. 

I was at a Super Bowl party with friends and clients (it's great having a legitimate excuse to start drinking at 10am) that year. One of the guests was a Seahawks fan. He was so pissed when the play was a slant to the receiver rather than a Lynch rush. Couldn't blame him.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

IMG_6121.thumb.jpeg.aa9f153d4f3f5c8f49e1201343b030c4.jpeg

winning record in 11 out of 14 seasons and is out. Meanwhile saleh and jd have no winning seasons in 5 years and won’t be shown the door. lol

Best 20 Pete Carroll Memes After His Bone-Headed Decision to Throw Away ...

This will always make me laugh, until I'm reminded it handed the Pats another Lombardi. 

• Haha 4

One of the reasons that Saleh wasn't fired (at least it has been mentioned here multiple times) was because "what HC worth his salt is going to want to come here when our GM is on the hot seat?"

Pete Carroll would.

On 1/11/2024 at 5:35 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I look forward to the day the Jets can tell a SB winning HC to hit the bricks and the guy is hanging on for dear life, pleading to be able to stay…

I'd LOVE to hear a reporter ask..  "Pete... still remember the fake spike???"

I liked PC as our coach and thought HESS did him wrong.

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I'd LOVE to hear a reporter ask..  "Pete... still remember the fake spike???"

I liked PC as our coach and thought HESS did him wrong.

Pete Carroll seems like a good dude (loved his recent press conference after he was fired) and he ended up being an excellent HC.  Even though I though Hess fired him too quickly, I remember thinking we dodged a bullet after he kind of stunk when he was with the Pats .  He obviously had a huge career resurgence with USC and then Seattle though.  But I kind of think he needed to go through the various stages of his career to end up being a success.  I don't think he would've just become good had he only stayed with the NYJ.  And I'd still greatly prefer him to Robert Saleh and I'm convinced he'd take the job too, even though JD could easily be fired after this coming year.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Pete Carroll seems like a good dude (loved his recent press conference after he was fired) and he ended up being an excellent HC.  Even though I though Hess fired him too quickly, I remember thinking we dodged a bullet after he kind of stunk when he was with the Pats .  He obviously had a huge career resurgence with USC and then Seattle though.  But I kind of think he needed to go through the various stages of his career to end up being a success.  I don't think he would've just become good had he only stayed with the NYJ.  And I'd still greatly prefer him to Robert Saleh and I'm convinced he'd take the job too, even though JD could easily be fired after this coming year.

He’s the best coach in the nfl.  Won a Super Bowl.  Even made Geno look good  

Ofcourse Woody won’t hire him

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He should be coaching the jets 

I would love this and actually think if Saleh can’t win enough to come back in 2025….this is the exact coach Rodgers would want to go all in on in 2025 and if he plays 2026

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He’s the best coach in the nfl.  Won a Super Bowl.  Even made Geno look good  

Ofcourse Woody won’t hire him

If Saleh is fired after next season I think Woody has to make a splash that suits Rodgers’ good vibes, man the defense coach. Saleh is a poor homeless man’s Carroll. Don’t forget that Saleh learned from Carroll.

I could definitely see us going after him if next year doesn’t meet expectations and they try to sneak in their closing Super Bowl window. 

• Upvote 1

If we accept as a given that Woody doesn't want to fire Saleh (or Nate Hackett) because of AR8, here's another option:

-Fire Jeff Ulbrich as DC and replace him with Pete Carroll.  (I can't imagine AR8 cares about who the DC is.)

-If Saleh svcks again next year, fire him midseason and replace him with Pete Carroll.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If Saleh is fired after next season I think Woody has to make a splash that suits Rodgers’ good vibes, man the defense coach. Saleh is a poor homeless man’s Carroll. Don’t forget that Saleh learned from Carroll.

I could definitely see us going after him if next year doesn’t meet expectations and they try to sneak in their closing Super Bowl window. 

If Saleh is getting fired it’s because Aaron got injured again and/or retired.  We have to be prepared to move on from Aaron and tbh I think it’s 50/50 he retires this coming summer.  The guy is a flake 

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

If Saleh is getting fired it’s because Aaron got injured again and/or retired.  We have to be prepared to move on from Aaron and tbh I think it’s 50/50 he retires this coming summer.  The guy is a flake 

Not necessarily. I could see him getting fired if we make the playoffs and get bounced early honestly. I expect the D will lose some talent to help support the offense rebuild efforts, and the D to fall off production wise.

Woody is expecting conference championship + Super Bowl type run. I think he will feel urgency to get a coach who can get them over the hump before Rodgers retires.