~~~Sunday NFL Playoff Football Games~~~ 01/14

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

<Siri take a note>

As a reminder for the 37th consecutive draft cycle, I will ignore 40 times when guessing which wide receivers will be good

You will disregard this come the combine, as we all will.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Isn't Nacua from BYU ?

The jets scouts didn't see him when they were sniffing Zack Wilson butt?

LOL

Similar deal with CJ Stroud when they were all over scouting GW.

If they owned #2 overall last year, it’s a stone cold lock they still roll with ZW to protect JD’s delusions.

As much as I was pining for a good playoff game, I've realized it just makes me even more aware of what a terrible team it is we all root for.
The Jets Suck .. and it's not debatable

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Teams with GMs that have a clue WTF they are looking at when they scout WRs:

Amon-Ra 4th round

Nacua 5th round

Jets:

Denzel Mims 2nd round

Elijah Moore 2nd round

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

To be fair when teams draft a WR during day 3 they aren't expecting an elite WR. They had no idea what they were looking at and stumbled on gems.

The Jets, however, did something much worse. They vastly overestimated the skill of the WRs they drafted.

• Upvote 3

Nacua is a better player than Garrett Wilson.

Right now, he’s better than Kupp, Davante, Mike Evans, Tee Higgins and all guys fans are dreaming of adding as a WR2 this offseason.

It doesn’t matter how high you pick in the draft if you have no clue WTF you are looking at.

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

They had no idea what they were looking at and stumbled on gems.

I don’t buy this one bit.

Of course they weren’t expecting this level of greatness.

But the bottom line is they identified the talent correctly and pulled the trigger.

If it were purely a guessing game, the Jets wouldn’t be this pathetic in the draft over the last 50 years.

Over time, things would even out.

The Jets consistently suck at drafting, whereas good franchises consistently draft well.

• Upvote 3

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t buy this.

Of course they weren’t expecting this level of greatness.

But the bottom line is they identified the talent correctly and pulled the trigger.

Oh, they identified talent. If they didn't they wouldn't have been drafted. I just think if they thought either of those WRs were WR1 or even WR2 talents they would have pulled the trigger earlier. I'd bet they saw the players as WR3 talents, with a hope of them maybe becoming WR2 one day. Otherwise they wouldn't have waited.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Nacua is a better player than Garrett Wilson.

If you put Nacua on the Nate Hackett/Zach Wilson Jets he probably ends up on the practice squad. You put Garrett Wilson in the McVay/Stafford offense and he’s getting MVP votes

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

If you put Nacua on the Nate Hackett/Zach Wilson Jets he probably ends up on the practice squad. You put Garrett Wilson in the McVay/Stafford offense and he’s getting MVP votes

Having a bad QB doesn't mean a great WR looks terrible, as evidenced by GW. Having a good QB leads to great WRs looking elite and playing to their full potential. Nacua would look the same on the Jets as GW, maybe a little worse. GW would be getting OPOY talk on the Rams.

• Upvote 1