OT: Moving

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

If anyone wants to buy my house in Middletown NJ, you can live in the JetNation server room. Prestigious stuff!

I heard  it was on the list of historical places in New Jersey

• Haha 2

We are basically flipping this house in a three week period and somehow we are pulling it off. Sheet rock is staying and that is about it. New doors, appliances, floors, everything painted etc.

About one week away from moving in. The 20 yard dumpster out front wasn't big enough. Going to need a bigger boat.

• Upvote 2

Contractor is done. Floor gets installed tomorrow. They have to level the concrete slab in a bunch of spots. Hoping they get done by Friday. Then we will move in Saturday!

Time to finish packing!

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Congratulations. No Jets green stripe on the wall, though?

No, I will have enough Jets memorabilia in there, that will do it.  :)

Met the next door neighbors. Very nice young couple, expecting their first child soon. He is a die-hard Jets fan. So cool. Go Jets!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

No, I will have enough Jets memorabilia in there, that will do it. 

Met the next door neighbors. Very nice young couple, expecting their first child soon. He is a die-hard Jets fan. So cool. Go Jets!!!
Nice Max! ... Tell him no crying or bitching allowed ... Especially on draft night !

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Alright moving day is here. Insane day, Floor guys finished at 2pm. Had the contractor in there touching up paint and putting everything in the bathroom. It all had to be removed for the new floors. So we said screw it and bought all new stuff. Appliances came at 4pm, minus a stove that is on back order apparently.

The cool thing is there are no moldings between rooms, so Lauren can get everywhere in the wheelchair pretty easily. That is such a big change and will improve the quality of life.

It makes all the madness worth it. The house came out really nice, we are very happy!

Anyhow, thanks everyone for listening to all my rambles about this process.

Thank you Jetnation, thank you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/28/2024 at 11:34 PM, Maxman said:

Don’t forget to pack your jets lamp carefully. It’s VERY FRAGILE! 

good luck!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Alright moving day is here. Insane day, Floor guys finished at 2pm. Had the contractor in there touching up paint and putting everything in the bathroom. It all had to be removed for the new floors. So we said screw it and bought all new stuff. Appliances came at 4pm, minus a stove that is on back order apparently.

The cool thing is there are no moldings between rooms, so Lauren can get everywhere in the wheelchair pretty easily. That is such a big change and will improve the quality of life.

It makes all the madness worth it. The house came out really nice, we are very happy!

Anyhow, thanks everyone for listening to all my rambles about this process.

Congrats and may your new home be filled with love, happiness and laughter.

All the best to Lauren.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, BP said:

Don’t forget to pack your jets lamp carefully. It’s VERY FRAGILE! 

good luck!

It's funny you mention it. The new office has no overhead light. I have to get an electrician to put in a ceiling fan that we bought. So in the meantime that jet lamp is the only thing I currently have LOL

• Haha 2

Your a special guy max

With all the things you have going on your concern is the quality of life for your wife

i said this to you earlier that you are that guy

May God continue to bless you and your family

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

It's funny you mention it. The new office has no overhead light. I have to get an electrician to put in a ceiling fan that we bought. So in the meantime that jet lamp is the only thing I currently have LOL

That’s probably the greatest gift anybody has ever given you. Thanks to my buddy Lauren @JetFanByMarriage who would be my consultant on secret Santa. YOU EXCEEDED THE BUDGET BP!!!!!

On 2/28/2024 at 11:34 PM, Maxman said:

That's a good sign!   Now I'm expecting 8 wins next year!!!