Jeff Ulbrich Head Coach Of National Team At The Senior Bowl

Statement from New York Jets Defensive Coordinator Jeff Ulbrich:

I’m extremely honored to be chosen as one of the head coaches for the Senior Bowl. This game has featured some of the greatest players in NFL history and remains as one of the highest honors that can be given to a college football player. It also has consistently given under-the-radar players from big and small school schools alike an opportunity to compete against the best. Compete in a venue with the guidance of NFL coaches and get unrivaled exposure to every NFL team. This game is also a critical part of my story. I played in the 2000 Senior Bowl and went from a potentially undrafted rookie to a third-round pick, which is actually pretty common throughout the history of this storied game. Again, I’m honored and excited about helping and guiding the newest class of NFL players through this amazing week. Can’t wait to see everyone in Mobile.”

Statement from New York Jets Head Coach Robert Saleh on Jeff Ulbrich:

“Jeff Ulbrich is a true leader that consistently shows the ability to connect with players and get the most out of them. His work as both a player and a coach in the NFL makes him ready for this experience, and I know he will serve as a tremendous asset to everyone he engages with in Mobile. Our organization has first-hand experience working with the tremendous people at the Senior Bowl and we are grateful they have identified Jeff for this. It will give people a look at the great work we see from him every day at our facility.”

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I guess Ulbrich is probably the most competent person on our CS so that's good.  But considering we badly need offense, I don't know how much this helps.  

Seriously. Same ol. 

57 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I guess Ulbrich is probably the most competent person on our CS so that's good.  But considering we badly need offense, I don't know how much this helps.  

Patrick Graham Raiders Dc coached at the senior bowl , and you can see what the offense players are doing in practice, ( Wr Tre Tucker was drafted off what Graham saw at senior bowl in third round).    That is a nice advantage for a member of your team coaching staff to be coaching in that game.( see kids mental makeup and his work ethic . 

• Upvote 3

Ron Middleton seemed to get some good insight on prospects when he coached the Senior Bowl.

He got to have a good look at Ruckert and Jermaine Johnson, both of whom ended up as Jets picks that year.

• Upvote 3

I'm actually surprised he isn't getting looks as a HC.

That being said... happy we have a coach there. But does kind of suck that it's s defensive coach when we literally should use every draft pick and dime we have only on offense.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm actually surprised he isn't getting looks as a HC.

That being said... happy we have a coach there. But does kind of suck that it's s defensive coach when we literally should use every draft pick and dime we have only on offense.

Could he really be any worse at evaluating offensive talent than JD or the Jet scouts? It’s fine.

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This is always a plus getting an extra close look at these guys.  We can find a steal in the 2nd round!......oh.....wait.....

The Jets have two 4th round picks. THATS where you find your gem. 

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

This is a good thing, I think.  Two guys I'd be eyeing after the first are going to be there, both from Texas:  T'Vondre Sweat and Byron Murphy.  It's unlikely either will be there with our 3rd but we should at least be in trade up range to go grab one.  Either one could step right in day one and fill that hole next to Quinnen.  I think it's a lock we go offense in the 1st, but we should 100% be looking for one of these high-end DTs after that.  I don't agree with this "we have to use every pick on offense" strategy.  

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

Statement from New York Jets Defensive Coordinator Jeff Ulbrich:

I’m extremely honored to be chosen as one of the head coaches for the Senior Bowl. This game has featured some of the greatest players in NFL history and remains as one of the highest honors that can be given to a college football player. It also has consistently given under-the-radar players from big and small school schools alike an opportunity to compete against the best. Compete in a venue with the guidance of NFL coaches and get unrivaled exposure to every NFL team. This game is also a critical part of my story. I played in the 2000 Senior Bowl and went from a potentially undrafted rookie to a third-round pick, which is actually pretty common throughout the history of this storied game. Again, I’m honored and excited about helping and guiding the newest class of NFL players through this amazing week. Can’t wait to see everyone in Mobile.”

Statement from New York Jets Head Coach Robert Saleh on Jeff Ulbrich:

“Jeff Ulbrich is a true leader that consistently shows the ability to connect with players and get the most out of them. His work as both a player and a coach in the NFL makes him ready for this experience, and I know he will serve as a tremendous asset to everyone he engages with in Mobile. Our organization has first-hand experience working with the tremendous people at the Senior Bowl and we are grateful they have identified Jeff for this. It will give people a look at the great work we see from him every day at our facility.”

This is good. Ulbrich has been doing a good job and being the head coach of an even an all star team will give him some hc experience.  He’ll be ready to take over from saleh when he gets launched as soon as game six.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He'll still get to see who beats his guys most consistently - and try to dig more into who they are, and relay any standouts to the scouting staff for further evaluation. If he also finds an LB to be picked in later rounds for development, that doesn't hurt, either.

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Google Glass Snapchat Glasses GIF by Product Hunt

Google Glasses with a direct connect to our GM.... Aaron Rodgers! He can choose the OT or WR