Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I wouldn’t trust anything Beningo says if you paid me to do so, but I will admit hearing that for a second time makes me pause a bit.  When it comes to that, it’s becomes a “I haven’t heard a damn thing about that” when discussing it with my guy(s) and I know they’re in the building.

Given the other tall tales they have created, it wouldn’t shock me if the source for that is Beningo himself since, while I know most of this came from a recently fired coach, Russini and Rosenblatt claim to have spoken to more than one person.

Yea, I was wondering if they got that tidbit from Beningo himself or even just from hearing him say it on the radio. 

Either way, it seems like a very specific and random thing for Beningo to just pull out of his *ss.

My guess is that Saleh, who feels like more and more of a phony with every passing day, was doing exactly this. He talks like a winner but I'm afraid he might just be a loser with a loser's mentality and doing that seems to fit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No, not correct at all.

Wilson was a terrible failed pick.   That is on the GM.

The owner GM and coach then utterly panicked and fell in love with the Rodgers move.

They made the team much much worse just to appease Rodgers and now they actually believe that all their moves were good and they just got unlucky with the injury.

Anyone that pins the bad play of Zach Wilson as the reason this team is badly flawed is letting the three amigos totally off the hook.

They made every single choice to do with QB of this team.

Wilson stinks, he should have been gone before this year as they had decided he stinks then.

Ummmmm, that basically what I said and who let anyone off the hook?  lol  I didnt even address that, I just restated the situation to include the fact the #2 overall pick failed in epic fashion, hurt the rebuild and probably led to the panic desperation move for Rodgers.

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, oatmeal said:
Classic Optimistic Jets fan = blame the fans who see through the BS 
DUDE THIS IS A PERENNIAL LOSING ORG, WE HAVE LOSING, THE OFFSEASON AND DRAMA THATS IT!!!
You dudes who type like yourself act as if we have the legacy of the Cowboys, 9ers, Steelers !!!

AGAIN THIS IS A LOSING ORGANIZATION WTF ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO????

Root for another team, that's what. I think it's nuts to continue to root for a team that brings you nothing but unhappiness.

You can’t help who or what you fall in love with sometimes, unfortunately 😢

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Counter point; drafting Zach Wilson totally destroyed a promising rebuilding team and Rodgers was a desperate corrective measure. 

This. But retaining Zach after last years disaster, and quitting on the field against the Jaguars, still doesn’t add up. 

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

The Athletic has great content, but I'm not giving this Zack Rosenblatt or Russini the clicks they're looking for. That's not me defending the Jets because I think they've played a massive role in creating a mess of this past season, rather, I just think both Russini and Rosenblatt lack journalistic integrity. They are very petty sensationalists. The reality is the Jets made a decision to hitch their wagon to Aaron Rodgers and the second he went down the season was doomed. They invested too much time, effort, and resources in making it an environment best for him, but not necessarily best for the team without him (re: offensive coaching staff, play-calling, etc.), and they didn't have someone to kind of lead the players/coaching staff on offense the way they hoped (and planned) Rodgers to. 

I haven't read the article, but I have listed to others talk about it and read some of the bullet points. I'm not going to say there is no truth in the article because some of it is obvious or easily discoverable to the average researcher. But based on what happened last time they published a hit-piece - and the reaction the Jets had in light of it - the publishing (and timing) of this article comes down to this: 

1. Russini has had a tough time breaking stories since joining the Athletic. Her biggest story (the Zach Wilson story) was largely fabricated and riddled with falsehoods. She also had it out for Rodgers, dating back to what he said about her while she was at ESPN. There were some coincidences to come out of it (i.e. Zach getting a concussion and seeing his season end), but when the article came out they basically kicked an injured dog while it was down. That pissed off a lot of people, and soured a relationship Russini once had with the Jets. 
  2. Russini, Rosenblatt, and the Athletic were butthurt by the Jets/Saleh response to that story; Rosenblatt's access has been limited and most players/coaches have flatly ignored him since, which was probably orchestrated by Saleh.
  3. Rodgers - who already loathed Russini - added Rosenblatt to his sh*t-list. You're seeing a lot more "media vs. Jets" ever since, and I think your going to see more and more battles/non-compliance between the Jets and the beat writers in the coming months through next season. 
  4. Today is Robert Saleh's birthday... think the timing of this is an accident? 

And for the 4th straight year he gets the best birthday present possible.. to work for a dolt like Woody.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Lot of people spending a lot of words picking the fly sh*t out of the pepper, as my grandmother used to say. The broad strokes of the article are true: the owner's a meddlesome boob, the GM is in witness protection, the coach is hopelessly overmatched, QB1 is a flaky dipsh*t, QB2 is an entitled never-was, and the franchise as a whole is an utter disaster. Does it really matter if Saleh actually threatened to take people's phones or not?

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

We are winning 9 games or less next season, tooooooo much bad karma surrounding this dirty regime.

My optimism will return when these clowns are gone OR PROVE ME WRONG  but I’m not holding my breath on the last one 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I've a problem with this story... They pretty much threw Saleh under the fire making him look like a paranoid fifth grade teacher but theres really close to nothing about the bald fck pretending to be a GM.

Joe Douglas is another Maccagnan. The Jets haven’t had a real GM who carried any cache or power since Tannenbaum

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Translation I do not want to consider this information so I'm going to attack the source 

It's not the journalists fault the Jets are the worst franchise in all professional sport. The jets did that on their own 

Also **** Zach wilson and his dehydration concussion 

FG is also the one telling us not to be surprised when Zach is back on the roster. That I believe lol.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

FG is also the one telling us not to be surprised when Zach is back on the roster. That I believe lol.

The math is simple... no one wants to pay Zach 6 mil to be a number 3 qb or whatever... He's not worth a late round pick... He's not an asset he's a problem 

..of course Zach is coming back 

Nothing about the Zach saga should be a surprise. He got drafted too high for non football reasons and he remains on the team for non football reasons 

• Haha 3

The math is simple... no one wants to pay Zach 6 mil to be a number 3 qb or whatever... He's not worth a late round pick... He's not an asset he's a problem 

Nothing about the Zach saga should be a surprise. He got drafted too high for non football reasons and he remains on the team for non football reasons 

All it takes is one team. Unfortunately Zach has effectively a no trade clause it appears. 

The math is simple... no one wants to pay Zach 6 mil to be a number 3 qb or whatever... He's not worth a lately round pick

If that ever happens then the Jets will field a.team of replacement players.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

All it takes is one team. Unfortunately Zach has effectively a no trade clause it appears. 

If it happens it will be a ridiculous deal like Zach and a 7 for a 6 plus the Jets take a portion of his salary and eat a bunch of dead cap 

At that point it's like why bother trading him at all? 

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, football guy said:

The Athletic has great content, but I'm not giving this Zack Rosenblatt or Russini the clicks they're looking for. That's not me defending the Jets because I think they've played a massive role in creating a mess of this past season, rather, I just think both Russini and Rosenblatt lack journalistic integrity. They are very petty sensationalists. The reality is the Jets made a decision to hitch their wagon to Aaron Rodgers and the second he went down the season was doomed. They invested too much time, effort, and resources in making it an environment best for him, but not necessarily best for the team without him (re: offensive coaching staff, play-calling, etc.), and they didn't have someone to kind of lead the players/coaching staff on offense the way they hoped (and planned) Rodgers to. 

I haven't read the article, but I have listed to others talk about it and read some of the bullet points. I'm not going to say there is no truth in the article because some of it is obvious or easily discoverable to the average researcher. But based on what happened last time they published a hit-piece - and the reaction the Jets had in light of it - the publishing (and timing) of this article comes down to this: 

1. Russini has had a tough time breaking stories since joining the Athletic. Her biggest story (the Zach Wilson story) was largely fabricated and riddled with falsehoods. She also had it out for Rodgers, dating back to what he said about her while she was at ESPN. There were some coincidences to come out of it (i.e. Zach getting a concussion and seeing his season end), but when the article came out they basically kicked an injured dog while it was down. That pissed off a lot of people, and soured a relationship Russini once had with the Jets. 
  2. Russini, Rosenblatt, and the Athletic were butthurt by the Jets/Saleh response to that story; Rosenblatt's access has been limited and most players/coaches have flatly ignored him since, which was probably orchestrated by Saleh.
  3. Rodgers - who already loathed Russini - added Rosenblatt to his sh*t-list. You're seeing a lot more "media vs. Jets" ever since, and I think your going to see more and more battles/non-compliance between the Jets and the beat writers in the coming months through next season. 
  4. Today is Robert Saleh's birthday... think the timing of this is an accident? 

I doubt your 1 extra click is going to make a difference.  just read the article.  or have a friend cut and paste it for you.

• Haha 3

Criminal to let JD of the hook on this one, he built this team, abismal in FA and very bad overall in the draft, the only thing the guy knows how to do is trade sh*t players and get some value back.

As I said before, Saleh will be gone next season, they're all going to be, one year to late.

28 minutes ago, football guy said:

Russini's problem has always been the way she twists info. For instance, the ESPN story that Rodgers gave the Jets "a list", painting it as if it were a demand. 

The Jets asked Rodgers what he felt about those players who were due to be free agents. We can read between the lines that the Jets wanted to add players that Rodgers wanted to play with in hopes that it would increase his comfort level making the move to the Jets. This happens all the time in any corporate or business setting. But the story is more juicy if it painted Rodgers in a way where he was the football czar making all the demands... sensationalism 

OMG, you and @JustInFudge quoting each other and liking each other's comments? Maybe peace in the Middle East really can happen. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If that's the case, just cut him. He's a distraction at this point and the team doesn't need that for its 3rd stringer. Maybe designate him to the practice squad and hope someone signs him, lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t doubt he’s not the source. But this season fell on his inability to do anything (which everyone in the building seemed to know already). 

Why is it so hard to just accept the simple explanation that a) everyone DID know that Wilson sucked and b) no one expected Rodgers to break in 4 plays?  Usually the simplest explanation is often the right one.  JD rolled the dice on Rodgers and lost.  Just like he rolled the dice on Duane Brown, Becton, Gipson. Brownlee, etc.  He's a chronic gambler/optimist when it comes to hoping things work out and not spending cap dollars on viable back up plans...

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No, not correct at all.

Wilson was a terrible failed pick.   That is on the GM.

The owner GM and coach then utterly panicked and fell in love with the Rodgers move.

They made the team much much worse just to appease Rodgers and now they actually believe that all their moves were good and they just got unlucky with the injury.

Anyone that pins the bad play of Zach Wilson as the reason this team is badly flawed is letting the three amigos totally off the hook.

They made every single choice to do with QB of this team.

Wilson stinks, he should have been gone before this year as they had decided he stinks then.

After this entire charade, only one thing is clear to me.

We’ve all seen and read that Woody runs the show. He’s making football decisions. It’s that simple.

A GM and HC can draft a young QB high and still need to develop him. If he’s not ready, he shouldn’t play, yet he did because the owner said so. That is not on them.

They then devise a plan in which the ONLY way they salvage sitting Zach is to go get someone like Rodgers. The ONLY reason they could sell this to Woody, bench a player they’ve drafted in the top 3 and paid tens of millions of dollars to, was to get Rodgers. They were not only trying to save their own jobs, but save Woody from himself!

There was no CHOICE to bring in a quality backup. That plan wouldn’t be bought by Woody. And when Rodgers got hurt, Woody knows they ALL looked dumb, so he is showing them some grace and giving them one more year before he fires them next year.

You’ve solely place Zach’s failure on the HC and GM and linked them and owner together. I don’t see this to be the case.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

If that's the case, just cut him. He's a distraction at this point and the team doesn't need that for its 3rd stringer. Maybe designate him to the practice squad and hope someone signs him, lol.

He's 11 mil dead cap if they cut 

He's half that dead cap if they trade

His contract is guaranteed 

You're right a well run team would have eaten the cap by now and cut him but the jets are up against the cap and don't have that luxury 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

I think the Jets are very clearly and obviously a complete sh*t show.  But I also didn't need this article to tell me that, and I also don't think this article is particularly well-sourced or well-written (which shouldn't be much of a surprised, given that it's written by (1) a guy who -- like all other Jets beat writers -- gets his "scoops" as quickly as Ian Rapaport can tweet them; and (2) Dianna "the Dolt" Russini).   To be clear, I believe completely that the organization suffers from deep rot starting from the top, and that this regime is a clown show that should've been fired a year ago.  But I don't trust these clown writers ("Staffers were bemused by Saleh’s obsession with the Wilson story and his reaction to it") much more than I trust Bob Saleh.

Maybe that's just me. 

You're not alone.  Nothing gets more clicks and eyeballs for these writers than revving up the Jets clown mobile for a 2500 word article....

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Why is it so hard to just accept the simple explanation that a) everyone DID know that Wilson sucked and b) no one expected Rodgers to break in 4 plays?  Usually the simplest explanation is often the right one.  JD rolled the dice on Rodgers and lost.  Just like he rolled the dice on Duane Brown, Becton, Gipson. Brownlee, etc.  He's a chronic gambler/optimist when it comes to hoping things work out and not spending cap dollars on viable back up plans...

Carson Wentz signed for 1.1 million with the Rams after he reached out to the Jets. It wasn’t the money. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

You're not alone.  Nothing gets more clicks and eyeballs for these writers than revving up the Jets clown mobile for a 2500 word article....

Not really. The Jets are down on the list of national interest.