Daniels >> Nabers

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMG_4955.jpeg

Not many of those guys played with quarterbacks who won’t be getting drafted this year (or wouldn’t if they declared). Lots of overlap between the top guys and who was on the other end of those passes.

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2024 at 12:16 PM, Paradis said:

Finally getting around to digging into his game film... uh, overrated is too strong a word, but this did more for Daniels for me than Nabers. Good WR prospect, shares a lot of commonalities with Garret Wilson, but he owes a ton of his future signing bonus to Daniels -- who I haven't been sweet enough on apparently. I'd expect that as the draft gets closer, you may see him supplant Caleb Williams.

Daniels consistently picked his moments with Malik based on what the defense was doing. While Nabers flashes craft/footwork, he's not particularly twitchy and his route running needs refining. Nabers' big plays were often a result of scheming him open up the slot, and Daniels sitting in the pocket for 1/2 hour. Understand that i'm not saying dissing Nabers as potential 1st round WR, but the hype is clearly writing blank cheques on this one. He has the potential to become a comp of Keenan Allen, but the Daniels effect has inflated his draft stock. 

TLDR version; Film highlights Daniels more than Nabers, who I would have as back half of the 1st WR, but not this top 10 stuff. Exceptional ball tracking, and hands. Crafty. 

Welcome to the party.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What was your take on his ability in the short-medium passing game? I see a lot of highlights of him throwing dimes down field and running the ball but you don't see much of him doing the boring stuff to move the chains and I've even seen people list it as a weakness. Could just be something they didn't do much of but you can't just sit back and throw bombs in todays NFL.

You know what else you don’t see much of?  

Him turning the ball over.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Adobo Mitchell please!🙏 

You're on your own here pal. Mitchell doesn't do anything particularly well as a WR imo. Gun to my head: he gets over drafted, struggles w/ NFL corners, and winds up hanging around 3-4 seasons because of his draft pedigree. that's about it. 

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

no argument from me.

The aim of this wasn't to lobby that Nabers was not a good WR prospect, but more so that I felt Daniels' play needs to be recognized for a lot of what is driving the train here

lol even though I pushed back on being a "top 5" guy, its easy to see how he'll likely end up in ARZ/NYG who need production at the position badly.

I think both are very good prospects.  You watch nabers run and you think garrett.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I'd like to think i'm not a mouth breather, but I'm not sure what i can gleam from this... its blind to scheme, position, QB play, conference etc.

Yes, it lacks context and isn’t necessarily predictive of anything, but it‘s an interesting grouping at the top. 

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

ok? Don't take my post the wrong way. I was asking a question about something I don't know about. Your response is weird.

He's throwing his Mel Kiper weight around....just let him have this.  He's a big deal.  Haven't you heard?

Finally getting around to digging into his game film... uh, overrated is too strong a word, but this did more for Daniels for me than Nabers. Good WR prospect, shares a lot of commonalities with Garret Wilson, but he owes a ton of his future signing bonus to Daniels -- who I haven't been sweet enough on apparently. I'd expect that as the draft gets closer, you may see him supplant Caleb Williams.

Daniels consistently picked his moments with Malik based on what the defense was doing. While Nabers flashes craft/footwork, he's not particularly twitchy and his route running needs refining. Nabers' big plays were often a result of scheming him open up the slot, and Daniels sitting in the pocket for 1/2 hour. Understand that i'm not saying dissing Nabers as potential 1st round WR, but the hype is clearly writing blank cheques on this one. He has the potential to become a comp of Keenan Allen, but the Daniels effect has inflated his draft stock. 

TLDR version; Film highlights Daniels more than Nabers, who I would have as back half of the 1st WR, but not this top 10 stuff. Exceptional ball tracking, and hands. Crafty. 

Bingo bongo.  Been saying it for awhile now, not just Daniels is the best player in the draft but also this WR class after Harrison Jr. isnt all that exciting and overhyped.  Though I could see Odunze runs in the 4.3's like they are predicting...at 6'3 215, he might jump to WR2 in the class.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, it lacks context and isn’t necessarily predictive of anything, but it‘s an interesting grouping at the top. 

Right, but stats students will also tell you that possibly suggests that's the reason for their inflated draft stock. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

It's PFF and I'm pretty sure I saw one of their 2024 big boards w/ Nabers either 3rd or 4th overall, which is bonkers. 

53 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Right, but stats students will also tell you that possibly suggests that's the reason for their inflated draft stock. 

I think you guys are wilding out. I’m not making any definitive draft takes this year, but Nabers looks awesome. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think you guys are wilding out. I’m not making any definitive draft takes this year, but Nabers looks awesome. 

I'm mostly just making conversation. Anything to keep my interest in the NFL/Jets; a candle near the end of its wick. I have no interest in sifting through KC soliloquies and "My life as a Jets fan" threads on the main strip

• Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm mostly just making conversation. Anything to keep my interest in the NFL/Jets; a candle near the end of its wick. I have no interest in sifting through KC soliloquies and "My life as a Jets fan" threads on the main strip

I heard Taylor Swift will be releasing her 1st mock next week.🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t hate him just don’t think he’s a top 10 type guy.  

I’ll bet you a $20 Chili’s gift card that Nabers puts up more yards and TDs than Bowers, and I’ll spot you 200 yards.

Gunna have to get back to me after I see who drafts these guys but I’d probably take the bet. 

• Upvote 1

There are rumors that Sean Payton loves Jayden Daniels (Cole Thompson of SI said so on Jake Asman) and has the go-ahead to trade up for him.  It would be ridiculous if another star young FQB ends up in the AFC (and, of course, not to us).  Then again, if the Pats stay at #3, there's a real chance he'll be available to them and we can face him for the next decade plus.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There are rumors that Sean Payton loves Jayden Daniels (Cole Thompson of SI said so on Jake Asman) and has the go-ahead to trade up for him.  It would be ridiculous if another star young FQB ends up in the AFC (and, of course, not to us).  Then again, if the Pats stay at #3, there's a real chance he'll be available to them and we can face him for the next decade plus.

It’s early, but it’s starting to feel like he is going #1 to the Bears. Plus, Denver sold the farm two years ago. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

It’s early, but it’s starting to feel like he is going #1 to the Bears. Plus, Denver sold the farm two years ago. 

If the Bears want him, wouldn't the move be to trade down 1 spot because it sounds like Washington wants Caleb Williams and he wants them?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If the Bears want him, wouldn't the move to be to trade down 1 spot because it sounds like Washington wants Caleb Williams and he wants them?

I was thinking that after the combine and pro days that it will be obvious that Daniels is the guy and Washington will not have to trade anything. Although, the Bears being on the other side of their dopey trade up for Trubisky would be ironic.😎

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Personally I don’t think there’s a chance he gets by Washington. Maye being the 1B/QB2 is a narrative that died in 2023. I’m not even sure Chicago doesn’t take him. Could be a pick swap with WSH

3 hours ago, section314 said:

That’d be wild, but I think this is just a function of February draft chatter where these dudes are trying to milk content for three months. The “Maye is dropping!” stuff is reminiscent of the “Will Stroud drop into Round 2???” storylines, and they want Daniels to fill that hole. Daniels is a skinny dude who holds the ball too long and has a bad pressures-to-sack ratio, which is a thing that follows players into the pros. Not saying he’ll be bad, but there’s a lot of commentary on him right now based on the raw stats that might be a bit iffy. 

IMG_4964.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

That’d be wild, but I think this is just a function of February draft chatter where these dudes are trying to milk content for three months. The “Maye is dropping!” stuff is reminiscent of the “Will Stroud drop into Round 2???” storylines, and they want Daniels to fill that hole. Daniels is a skinny dude who holds the ball too long and has a bad pressures-to-sack ratio, which is a thing that follows players into the pros. Not saying he’ll be bad, but there’s a lot of commentary on him right now based on the raw stats that might be a bit iffy. 

IMG_4964.jpeg

eddie basden big 3 reactions GIF by BIG3

• Haha 1

So Daniels is the best Qb in the daft.

Perhaps you all can tell me what the hell he was doing the first 4 years of his college career.  Being totally  pedestrian and uninspiring at freaking Arizona State.

One year of terrific production.  He has a worse resume than Justin Fields.

Is he a top 3 QB in this draft? sure.  Youz guyz are falling in love with one year though.

As for dissing Nabers, the guy  is excellent, totally worthy to be the 2nd wr off the board and he is closer to Harrison than people think.

(Tosses the gauntlet on the ground)

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So Daniels is the best Qb in the daft.

Perhaps you all can tell me what the hell he was doing the first 4 years of his college career.  Being totally  pedestrian and uninspiring at freaking Arizona State.

One year of terrific production.  He has a worse resume than Justin Fields.

Is he a top 3 QB in this draft? sure.  Youz guyz are falling in love with one year though.

As for dissing Nabers, the guy  is excellent, totally worthy to be the 2nd wr off the board and he is closer to Harrison than people think.

(Tosses the gauntlet on the ground)

Are you trolling?  I have to assume so because this an extraordinarily bad take, like foolish, quite frankly and it's not because you've decided Daniels sucks, that's fine, you're constantly wrong about QB play but it's how you got there that is so ridiculous. 

First and foremost, who focuses on a 5 year starters, true freshman and sophomore years while literally throwing away the years of maturity that you're looking for in a QB during their Jr. and Snr. year?  In this case, when said player gets away from Herm Edwards, transferred to the SEC and dominated.  So you're overall approach is flawed and stupid.   And calling him "pedestrian" lol - was it pedestrian when Oregon rolled into Sun Devil stadium led by Justin Herbert and Daniels went bonkers to lead his team to a win over the #6 team in the country? 

Daniels - 68% comp, 400 yards, 3 TD's - no turnovers

Herbert - 55% comp, 300 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's

Secondly, he was actually, quite good as a true freshman.  60% comp, 3,000 yards, 17 TDs vs.  2 INT's, 150 QBR, who the **** wouldnt take those numbers from a true freshman? lmfao.  Not only is that is incredible discipline for a QB at that age to have such few turnovers, which stays w/ him his entire career but he also made Brandon Aiyuk a 1st round pick that year, not to mention the individual performance I just pointed out vs. a future top 10 pick/NFL superstar.

Finally, have you taken the time to compare Jayden Daniels freshman and sophomore's years vs. the rest of the class?  lmfao.  No, clearly you didnt because you'd see he not only has the most experience, the most starts, the best level of comp., but also the best stats out of the class that early in his college career.  Maye was redshirted, and has a decline in numbers year over year.  Williams threw for 1900 yards as freshman, are you not concerned w/ his "pedestrian" career before transferring to USC and losing 5 of his last 7 games while painting his finger nails and crying on the field as he finished his college career.  I take it you dont care about those facts, Mr. winning is everything at QB?  We arent going to JJ McCarthy, right?  Because that would be laughable in comparison. 

1 good year?  Me thinks you need to revisit this class, he aint the one w/ 1 good year, buckaroo.  lol  And Daniels resume is 100x better then Justin Fields but I appreciate the nod to come in here and destroy your absolutely moronic take.   That was nice of you.  

(picks up your gauntlet, sh*ts all over it, and hands it back to you for inspection) 

p.s. - if you're coming into this forum w/ the big dogs, you better bring it next time, no half stepping round here.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Are you trolling?  I have to assume so because this an extraordinarily bad take, like foolish, quite frankly and it's not because you've decided Daniels sucks, that's fine, you're constantly wrong about QB play but it's how you got there that is so ridiculous. 

First and foremost, who focuses on a 5 year starters, true freshman and sophomore years while literally throwing away the years of maturity that you're looking for in a QB during their Jr. and Snr. year?  In this case, when said player gets away from Herm Edwards, transferred to the SEC and dominated.  So you're overall approach is flawed and stupid.   And calling him "pedestrian" lol - was it pedestrian when Oregon rolled into Sun Devil stadium led by Justin Herbert and Daniels went bonkers to lead his team to a win over the #6 team in the country? 

Daniels - 68% comp, 400 yards, 3 TD's - no turnovers

Herbert - 55% comp, 300 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's

Secondly, he was actually, quite good a true freshman.  60% comp, 3,000 yards, 17 TDs vs.  2 INT's, 150 QBR, who the **** wouldnt take those numbers from a true freshman? lmfao.  Not only is that is incredible discipline for a QB at that age to have such few turnovers, which stays w/ him his entire career but he also made Brandon Aiyuk a 1st round pick that year, not to mention the individual performance I just pointed out vs. a future top 10 pick/NFL superstar.

Finally, have you taken the time to compare Jayden Daniels freshman and sophomore's years vs. the rest of the class?  lmfao.  No, clearly you didnt because you'd see he not only has the most experience, the most starts, the best level of comp., but also the best stats out of the class that early in his college career.  Maye was redshirted, and has a decline in numbers year over year.  Williams threw for 1900 yards as freshman, are you not concerned w/ his "pedestrian" career before transferring to USC and losing 5 of his last 7 games while painting his finger nails and crying on the field as he finished his college career.  I take it you dont care about those facts, Mr. winning is everything at QB?  We arent going to JJ McCarthy, right?  Because that would be laughable in comparison.  And Daniels resume is 100x better then Justin Fields but I appreciate the nod to come in here and destroy your absolutely moronic take.   That was nice of you.

(picks up your gauntlet, sh*ts all over it, and hands it back to you for inspection) 

p.s. - if you're coming in to forum w/ the big dogs, you better bring it next time.

Daniels left Arizona State and his teammates raided his locker on a live stream while saying how much they hated him on a personal level

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Daniels left Arizona State and his teammates raided his locker on a live stream while saying how much they hated him on a personal level

lmfao - you understand that that video is available for everyone to watch, right?  The bitter dude filming the players raid his locker for free gear after he transferred said, "it dont matter, he sucks anyway".  Not, "i hate him".  lol 

So lets unpack that hot take from some random bitter dude that knew their program was about to take a huge sh*t.  ASU went 8-5 that season w/ Daniels and appeared in a Bowl game.  The program has not won 8 games collectively since.  They've gone 3-9 in back to back season w/out Daniels.  I'm sure said player has been super impressed w/ the 7 QB's who have taken snaps since Daniels departure while he won a Heisman and locked himself in as a top 10 pick.

Now, instead of taking a 10 second video of idiot kids being idiots, why dont you look to the commentary and feedback from Antonio Pierce, Marvin Lewis and Herm Edwards on him?  lol  Or Idk, what's this thread about anyway? Oh that's right...so lets look at what Malik Nabes thinks of Jayden Daniels?  

“He's the best player in college football in my eyes,” Nabers said of Daniels. 

6 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

lmfao - you understand that that video is available for everyone to watch, right?  The bitter dude filming the players raid his locker for free gear after he transferred said, "it dont matter, he sucks anyway".  Not, "i hate him".  lol 

So lets unpack that hot take from some random bitter dude that knew their program was about to take a huge sh*t.  ASU went 8-5 that season w/ Daniels and appeared in a Bowl game.  The program has not won 8 games collectively since.  They've gone 3-9 in back to back season w/out Daniels.  I'm sure said player has been super impressed w/ the 7 QB's who have taken snaps since Daniels departure while he won a Heisman and locked himself in as a top 10 pick.

Now, instead of taking a 10 second video of idiot kids being idiots, why dont you look to the commentary and feedback from Antonio Pierce, Marvin Lewis and Herm Edwards on him?  lol  Or Idk, what's this thread about anyway? Oh that's right...so lets look at what Malik Nabes thinks of Jayden Daniels?  

“He's the best player in college football in my eyes,” Nabers said of Daniels. 

Look man I didn’t make the video ok

• Haha 2