Hardman sounds off on the Jets

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Terrible football player and an awful signing. Hardman almost single-handedly lost the Ravens playoff game for the Chiefs. That said, sounds like they promised him a role on offense, then found out he was never going to be able to handle that role. Bottom line: stop letting Rodgers pick the players.

He stinks but he was as good or better than freaking cobb and lazard.  How pathetic is that.

Joe Douglas is a weak kneed pandering bum.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The fact he refused to field a punt does not make the comments about the joke offense any less valid.

It does if you choose to discard the opinion of a soft and entitled player who isn’t very good, regardless of what team he plays for.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

His inability to catch in training camp paired with his piss-poor diaper filling attitude suggests otherwise.

Xavier Gibson and Jason Brownlee didn’t have their jobs handed to them.  They earned it.  Through the ups and downs, they didn’t “check out” like Mecole did.  That one paragraph perfectly explains his entire career up to this point:

Extremely talented athlete who has zero work ethic and wants everything handed to him or else he just throws his hands up in the air to give up.  

Normally I wouldn’t give this bullsh*t one iota of thought, but the “I think I’m better than every WR not named Garrett Wilson” portion pissed me off.  Not only is it untrue because of the point made above, it’s his own doing and he wants to blame every single person other than the man in the mirror.

”Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t want to work.”

Neither of those guys got any real playing time until aarons buddies sh*t the bed.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Brownlee barely got on the field until late in the season, no?  And Gipson was a punt returner who defaulted to WR2 because the rest of the group was so awful.  

Fun fact:

They both scored more touchdowns during the regular season than Mecole Hardman, even after he was traded to the Chiefs.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Brownlee barely got on the field until late in the season, no?  And Gipson was a punt returner who defaulted to WR2 because the rest of the group was so awful.  

The Jets thought Hardman was good enough to get a $5 mil deal, then didn’t use him the way they said they would. He’s a better player than Gipson or Brownlee. He got pissed and he checked out.

NFL WRs are divas, film at 11.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

It does if you choose to discard the opinion of a soft and entitled player who isn’t very good, regardless of what team he plays for.

I do not buy this at all.

He is a bum but his comments about the offense are pretty clear.

Hacketts has no clue whatsoever and is by FAR the worst oc in the league and saleh and douglas have no nuts to do a thing about it in fear of offending Rodgers.

The plan was to let Rodgers do anything he wants and once he got hurt there was no plan.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Neither of those guys got any real playing time until aarons buddies sh*t the bed.

Regular season TDs

Xavier Gibson (Jets): 1

Jason Brownlee (Jets): 1

Randall f*cking Cobb (Jets): 1

Mecole Hardman (Jets/Chiefs): 0

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

All these stories just come to the same conclusion… saleh and jd are pissing on woody and telling him it’s rain… these guys shouldn’t be in the building, their key cards shouldn’t work and we should have a new front office and coach in here.

• Post of the Week 3

Just now, Mogglez said:

Fun fact:

They both scored more touchdowns during the regular season than Mecole Hardman, even after he was traded to the Chiefs.

That's probably because Hardman barely saw the field (admittedly, it was likely due to his poor attitude).  But his numbers in KC dwarf what Gipson and Brownlee did this past year.

2019: he averaged over 20 yards per reception and had 6 TDs.

2020: 41 rec for 560 yds and 4 TDs

2021: 59 rec for 693 yds and 2 TDs

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HardMe00.htm

image.png.2e8d515772868b8c813e232c009ea5b0.png

Just a short 2 weeks until we can start talking football again and discussing the things going on to try and make the Jets better and break the playoff drought instead of rehashing garbage over and over and over again.

We all know the offense was miserable last year and why. We can start to move on now and hope for better luck in 2024

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I do not buy this at all.

He is a bum but his comments about the offense are pretty clear.

Hacketts has no clue whatsoever and is by FAR the worst oc in the league and saleh and douglas have no nuts to do a thing about it in fear of offending Rodgers.

The plan was to let Rodgers do anything he wants and once he got hurt there was no plan.

The Jets tried to replicate the Gase/Manning Broncos.

BFD.

No OC tells Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. what play to run.  This isn’t uncommon when you have a HoF QB who has basically run one offense, by himself, for the entirety of his career.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Regular season TDs

Gipson's TD came on a punt return.  Brownlee's TD came against Washington (who had an atrocious defense).

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Regular season TDs

* excludes Super Bowl winning TD receptions

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's probably because Hardman barely saw the field (admittedly, it was likely due to his poor attitude).  But his numbers in KC dwarf what Gipson and Brownlee did this past year.

2019: he averaged over 20 yards per reception and had 6 TDs.

2020: 41 rec for 560 yds and 4 TDs

2021: 59 rec for 693 yds and 2 TDs

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HardMe00.htm

image.png.2e8d515772868b8c813e232c009ea5b0.png

I’m not interested in Mecole Hardman’s numbers from 2021.  The guy hasn’t scored a touchdown since 2022 and the most ironic part of it all is that those numbers only prove that he’s gotten significantly worse since being asked to step up and take on a bigger responsibility.

The Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill and the dude’s career took a nosedive because he isn’t hard to cover.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gipson's TD came on a punt return.  Brownlee's TD came against Washington (who had an atrocious defense).

Mecole Hardman also returns punts/kicks.

He couldn’t even manage one of those.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Mecole Hardman also returns punts/kicks.

He couldn’t even manage one of those.

IIRC, not this past year (for the Jets, at least).  And doesn't his quote say he wouldn't return a punt for Boyer?

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IIRC, not this past year (for the Jets, at least).  And doesn't his quote say he wouldn't return a punt for Boyer?

I’m referring to his time with the Chiefs, which is why I listed both teams for him.

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Just a short 2 weeks until we can start talking football again and discussing the things going on to try and make the Jets better and break the playoff drought instead of rehashing garbage over and over and over again.

We all know the offense was miserable last year and why. We can start to move on now and hope for better luck in 2024

A former Jet (who they signed for $5 mil no less) just sh*t over the entire OCS, and you’re like “nothing to see here. Can’t wait for FA and the draft!”

Not to mention the other guy who thinks it means nothing because Brownlee and Gipson caught a TD pass this year.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not interested in Mecole Hardman’s numbers from 2021.  The guy hasn’t scored a touchdown since 2022 and the most ironic part of it all is that those numbers only prove that he’s gotten significantly worse since being asked to step up and take on a bigger responsibility.

The Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill and the dude’s career took a nosedive because he isn’t hard to cover.

* Excludes Super Bowl winning TD receptions

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He stinks but he was as good or better than freaking cobb and lazard.  How pathetic is that.

If you had a third and six and put all three out there at receiver, the order in which you’d look for them would be 1. Cobb, 2. Lazard, 3. Throw it away, 4. Take a bone crushing sack, 5. Buttfumble, 6. Maybe throw it toward where Hardman was supposed to be but isn’t

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, usanyj said:

All these stories just come to the same conclusion… saleh and jd are pissing on woody and telling him it’s rain… these guys shouldn’t be in the building, their key cards shouldn’t work and we should have a new front office and coach in here.

Listening to Connor Rodgers, he basically said Woody is letting the clock run out on their contracts (which is what happened with QB coach, RB coach and WR coach). Also why they aren’t replacing Hogan and the personnel guy. This will be their last season here barring the Jets figuring it out and making a run, which at this point feels very unlikely. The roster is better, but the dysfunction remains at an all time high. Woody is also against paying two people for the same job. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Unruly Jets Fan said:

* Hardman candidly admitted that, by that point, "I was so checked out, like, it was over with. I had already talked to (KC GM Brett) Veach and Pat (Mahomes), like, ‘Come get me.’" Two weeks later, he was traded back to KC.

Wondering Taylor Swift GIF

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Douglas was hired to be a kitten on a leash. Just scroll through Twitter and watch other GMs speak at length with the press today. Some come off better than others, but I can all but guarantee Douglass will look silly when he speaks tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Listening to Connor Rodgers, he basically said Woody is letting the clock run out on their contracts (which is what happened with QB coach, RB coach and WR coach). Also why they aren’t replacing Hogan and the personnel guy. This will be their last season here barring the Jets figuring it out and making a run, which at this point feels very unlikely. The roster is better, but the dysfunction remains at an all time high. 

It feels like Woody sees the writing on the wall and is ready to turn the page on every one of these guys.  But if he feels that way, Mike Vrabel is sitting out there right now (and probably won't be next offseason).

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you had a third and six and put all three out there at receiver, the order in which you’d look for them would be 1. Cobb, 2. Lazard, 3. Throw it away, 4. Take a bone crushing sack, 5. Buttfumble, 6. Maybe throw it toward where Hardman was supposed to be but isn’t

Okay, this made me laugh, but seriously? Can you guys bury the lead any deeper?

Hardman put the CS on blast, and all you guys want to do is talk pass progression, his career stats and Gipson and Brownlee.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

A former Jet (who they signed for $5 mil no less) just sh*t over the entire OCS, and you’re like “nothing to see here. Can’t wait for FA and the draft!”

Not to mention the other guy who thinks it means nothing because Brownlee and Gipson caught a TD pass this year.

Not quite. At least he put his name on it. Most of the other stories are gossip column stupidity.

Of course the Jets offense was flailing. They lost their QB1, started 15 different OL, and WR2 retired 2 weeks before week 1. Hackett did not deliver the goods with all that going on, bad job Nate.

My take on it is that we get it and everybody knows why they lost 10 games last year. This upcoming season is not even in the realm of a lost season and it’s time to turn to page on what can be done to break the playoff streak. I’m ready for those conversations instead is all. Everybody will get there once the wheels start moving

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Unruly Jets Fan said:

Former Jets WR/Super Bowl hero Mecole Hardman, appearing on @Realrclark25's Pivot podcast, shed some light on what led to his trade from the Jets. For instance:

* Hardman said he refused to return punts vs KC because he felt STC Brant Boyer had misled him about the punt-returning job in camp, and that he didn't have enough time to prepare when asked on the night of the KC game to step in for Xavier Gipson, who had tweaked an ankle a few days earlier. Hardman said he was dealing with his own injury (hyperextended pinky) that made it tough to catch. He said Saleh tried to convince him to do it, but Hardman said he told him, "I'm not catching for that man (Boyer)." 

* Hardman candidly admitted that, by that point, "I was so checked out, like, it was over with. I had already talked to (KC GM Brett) Veach and Pat (Mahomes), like, ‘Come get me.’" Two weeks later, he was traded back to KC.

* On why it didn't work out with the Jets, Hardman said, "It’s the lies and the way they handled me. I didn’t like it at all." He made it clear that, other than Garrett Wilson, he felt he was as good or better than every WR on the team.

* On the Jets' 2023 culture/Hackett: "You just got a new (offensive) coaching staff that came in and there’s no standard there. Everybody does what they want to do. Granted, the defense has more of a stabilized standard with the coaching staff on that side, so the defense has a standard. But the offense is just like, 'We’ll just figure it out. It’s Aaron’s show. Let Aaron do what Aaron does.' Then when Aaron goes down, it’s like we don’t know what to do."
youtube.com/watch?v=C6sdL8…

I kept reading waiting for the surprising  part, seems pretty close we all imagined. 

• Upvote 1