CJ Uzomah expexted to be released

56 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:
He didn’t do any drills did he?
Is it really that far fetched that a guy who played TE at around 230, would pack on weight for the combine? I’d have loved to see his 40 time at 243, but maybe I’m overthinking this? emoji2369.png

Someone questioned his weight. They didn't question his 40 times. The guy weighed what he weighed.

He was rumored to run a 4.5 — weighing closer to 230.

“What is is actual NFL playing weight and what does he run at that weight” is a very legitimate question.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I couldn’t say one way or the other tbh. The only times I’ve seen him he was in pads, and at 6’3” the extra 12-15 lbs I’m talking about wouldn’t be that noticeable to my eye, but would certainly look better on his chart.

No way of knowing though, and I’m not trying to be a conspiracy guy, I’m just saying it’s not that far fetched. I’m not even saying him playing at 235 would be a bad thing… i don’t believe too many of these NFL guys listed weights are accurate.

30 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

“What is is actual NFL playing weight and what does he run at that weight” is a very legitimate question.

FWIW, I don't think putting on some weight will kill his 40 time.  It might hurt his shuttle stuff, but I wouldn't be worried about the 40.  This is a guy people said looks "small."  Then he measured at what is basically his listed height and weight.  I would say the question was basically answered in the positive.  People were expecting he might be sub-6'2".  He's not.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Good decision.

Now we need to trade Zach Wilson for whatever we can get. The $5.5 cap saving is good enough. So even a 2025 7th works for me.

Release. No one is trading for a QB who can't QB.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

This guy was a pre snap penalty, dropped passes machine. Players who do that continuously should be yanked immediately and told to take a seat for the rest of the game. Why are we carrying 3 and 4 tight ends anyway?

Things other teams use as reasons to cut players.

Jets see pre snap penalties as "good guy, just needs a hug". Run it back!

Idiots with bad priorities. 

• Upvote 1

I've never seen him listed at 230.

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW, I don't think putting on some weight will kill his 40 time.  It might hurt his shuttle stuff, but I wouldn't be worried about the 40.  This is a guy people said looks "small."  Then he measured at what is basically his listed height and weight.  I would say the question was basically answered in the positive.  People were expecting he might be sub-6'2".  He's not.

He's not tiny, for sure. But he's obviously not George Kittle and I think that's a weird comp.

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I've never seen him listed at 230.

Well yeah. College players are never listed at their real weights.

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's not tiny, for sure. But he's obviously not George Kittle and I think that's a weird comp.

I know Kittle was considered the best blocking TE in his draft by many, but they measure basically the same height with Kittle 4 pounds lighter.  It's not like someone using Wan'dale Robinson as a comp for Jalen Hyatt.

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Well yeah. College players are never listed at their real weights.

I know everybody hates that these kids are testing in shorts, but do you think scale at the combine is rigged?

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Who was the last generational TE that changed the team that drafted him in the first round? 

Tony Gonzalez is prob the best 1st round success story at TE in recent memory.

He went 13th overall in KC in '97.  And it never translated into much team success.

He was more impactful for Matt Ryan and the Falcons late in his career.

I remember Belichick would triple-team him in the RZ, even in his mid-thirties as a Falcon.

Investing top-10 draft capital at TE is unnecessary and a recipe for getting burned.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I know everybody hates that these kids are testing in shorts, but do you think scale at the combine is rigged?

No. I think he played lighter at Georgia and bulked up for the combine because he knew his size was the biggest question mark about him. He then didn’t test at the combine raising the question of how he’d test at this weight.

Could be much ado about nothing but 1) the comparisons to Kittle are silly because Kittle is a mauler as a blocker and Bowers simply isn’t and 2) Bowers is still pretty light for an in line TE. I just want to know what I’m buying if I’m spending the 10th overall pick on him.

4 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I dunno he looks a little small to me. They keep comparing him to Kittle and I can see why he’s amazing after the catch and they are both 6’4 but Kittle is 10 lbs heavier — probably more because I don’t really believe Bowers is 240.

I’d prefer to draft a qb at 10

I do think he’s little like but better after the catch. And I’ll take that all day.

That being said… no thank you to a QB at 10. Mid rounds sure. But not 1st round

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Serious question…

Douglas has been here 5 years now. Have the Jets given a second contract to any of the players he’s drafted or signed in free agency?

I’m trying to think of one?

They should.  There would be bunches who deserve it.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

No. I think he played lighter at Georgia and bulked up for the combine because he knew his size was the biggest question mark about him. He then didn’t test at the combine raising the question of how he’d test at this weight.

Could be much ado about nothing but 1) the comparisons to Kittle are silly because Kittle is a mauler as a blocker and Bowers simply isn’t and 2) Bowers is still pretty light for an in line TE. I just want to know what I’m buying if I’m spending the 10th overall pick on him.

Understood, but Kittle weighed 4 lbs more at the combine.  Exactly how much weight do you think this kid put on over three months?  I was more worried about his height.

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Things other teams use as reasons to cut players.

Jets see pre snap penalties as "good guy, just needs a hug". Run it back!

Idiots with bad priorities. 

I knew the Chiefs would be cutting MVS after the season when he dropped that would have been winning TD pass during the season. It's called accountability of which Saleh has never heard of.

• Upvote 1