CJ Uzomah expexted to be released

26 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I actually meant that as a humorous comment. However Quincy Williams comes to mind. Not sure if there are others.

I knew you were joking, I just figured you’d know the answer to my question, and you did. I’d forgotten about Quincy.

@GreenFish did also! 👍

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Are we NFL insiders?  We have known that they were going to cut him this offseason since the day he signed.  

I'm so good i totally forgot he's still on the roster. I thought he just caught the winning pass in this pass Superbowl. 

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Serious question…

Douglas has been here 5 years now. Have the Jets given a second contract to any of the players he’s drafted or signed in free agency?

I’m trying to think of one?

Not really fair to go through his drafts.  His first draft is just coming up for contracts now and they were drafted for a different coach.  2020 was bad, but it was also drafted for Gase.  This year there is really only Becton, Hall and Davis left, which is not pretty.  Next year will be AVT, Carter2, Sherwood and Echols. The following season's draft will have big money deals even if these guys all get canned.

His free agent classes also have not been great, but IMO they have primarily been band aids aimed at covering spots while we get the draft pipeline up.  These TEs, Lawson, Joyner, Thomas, Jefferson, Woods, Hardee, Alexander were basically placeholders for guys like Ruckert, Johnson, etc.  I think Irv Charles may take Hardee's spot.  Reed and Whitehead were higher level signings and Reed seems like a keeper and a very nice find.  I think guys like Joyner technically got 2nd contracts, but I don't think that is what you mean

The place he found some guys that were signed back to big deals is the mini-draft.  He found Berrios (I know you all hate him now, but he was a solid pickup), JFM,  and Quincy Williams were all waiver wire pickups that warranted legitimate contracts when they came due.- 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Welcome to the squad Bowers.

I dunno he looks a little small to me. They keep comparing him to Kittle and I can see why he’s amazing after the catch and they are both 6’4 but Kittle is 10 lbs heavier — probably more because I don’t really believe Bowers is 240.

I’d prefer to draft a qb at 10

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I dunno he looks a little small to me. They keep comparing him to Kittle and I can see why he’s amazing after the catch and they are both 6’4 but Kittle is 10 lbs heavier — probably more because I don’t really believe Bowers is 240.

You don't believe it?  He just weighed in at 243 at the combine.  Do you think somebody had their toe on the scale? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

This 

Did he shove lead up his ass when they weighed him at the combine? He was 243 lbs.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

He was more interested in being a football player in New York than actually playing football for New York.

He just really loves the theater 

By the way these are the two June 1 cuts cjo and laken... There might be more cuts but these are the post June 1 exceptions 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You don't believe it?  He just weighed in at 243 at the combine.  Do you think somebody had their toe on the scale? 

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Did he shove lead up his ass when they weighed him at the combine? He was 243 lbs.

He didn’t do any drills did he?

Is it really that far fetched that a guy who played TE at around 230, would pack on weight for the combine? I’d have loved to see his 40 time at 243, but maybe I’m overthinking this? 🤷‍♂️

Is it really that far fetched that a guy who played TE at around 230, would pack on weight for the combine? I’d have loved to see his 40 time at 243, but maybe I’m overthinking this?
Someone questioned his weight. They didn't question his 40 times. The guy weighed what he weighed.

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Is it really that far fetched that a guy who played TE at around 230, would pack on weight for the combine? I’d have loved to see his 40 time at 243, but maybe I’m overthinking this? 🤷‍♂️

Eh.  If he can pack on weight, I think he answered the question.  He will probably do at least some of that stuff at his pro day, but saying he "looks small" did he look bigger at the combine?  I saw him interview and he looked pretty much the same as at Georgia to me.  

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Serious question…

Douglas has been here 5 years now. Have the Jets given a second contract to any of the players he’s drafted or signed in free agency?

I’m trying to think of one?

It's not a long list, for sure.

• Ryan Griffin
  • Connor McGovern
  • Greg Zuerlein

These 3 player acquisitions were all claimed off waivers and then given subsequent contracts/extensions:

• Quincy Williams
  • Braxton Berrios
  • John Franklin-Myers
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.  If he can pack on weight, I think he answered the question.  He will probably do at least some of that stuff at his pro day, but saying he "looks small" did he look bigger at the combine?  I saw him interview and he looked pretty much the same as at Georgia to me.  

I couldn’t say one way or the other tbh. The only times I’ve seen him he was in pads, and at 6’3” the extra 12-15 lbs I’m talking about wouldn’t be that noticeable to my eye, but would certainly look better on his chart.

No way of knowing though, and I’m not trying to be a conspiracy guy, I’m just saying it’s not that far fetched. I’m not even saying him playing at 235 would be a bad thing… i don’t believe too many of these NFL guys listed weights are accurate.

• Upvote 1