Possible Suitor for Wilson

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Jets are not in camp yet, so what is the hurry? The "distraction" seems to be here, where Wilson creates a bustle in some hedgerows.

The longer this goes the greater the risk he’ll indeed be coming to camp and ends up eating a valuable roster spot.  I don’t think Woody saying “we’re not cutting him” is gospel but I don’t exactly doubt it, either.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The problem is no one wants to deal a pick for him no matter how much money the Jets eat.  That’s why this has gone on for 43 days.

Have you been involved with the talks the Jets have had with any "interested" clubs? 

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Have you been involved with the talks the Jets have had with any "interested" clubs? 

Have you seen what the price tag has been for other failed QBs around the league who are still vastly superior to Zach?  It’s been quite low.  Fields went for a friggin 2025 late rounder and he’s had some really nice moments in this league from time to time.

No one is “interested” in trading for him.  Hence why, again, it’s gone on for 43 days and we haven’t even gotten a rumored destination tweet in weeks.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The longer this goes the greater the risk he’ll indeed be coming to camp and ends up eating a valuable roster spot.  I don’t think Woody saying “we’re not cutting him” is gospel but I don’t exactly doubt it, either.  

That is Woody being Woody, thinking that he can create the hard bargain line of "we are not eating any contract". 

If he is here when camp opens, then I will moan. But until then, this is just flotsam.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

That is Woody being Woody, thinking that he can create the hard bargain line of "we are not eating any contract". 

If he is here when camp opens, then I will moan. But until then, this is just flotsam.

K

Have you seen what the price tag has been for other failed QBs around the league who are still vastly superior to Zach?  It’s been quite low.

No one is “interested” in trading for him.  Hence why, again, it’s gone on for 43 days and we haven’t even gotten a rumored destination tweet in weeks.

What is the hurry in getting a deal done? The party that blinks first, usually left something on the table. 

Do I know for a fat that is happening? No. But this wringing if hands is a bit ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

What is the hurry in getting a deal done? The party that blinks first, usually left something on the table. 

Do I know for a fat that is happening? No. But this wringing if hands is a bit ridiculous.

Because more QBs are about to enter the league in the draft which means his already negative value is about to get even lower.  

The time to trade him was when the league year began, or earlier, before teams could fall in love with late round QB prospects.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Because more QBs are about to enter the league in the draft which means his already negative value is about to get even lower.  

Zach has made Sunday afternoons a pleasure for jets fans last 3 years.  We should just appreciate him while he’s in Bora Bora not studying the playbook and then just forget about him until he’s starting games for us in November and then blame Hackett or Saleh or the guy who sells hot dogs in the stands 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The time to trade him was when the league year began, or earlier, before teams could fall in love with late round QB prospects.

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach has made Sunday afternoons a pleasure for jets fans last 3 years.  We should just appreciate him while he’s in Bora Bora not studying the playbook and then just forget about him until he’s starting games for us in November and then blame Hackett or Saleh or the guy who sells hot dogs in the stands 

dumb and dumber harry dunne GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Zach isn't still a developmental player and shouldn't need years more to learn how to play. Or learn any new system. But he's lost his status as a starter and with any new team will have to win a job. And that's not an impossibility. 

It's also not impossible that I will meet several hot young(ish) Hollywood redheads, that we'll all fall in love, and live in plural marriage bliss for my remaining years.

Not impossible. 

Just unlikely.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hence why, again, it’s gone on for 43 days and we haven’t even gotten a rumored destination tweet in weeks.

There’s obviously next to no market for him. But this daily group pud tug over him not being moved, “again today!” is just stupid. Nothing’s happening around the league right now. Nothing will happen between now and the draft regarding Zach. Maybe they get something done day three, or maybe they get something done shortly after the draft? I don’t know. But there’s not gonna be any new information until then. 

If the Jets draft a QB -something I don’t see as likely before the sixth round, if at all- that would also probably spell Zach getting the axe shortly. 

In the meantime, post another jersey number. It’s super hilarious, and like four people really love it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, slats said:

There’s obviously next to no market for him. But this daily group pud tug over him not being moved, “again today!” is just stupid. Nothing’s happening around the league right now. Nothing will happen between now and the draft regarding Zach.

In the time it took you to write this post.....

......Zach wasn't traded. \\:D/

• Haha 4

I’d imagine Zach wouldn’t have been recruited by Bobby Hurley
I understand this ... And in this case the player is paying the price .. but also ... The coaches DO NEED to be held accountable.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I understand this ... And in this case the player is paying the price .. but also ... The coaches DO NEED to be held accountable.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

This x 1000!!! 

The millenials emotional temper tantrum on ZW is akin to being on the sinking titanic and blaming the chief decorator for the ship sinking, while saying if the ship designer and captain only had a better designer, we would have gotten to our destination.....

24 minutes ago, slats said:

There’s obviously next to no market for him. But this daily group pud tug over him not being moved, “again today!” is just stupid. Nothing’s happening around the league right now. Nothing will happen between now and the draft regarding Zach. Maybe they get something done day three, or maybe they get something done shortly after the draft? I don’t know. But there’s not gonna be any new information until then. 

If the Jets draft a QB -something I don’t see as likely before the sixth round, if at all- that would also probably spell Zach getting the axe shortly. 

In the meantime, post another jersey number. It’s super hilarious, and like four people really love it. 

Thanks for letting us know what's stupid or not, Mister PVO who likes to tell people what they can and can't complain about.  What would we do without you.

• Sympathy 1

This is not rocket science.  No team is interested in Zack Wilson because he is a bum and one of the biggest busts in the history of the NFL. Maybe all the former Wilson fanboys can start a GoFund me campaign for him so he can shuffle his way back to Utah to that baggage claim job at the airport that he probably isn't qualified for either.  

This friggin guy cant even get run out of town properly. F him already! 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The problem is no one wants to deal a pick for him no matter how much money the Jets eat.  That’s why this has gone on for 43 days.

Has it been 43 days? Damn feels like it was just yesterday, again! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

This is not rocket science.  No team is interested in Zack Wilson because he is a bum and one of the biggest busts in the history of the NFL. Maybe all the former Wilson fanboys can start a GoFund me campaign for him so he can shuffle his his way back to Utah to that baggage claim job at the airport that he probably isn't qualified for either.  

This friggin guy cant even get run out of town properly. F him already! 

Quit beating a dead horse bruh.  Even though we were lectured about why we should have hope for the kid for 3 years, with several posters not on the PVO bandwagon getting chased off in the process, now we should just stop talking about it and pretend he isn't here.  Sheesh.

• Haha 1

Remember last year when Zach supposedly "couldn't hurt us any longer" because we had Rodgers?  How'd that work out for the PVO crowd?

Yeah, I'm good with bumping this thread until the second he's gone.  There are 2 things you can do about it if you are upset:  1) Nothing, and 2) Like it.

• Sympathy 1

Remember last year when Zach supposedly "couldn't hurt us any longer" because we had Rodgers?  How'd that work out for the PVO crowd?

Yeah, I'm good with bumping this thread until the second he's gone.  There are 2 things you can do about it if you are upset:  1) Nothing, and 2) Like it.

I can think of a third thing I could do. 

• Haha 2

member when you told us that any other QB not named ZW would have that offense as a professional offense moving the ball, member dat one ? Simien was a "professional QB", yeah, he looked awesome bro. I see your point...

Temper Tantrum GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

member when you told us that any other QB not named ZW would have that offense as a professional offense moving the ball, member dat one ? Simien was a "professional QB", yeah, he looked awesome bro. I see your point...

Siemian took sacks at less than half the rate as Zach Wilson did, killing the "OL ruined Zach" argument.  But you keep fighting that good fight!

Siemian took sacks at less than half the rate as Zach Wilson did, killing the "OL ruined Zach" argument.  But you keep fighting that good fight!

Holy hell dude, I knew you were a genius, but not this much of a genius, so this is now the measure of a professional offense, how many sacks the QB takes?? And you can actually post this with a straight face and feel good about that?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Holy hell dude, I knew you were a genius, but not this much of a genius, so this is now the measure of a professional offense, how many sacks the QB takes?? And you can actually post this with a straight face and feel good about that?

Considering that the one and only remaining argument for why Zach was secretly good was the OL argument, yeah, I'd say that it matters.  Siemian wasn't brought in to "fix" anything.  A real QB might have.