Possible Suitor for Wilson

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

well the position that he's a borderline 3rd-4th round prospect not a 2 overall pick did age well 

for whatever the reason 

he shouldn't be on the roster right now, teams eat cap hits all the time 

it was the worst draft pick in the history of the franchise and somehow he's still here 

I don't think it's nuts to want to understand how it happened 

but you're right we'll never know for sure 

The Jets cut Zach.  Woody, in an amazing scene of public humiliation, pisses publicly on a picture of Zach's face, then takes a huge dump on it.  He decries him as the biggest mistake in his life.  He curses his name.  He cuts Garrett Wilson simply for sharing the name "Wilson".

Matt and Bitt:  "See, this PROVES that Woody and Neeleman were in a special relationship for rich guy politics, and that they're protecting Zach.  By pissing on Zach's face, what they're REALLY doing is looking dumb so the league will think Zach is dreamy, see, Woody is willing to destroy his team for Zach and Jet Blue!".

\\:D/

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Jets cut Zach.  Woody, in an amazing scene of public humiliation, pisses publicly on a picture of Zach's face, then takes a huge dump on it.  He decries him as the biggest mistake in his life.  He curses his name.  He cuts Garrett Wilson simply for sharing the name "Wilson".

Matt and Bitt:  "See, this PROVES that Woody and Neeleman were in a special relationship for rich guy politics, and that they're protecting Zach.  By pissing on Zach's face, what they're REALLY doing is looking dumb so the league will think Zach is dreamy, see, Woody is willing to destroy his team for Zach and Jet Blue!".

The unlikeliness of outcome speaks to our position not yours 

How is Zach even employed? 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

The unlikeliness of outcome speaks to our position not yours 

Thank you for proving my point: any potential outcome "speaks to your position" as you, and Matt, see it.

There is literally no outcome for which you or he would "sh*t, I was wrong".

Just like Biblical literalists. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

How is Zach even employed? 

Seems pretty strait forward if you think about it. :-k

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Thank you for proving my point: any potential outcome "speaks to your position" as you, and Matt, see it.

There is literally no outcome for which you or he would "sh*t, I was wrong".

Just like Biblical literalists. 

Seems pretty strait forward if you think about it. :-k

I'll be happy when he's not on the roster 

No matter how or when it happens 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

They’re not cutting him. That’s already been said.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We'll see.  Long offseason left to go.  Talk is just that, talk.

I'll be honest, I'm almost (stress almost) hoping they DO bring him back as the P.S. QB for 2024, just to watch you and Bit go full tin foil mad over it, lol.

After all, you do know Neeleman is on this forum, right, and reads what you say.  Surely you knew that, lol.  You'd never guess his user name.....

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

well the position that he's a borderline 3rd-4th round prospect not a 2 overall pick did age well 

for whatever the reason 

it was the worst draft pick in the history of the franchise and somehow he's still here 

Vernon Gholston says Hello

for whatever the reason 

#Triggered

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

2 is higher than 6 

That team didn't even need gholston 

The Jets needed Zach to be a super hero instead he was historically bad 

And then they over corrected and paid 100 mil and 2 seconds for Rodgers to fix the Zach problem 

And hired Hackett and like 6 worthless green Bay friends 

Gholston sucked but his bust did not cripple the franchise 

Zach wilson is so bad the effects will be felt for years after he's gone 

And he's still here! 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'll be honest, I'm almost (stress almost) hoping they DO bring him back as the P.S. QB for 2024, just to watch you and Bit go full tin foil mad over it, lol.

After all, you do know Neeleman is on this forum, right, and reads what you say.  Surely you knew that, lol.  You'd never guess his user name.....

You’re hedging 

2 is higher than 6 

And then they over corrected and paid 100 mil and 2 seconds for Rodgers to fix the Zach problem 

And he's still here! 

Yep, Gholston was like a divorce from a wife you never had kids with. Zach was like a divorce form the wife you had 5 kids with and now pay more in child and spousal support than you make. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You’re hedging 

Hedging for what, lol?  I won't be shocked in the least if JD keeps Zachy-poo for another year. 

Not because of convoluted political rich guy three airlines ago favors, but old fashioned poor cap management and bad decision making by our resident GM.

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hedging for what, lol?  I won't be shocked in the least if JD keeps Zachy-poo for another year. 

Not because of convoluted political rich guy three airlines ago favors, but old fashioned poor cap management and bad decision making by our resident GM.

Zach is our #3 QB for one more year. Please, please, please stay healthy AR8 and TT! Please. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Zach is our #3 QB for one more year. Please, please, please stay healthy AR8 and TT! Please. 

Zach 4.0 - This time things are different!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bitonti said:

2 is higher than 6 

And he's still here! 

I agree .. they needed Zach to be a superhero behind an incredibly bad OL and terrible coaching staff - He was a project that was overvalued at the draft due to the ineptitude of the Jets scouting department.  Many here said as much the day he was selected ..he should probably sit for a year to learn the pro game and that last year of college was a COVID year.  He had raw arm talent and some athleticism... somehow this team thought he was the light. (possibly if he was developed) - Saleh .. were gonna lift you up ( i wonder if he meant the OL is so bad we are gonna lift you straight to heaven ?)

I have no idea what he is still doing here.   The only thing I got is that the other teams are willing to wait to take on a project for nothing rather than fork a few million out.

Edited by Dunnie

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I have no idea what he is still doing here.   The only thing I got is that the other teams are willing to wait to take on a project for nothing rather than fork a few million out.

he's not NFL quality 

The Simpsons Canada GIF

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Needledik?

I still don’t understand why some people are bugged out by Zac being QB three.

As I said before, if it comes down to having to play QB three, the season is lost anyway.

And no matter how much you don’t like the kid he’s not a distraction he’s going to be in the background and nobody’s gonna give a crap

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

As I said before, if it comes down to having to play QB three, the season is lost anyway.

And no matter how much you don’t like the kid he’s not a distraction he’s going to be in the background and nobody’s gonna give a crap

No

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Is there new talk of this actually happening or just more of the usual forum hysteria?  I'm assuming it's the latter.  And I feel "re-signed" to the idea that he's going to turn his career around on some other team.  Who knows - maybe it'll be the Dolphins.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is there new talk of this actually happening or just more of the usual forum hysteria?  I'm assuming it's the latter.  And I feel "re-signed" to the idea that he's going to turn his career around on some other team.  Who knows - maybe it'll be the Dolphins.

Part of me would love to see Zac being successful elsewhere just to see the chaos that would ensue on this website

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Part of me would love to see Zac being successful elsewhere just to see the chaos that would ensue on this website

I feel like it's such an obvious storyline to happen to the Jets.  I don't see how the NFL script writers pass up the chance.

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I really hope a drunken rant by the idiot owner won't end up the gospel truth on this one. 

Please sack up and cut the b*tch, JD.

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

# 2 failure is worse than a # 6 failure, even if Gholston was a non-factor on the field.  Also, peep the 2008 draft class some time and tell me who was the obvious guy the pass-rusher needy Jets were supposed to take at 6 instead.

Meanwhile, the 2021 opportunity cost to take Zach was insane.  Ja'Marr Chase, Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons, DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Kyle Pitts, Patrick Surtain II.....class was insane.  And we took the guy who can't think.

Jamal Adams was the runaway favorite for worst draft pick in Jets history based on the opportunity cost of that class and the hard and fast rule to not take a Box Safety top 10, especially not in today's NFL.....but Zach blew that out of the water.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel like it's such an obvious storyline to happen to the Jets.  I don't see how the NFL script writers pass up the chance.

Less than 0%

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

#Triggered

^^^ #Projecting

Dunnie, you claim you're not emotionally attached to Zach and never were....and yet you have the 3rd-most posts in this thread.

A man who can't help but to defend another man at every turn is...pretty much by definition....emotionally attached.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And I feel "re-signed" to the idea that he's going to turn his career around on some other team.  Who knows - maybe it'll be the Dolphins.

No one wants him dude.  Someone will take a flyer and put him on a practice squad but that doesn't mean he's "wanted".  And a guy who doesn't like football much who is a roster stash will never get another shot as an NFL QB1 again.  This redemption story is not coming, dude.  It's over.  He's basically a QB4 who will be treated as a QB3 purely based on his draft slot.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Worked great with Darnold.  Still waiting for his ascension with the Niners, which we were told was the perfect destination for him (or any reclamation project QB) to shine.  Didn't happen.  And he's a lot better than Zach friggin Wilson.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Worked great with Darnold.  Still waiting for his ascension with the Niners, which we were told was the perfect destination for him (or any reclamation project QB) to shine.  Didn't happen.  And he's a lot better than Zach friggin Wilson.

Isn't Sam going to be the starting QB for the Vikings next year?  (Obviously pending what happens in the draft)

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one wants him dude.  Someone will take a flyer and put him on a practice squad but that doesn't mean he's "wanted".  And a guy who doesn't like football much who is a roster stash will never get another shot as an NFL QB1 again.  This redemption story is not coming, dude.  It's over.  He's basically a QB4 who will be treated as a QB3 purely based on his draft slot.

Nobody wants to pay him right now but that's a different thing.  

On 4/8/2024 at 10:58 AM, Warfish said:

Not really true.  

Zach was 26th in the NFL at INT % in 2021.

He was 28th in the NFL in 2022.

And he was 15th in 2023.

He didn't throw a high quantity of INT's, because he didn't throw a high quantity of passes.

But the rate that he threw INT's was one of the worst int he NFL his first two years, with a marked improvement in 2023 to "middle of the road" class.

But he also fumbled a ton in 2023, 11 total fumbles (wasn't a huge issue in 2021 and 2022, 5 and 1 respectively) which offset that 2023 improvement in INT rate.

All told, Zach was one of the worst QB's in the NFL all three years in total turnover rate.  

Which is also true of almost all QB metrics for performance.  There is no silver lining to the Zach Wilson story, at least not in his stats.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 1