Possible Suitor for Wilson

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Ridiculous

It was sort of like saying "I'm going to keep my spirits up and give it my all".  That's exactly the attitude we should want our players to have.

No he didn't.  He gave a dumb answer there but it wasn't malicious

Uhm...

image.gif.d8dc1159fa696cec82d714fa36945b0b.gif

Impossible to say but my hunch is there might be some truth to his teammates not liking him (or feeling he was entitled) but I think he gained some acceptance in his 3rd season.

I would assume so.  Why would you say otherwise?  Though, tbf, IIRC Curtis Martin said he didn't like football.

It’s ultimately a scouting / GM failure much more than a developmental one or “lack of support”.

I don’t blame ZW for being bad.  He is what he is.

I blame Joe Douglas and Woody Johnson and clueless Rex Hogan for foolishly believing ZW was a better football player than Jamar Chase, Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons, DeVonta Smith and countless other legit prospects.

The OL being subpar or even 32nd in the league level bad doesn’t mean Zach is good.

This is what you refuse to accept.

You could give him the best OL in the league.  It wouldn’t magically morph him into a franchise QB.  He’d still be what he is.

He’s a project player who got paid like a #2 overall pick.

By that sort of logic, Strev and Boyle and Josh Johnson should get another shot, too.  They played behind the same shoddy pass-protecting OL.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Oh I don't know 

Maybe that time the Jets wanted him to start qb 1 and he said no because "he was scared of getting hurt" and then the coaches had to berate him into it? 

He's a football player who is turning down opportunities to play football

No one wants a guy like that in their franchise 

The Jets either didn’t care or didn’t bother to think about if Wilson was willing to leave home full time and put in the necessary work it takes to be an NFL QB. BYU was in his backyard practically. The fact he was granted permission to leave the team last year is wild.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets either didn’t care or didn’t bother to think about if Wilson was willing to leave home full time and put in the necessary work it takes to be an NFL QB. BYU was in his backyard practically. The fact he was granted permission to leave the team last year is wild.

What is really crazy is he is basically in NJ full time now. I am sure that will change but I know people running into him all the time in Red Bank. Which is the general area his girlfriend is from.

Just ironic, he settles in here I know people that talked to him in the gym this week and a local restaurant last week. Now he is going to have to pack up and move on. Rightfully so.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

What is really crazy is he is basically in NJ full time now. I am sure that will change but I know people running into him all the time in Red Bank. Which is the general area his girlfriend is from.

Just ironic, he settles in here I know people that talked to him in the gym this week and a local restaurant last week. Now he is going to have to pack up and move on. Rightfully so.

Why would the #3 QB pack up and move Boss?

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The worst part of Zach wilson is his character 

He told the media he'd make the next qb life a living hell 

He threw his defense under the bus in new England 

He faked a concussion, quit on his team (!) and went back to Utah the last month of the season 

No one likes him, no one vouches for him, and no one wants this cancer in their locker room 

Does this guy even like football? 

That’s why woody loves him so much.  They are both dumb trust fund babies

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s ultimately a scouting / GM failure much more than a developmental one or “lack of support”.

I blame Joe Douglas and Woody Johnson and clueless Rex Hogan for foolishly believing ZW was a better football player than Jamar Chase, Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons, DeVonta Smith and countless other legit prospects.

This is the first logical thing you have ever posted on the ZW topic, the rest has been emotional temper tantrums.

Funny however that we get 30 pages of posts every time ZW is mentioned, yet very, very few on what is the ultimate problem that you mentioned above, which is 100% accurate.

This is why the fan base is stupid, they blame the symptoms rather than the problems. You can fix acute symptoms only temporarily, but if you don't address the problem, the symptoms keep coming back again and again and again.

Sanchez

Geno

Hackenberg

Darnold

Zach Wilson

All the same problem, and the fan base keeps attacking the symptom, until we address the problem, we will keep adding names to that list

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

IMG_0604.jpeg

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The OL being subpar or even 32nd in the league level bad doesn’t mean Zach is good.

You could give him the best OL in the league.  It wouldn’t magically morph him into a franchise QB.  He’d still be what he is.

By that sort of logic, Strev and Boyle and Josh Johnson should get another shot, too.  They played behind the same shoddy pass-protecting OL.

I agree with the premise and I think that ZW was atrocious his 1st 2 years in the league.  I thought he played much better last year though and we would've seen it in the stat sheet had he had a better supporting cast.  Again, I think people judged year 3 ZW based on years 1&2 ZW.

Josh Johnson was fine but Strev and Boyle are garbage.

21 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I blame the media for overhyping that crappy 2021 qb draft class to no end.  Not just Zach, who obviously should have been a 5th or 6th round pick, Fields was overhyped and holy cow Trey Lance barely played football and the people on tv who know everything acted like he was the next Warren Moon

Any non biased person knew Trevor was the only good qb in that draft class

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

That’s why woody loves him so much.  They are both dumb trust fund babies

Making the NFL is an incredible accomplishment.  Zach is no "trust fund baby".  Woody, on the other hand...

1 minute ago, August said:

QB tax is real. Teams will reach for QB’s. The equivalent of Zach for most other positions don’t get hyped up as first round picks. 

We could draft Penix then hold him hostage until the Seahawks give us a kings ransom for him

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

He's soft and spoiled 
"oh if you play me I'll get hurt" 
Then he fakes getting hurt 
Fakes ??? Dude you are embarrassing

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We could draft Penix then hold him hostage until the Seahawks give us a kings ransom for him
I've actually thought that .. do you think that would work ? You'd have to know 100% they cover him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, August said:

QB tax is real. Teams will reach for QB’s. The equivalent of Zach for most other positions don’t get hyped up as first round picks. 

This is why the most important thing a franchise can do is bring people in the building who know what they are doing at the QB position, period. All the rest is largely window dressing. 

Andy Reid always gets the right guy, its not luck, its knwoing what you are doing

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

There is no sense burning a pick to "stash" a guy on the practice squad.  To get on a practice squad, first you have to be cut and made available to the other 31 teams.  If you are going to do that, why waste the pick?  Just wait until the Jets mercifully cut him. <fingers crossed>

Exactly.  Who’s throwing away a pick on a player to stash on a practice squad where any team can then come in and take him away at no cost?

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This is the first logical thing you have ever posted on the ZW topic, the rest has been emotional temper tantrums.

Funny however that we get 30 pages of posts every time ZW is mentioned, yet very, very few on what is the ultimate problem that you mentioned above, which is 100% accurate.

This is why the fan base is stupid, they blame the symptoms rather than the problems. You can fix acute symptoms only temporarily, but if you don't address the problem, the symptoms keep coming back again and again and again.

Sanchez

Geno

Hackenberg

Darnold

Zach Wilson

All the same problem, and the fan base keeps attacking the symptom, until we address the problem, we will keep adding names to that list

The toxic fanbase?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree with the premise and I think that ZW was atrocious his 1st 2 years in the league.  I thought he played much better last year though and we would've seen it in the stat sheet had he had a better supporting cast.  Again, I think people judged year 3 ZW based on years 1&2 ZW.

I do think his footwork improved a little in year 3.  Fewer ugly backfoot heaves.

But he's fundamentally the same player.

He can't read the game like good QBs can.  He's inaccurate, flees clean pockets, doesn't take what the defense gives him, holds the ball too long, runs backwards instead of forwards, etc.

You bring up the Chiefs game at times, and he did resemble a competent NFL starter for much of that game.

But when an objectively bad MLB starting pitcher has an unexpectedly good to great outing, do you suddenly change your eval of the guy and decide he's a potential staff ace?  🤣

I think you judge on the overall body of work, and Zach's is objectively bad on Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf levels.

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

But when an objectively bad MLB starting pitcher has an unexpectedly good to great outing, do you suddenly change your eval of the guy and decide he's a potential staff ace?  🤣

Yes!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This is why the most important thing a franchise can do is bring people in the building who know what they are doing at the QB position, period. All the rest is largely window dressing. 

Andy Reid always gets the right guy, its not luck, its knwoing what you are doing

QB development matters. There is no “right guy”. They develop them. McNabb was developed, Mahomes was developed. 

53 minutes ago, August said:

QB development matters. There is no “right guy”. They develop them. McNabb was developed, Mahomes was developed. 

The Jets hired Zach’s personal coach. They bent over backwards to coddle him, mainly due to the owner. He’s also likely to be back on the roster when in reality he should be out of football. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, August said:

Its identification and development, they can't be separated. the right guys know how to do both. We never hire the right guys, so we always get sh*t results, than we bash the sh*t out of the young QB, rinse and repeat. thats why we can't have nice things, its not about luck, luck is not a strategy

20 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Its identification and development, they can't be separated. the right guys know how to do both. We never hire the right guys, so we always get sh*t results, than we bash the sh*t out of the young QB, rinse and repeat. thats why we can't have nice things, its not about luck, luck is not a strategy

The Jets miscalculated Wilson, his ability, and his desire to move across the country and step in and be a professional football player. That also doesn’t absolve Wilson of taking for granted the opportunity of getting selected second overall and being handed the starting job. He could have done a lot more. His inner circle was also an issue. Both sides are at fault. The Jets were afraid of giving him expectations or tough love (and we’ve speculated why) but everything Zach wanted he was basically given, including his personal coach on the staff and the firing of Lefleur.

• Upvote 1