Possible Suitor for Wilson

15 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Nobody wants Zach especially with the $11 million cap hit but even if he didn’t have that cap hit I don’t think on the open market he might get at most one or two contract offers at the league minimum to be a third stringer

15 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Let's.not pretend that our owner killed any possibility of a trade at the owners meeting.

Also ... Let's not forget that Zach is guaranteed a LOT more cashola than Mike McRibs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Are you guys sure about those numbers?  I thought the roster bonus was for the start of the league year and that ship has already sailed?  I also think that it is guaranteed and already included in what the Jets have paid.  Mike White is getting $3.5M plus another $1.7 in pro-rated signing bonus.  That doesn't seem that far from the $5.7M that Zach will get.  I'm not sure how Woody killed a trade.  It was common knowledge he was being shopped.  The guy being an idiot saying stupid things really should not have any effect on a trade.  Not if anybody actually wanted the kid.  

For comparison sake Mayfield, Geno and Daniel Jones are getting stupid money.  Minshew $12.5M, Darnold $10M, Brissett and Lance $8M, Mariota $6M, Stidham, Lock and Dalton $5M and Flacco $4.5M.  You are seriously still pointing to him as a valuable commodity?  With a straight face?

• Upvote 3

Zach wasn't a turnover machine. He either threw only one pick 6 or no pick 6s. It's to his credit. There seemed to be fixable errors in his game like running backwards that led to sacks. But he had plenty of opps and you're right all because he was an overall 2. But they did bench him in his second year and in a few games he wasn't activated. Overall he sucks. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach wasn't a turnover machine. He either threw only one pick 6 or no pick 6s. It's to his credit. 

He fumbled 11 times in 12 games in 2023 dude.

No, he didn't throw as many INTs in years 2 and 3 as he did as a rookie.  That was because he couldn't play his "preferred style" without throwing picks so the coaches had to adjust things.  You know, the thing @Dunnie is suggesting they didn't do for him.

If he tried to play like a gunslinger, he'd have been a pick machine without the productivity to go with it.  When he tried to play it safe, he fumbled by holding the ball too long and STILL couldn't produce. 

It was a no-win situation for any offensive coach who tried to work with him.

• Upvote 2

Not really true.  
Zach was 26th in the NFL at INT % in 2021.
He was 28th in the NFL in 2022.
And he was 15th in 2023.
He didn't throw a high quantity of INT's, because he didn't throw a high quantity of passes.
But the rate that he threw INT's was one of the worst int he NFL his first two years, with a marked improvement in 2023 to "middle of the road" class.
But he also fumbled a ton in 2023, 11 total fumbles (wasn't a huge issue in 2021 and 2022, 5 and 1 respectively) which offset that 2023 improvement in INT rate.
All told, Zach was one of the worst QB's in the NFL all three years in total turnover rate.  
Which is also true of almost all QB metrics for performance.  There is no silver lining to the Zach Wilson story, at least not in his stats.

Fair.

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
You, and several others here, absolutely emotionally invested in Zach.  You simped for him, you white-knighted for him, and you got upset and had to rush to his defense any time the community was critical of him.  It happens every time we draft a QB especially. 
Fans get all emo and obsessive about the player, instead of the good of the team.  Which is why the simp message has now changed from "Zach is good, really, how can you not see it, don't you remember that one game that one time!!!" which is demonstrably false, to "No QB could possibly have succeeded, every other aspect of the team is sh*t and that's why Zach failed".
It's just silly.  Zach sucks.  We can talk about other aspects, but when one can't just admit, without a dozen excusing caveats, that a guy who sucks, just sucks on his own merits, well....we might have an emo simp.  And you've definitely been one Dunnie, amongst others.
... fake news .. read my posts man ... I've moved on anyway ... What I DO find amusing is that it's the guys that can't stand Zach that are keeping these threads alive

• Post of the Week 1

The free market certainly ignored it (unlike with Darnold where it was a factor).  No one cares about a sh*tty QB’s plight.  And you keep ignoring the part about how no other Jets QB took anywhere close to as many sacks as Zach.
This is true, I think the main reason being that Zach held the ball WAY longer because he was a bit more athletic. Not ignoring anything.. just pointing out the situation sucked bad.

• Upvote 1

Once they decided to start him right away instead of sitting him, I wish they had just let him go out there and throw the ball all over the place. He would have thrown a ton more interceptions but at least it would have been more entertaining than what they ended up doing with him. They weren't winning anything his rookie year anyway. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

This is true, I think the main reason being that Zach held the ball WAY longer because he was a bit more athletic. Not ignoring anything.. just pointing out the situation sucked bad.

Then why did he constantly stand still like a doofus for 4 seconds only to take a strip sack?  If he had this supposed elite athleticism, f**king use it. 

And it shouldn't take a coach screaming at him to realize that, either.

• Upvote 1

I'd want to move on as well if I'd been as wrong headed as you folks, lol.
Dude .. there is absolutely nothing wrong with rooting for a rookie to succeed ... It's ok ... Some would say it's a higher plane of living. Remember that when the next kid is selected.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Dude .. there is absolutely nothing wrong with rooting for a rookie to succeed ... It's ok ... Some would say it's a higher plane of living. Remember that when the next kid is selected.

I always rooted for Zach when he was in there and some of the non-football sh*t he got ragged for bothered me. I had hopes for him and even this year I still clung to the tiniest bit of hope. 

After attending the Chargers game, I pretty much gave up on him. I just can't see him ever being good enough because he simply cannot read a defense. He's athletic and all, but he is just not a smart football QB. Could another team with a great roster scheme into a serviceable 1 read QB? Maybe. But after all these years of poor Jets QB play, I want more than that. I truly wish him the best but I'm just not seeing it. Once he's off the roster I won't give him another thought unless we end up playing against him.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Dude .. there is absolutely nothing wrong with rooting for a rookie to succeed ... It's ok ... Some would say it's a higher plane of living.

Denial of reality is no thing to be envied.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Remember that when the next kid is selected.

Oh, I'm sure you'll tell us all how amazing he is, no worries.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Denial of reality is no thing to be envied.

Oh, I'm sure you'll tell us all how amazing he is, no worries.

I admit .. i typically will give my support until it is clear and that all hope is lost ... for sure. 

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

But I have never seen OL play , or coaching this bad in 45 years.

we won 7 games each of the last 2 years and these are the worst you ever seen?...LMFAO.

so the 2-14 Gase team was better coached? how about the 1-15 and 3-13 kotite years?

i would argue this was one of the better coached teams. 

13 different starting OL combinations, most in the league. a QB room of Zach, Boyle and Sieman. what coach could do better? anyone you mention never had a QB room as bad as this.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I always rooted for Zach when he was in there and some of the non-football sh*t he got ragged for bothered me. I had hopes for him and even this year I still clung to the tiniest bit of hope. 

After attending the Chargers game, I pretty much gave up on him. I just can't see him ever being good enough because he simply cannot read a defense. He's athletic and all, but he is just not a smart football QB. Could another team with a great roster scheme into a serviceable 1 read QB? Maybe. But after all these years of poor Jets QB play, I want more than that. I truly wish him the best but I'm just not seeing it. Once he's off the roster I won't give him another thought unless we end up playing against him.

he took 8 sacks in that Charger game. Sieman took 2 sacks against the top defense of the Browns. but Dunnie thinks this is the worst OL he even seen. yet they only play bad with Zach.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

The part I don't get is: a dozen college games made a bunch of guys fall in love with the kid's abilities but somehow 30 plus games in the league isn't enough to wake some of the same ones to the fact that he can't hack football at this level. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, freestater said:

The part I don't get is: a dozen college games made a bunch of guys fall in love with the kid's abilities but somehow 30 plus games in the league isn't enough to wake some of the same ones to the fact that he can't hack football at this level. 

I think looking back, Zach’s rise wasn’t organic. Here’s an example of what I mean:

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, freestater said:

If COVID had never happened, ZW is probably never in the league, UDFA, or at best a day 3 pick.

This is him as a sophomore vs a ranked team

• Upvote 4

One of the best days I had visiting training camp at Hofstra when there were no fences , just a
20 person set of old wooden bleachers... Getting to see Lott and was able to get super close to practice... Totally different from the show they put on now.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Zach year 4 loading. Next countdown will be for the 5th year option.

Matt if they Keep Zach:  Conspiracy, Woody and Jet Blue/Neeleman for Rich People Politics!

Matt if they Trade Zach:  Conspiracy, Woody and Jet Blue/Neeleman for Rich People Politics!

Matt if they Cut Zach:  Conspiracy, Woody and Jet Blue/Neeleman for Rich People Politics!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Matt if they Keep Zach:  Conspiracy, Woody and Jet Blue/Neeleman for Rich People Politics!

Matt if they Trade Zach:  Conspiracy, Woody and Jet Blue/Neeleman for Rich People Politics!

Matt if they Cut Zach:  Conspiracy, Woody and Jet Blue/Neeleman for Rich People Politics!

the "conspiracy" that rich people help their friends? 

meanwhile it's just as ludicrous that Zach Wilson got to #2 in the draft based on Merit and JD being a dummy 

people don't get jobs through postings on Linked in  they get jobs through their uncle's friends 

that's the way it's been since money was invented. Probably before 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

meanwhile it's just as ludicrous that Zach Wilson got to #2 in the draft based on Merit and JD being a dummy 

people don't get jobs through postings on Linked in  they get jobs through their uncle's friends 

When you start with a fixed position, and make/interpret any new data to fit that fixed position, you might be a conspiracy theorist (or a religious zealot, basically the same thing). 

As I said, in this circumstance, it won't really matter what the Jets do with Zach, you and Matt will say "see, this proves my fixed position was 100% right all along".

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

They’re keeping him though.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As I said, in this circumstance, it won't really matter what the Jets do with Zach, you and Matt will say "see, this proves my fixed position was 100% right all along".

well the position that he's a borderline 3rd-4th round prospect not a 2 overall pick did age well 

for whatever the reason 

he shouldn't be on the roster right now, teams eat cap hits all the time 

it was the worst draft pick in the history of the franchise and somehow he's still here 

I don't think it's nuts to want to understand how it happened 

but you're right we'll never know for sure 

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah the Bronny James example is basically what happened with Zach

• Upvote 1