Possible Suitor for Wilson

On 4/10/2024 at 6:50 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

He's thrown 23 total touchdown passes in three years.

To put that in perspective, 14 QBs threw 23+ TDs last season alone.  3 of those (R. Wilson, Stafford, Stroud) did it in just 15 games.

This is what's wrong with the microwave generation, they want everything instantly!

Take your V-googles off and see that it's the fault of every thing around him!

And @T0mShane

• Haha 2

On 4/10/2024 at 6:41 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Not to mention, the following teams all seem to be looking pretty satisfied with their QB rooms with, at minimum, their QB2 spots well-filled with trustworthy options and/or several filling their QB3 slots as well:

• Bills:  Josh Allen, Trubisky
  • Dolphins:  Tua, Mike White, Skylar Thompson
  • Patriots:  Brissett, Zappe
  • Ravens:  Lamar, Josh Johnson
  • Bengals:  Burrow, Jake Browning
  • Browns:  Watson, Winston
  • Steelers:  R. Wilson, Fields, Kyle Allen
  • Texans:  Stroud, Davis Mills, Keenum, Tim Boyle
  • Colts:  Anthony Richardson, Flacco, Sam Ehlinger
  • Jaguars:  Lawrence, Mac Jones, CJ Beathard
  • Titans:  Levis, Mason Rudolph, Malik Willis
  • Chiefs:  Mahomes, Wentz, Ian Book
  • Raiders:  O'Connell, Minshew, Anthony Brown
  • Chargers:  Herbert, Easton Stick, Max Duggan
  • Cowboys:  Dak, Cooper Rush, Trey Lance
  • Giants:  D. Jones, Drew Lock, DeVito
  • Eagles:  Hurts, Kenny Pickett, Will Grier/Tanner McKee
  • Washington:  Mariota, Jeff Driskel, Jake Fromm
  • Lions:  Goff, Hendon Hooker, Nate Sudfeld
  • Vikings:  Darnold, Nick Mullens, Jaren Hall
  • Falcons:  Cousins, Heinicke
  • Panthers:  B. Young, Dalton
  • Bucs:  Mayfield, Kyle Trask, John Wolford
  • Saints:  Carr, Jake Haener, Peterman
  • Cardinals:  Murray, Desmond Ridder, Clayton Tune
  • Rams:  Stafford, Jimmy G, Stetson Bennett
  • 49ers:  Purdy, Josh Dobbs, Brandon Allen
  • Seahawks:  G. Smith, Sam Howell

Tack on the teams that will add QBs in the draft, and some adding alternative vet QBs yet to be signed (Tannehill, Gabbert, Hoyer, etc), and just how many teams are there that are going to be looking for a QB3 like Zach?  Denver and maybe Chicago?

You are comparing apples and oranges.

None of those teams, none of those players, had to deal with the fact that Namath made a deal with the devil.

Not even Superman could bail out the Jets.

Your expectations for Zach are unreasonable.

They are not based in reality.

You are not a serious person.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

This is the daily reminder thread that Zach wilson is a bum 

The underlying complaint in this thread isn’t so much that Zach sucks, but that the organization’s drafting and handling of Zach Wilson reveals the deep ineptitude of everyone in that building. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The underlying complaint in this thread isn’t so much that Zach sucks, but that the organization’s drafting and handling of Zach Wilson reveals the deep ineptitude of everyone in that building. 

Bronny James you could at least rationalize

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 4/6/2024 at 5:29 AM, T0mShane said:

Me waking up on a Saturday: Ahhhh, it is Spring. What fresh new day awaits? I can do anything! Take the bike out? Go to the park! Try that new restaurant! Take a ride and grab lunch in the city? Read a book? Work on my memoir! Chest and tri’s at the gym! Embrace the day and not waste another second of my life on trivial things

<thirty seconds later, looks at phone and sees @Jetsfan80 has bumped this thread>

Me: HAHA HELL YEAH ZACH WILSON HAS NO TRADE MARKET. JAMAL ADAMS IS STILL ON THE STREET HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable luncheon!

Principal Skinner Ok GIF

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Speak for yourself.  Zach sucks.

• Haha 4

On 4/9/2024 at 7:59 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

No one wants him dude.  Someone will take a flyer and put him on a practice squad but that doesn't mean he's "wanted".  And a guy who doesn't like football much who is a roster stash will never get another shot as an NFL QB1 again.  This redemption story is not coming, dude.  It's over.  He's basically a QB4 who will be treated as a QB3 purely based on his draft slot.

So no one wants him, no one thinks he’s a player is going to trade a pick, anything, to stash him on their practice squad?  
Sure they are. 

Imagine the death stares from Malik Nabers when it’s 3rd and 5 and ZW is bouncing passes out there like he’s John Stockton
How many bounce passes did Zach throw last year ? Must have been innumerable ... I think I know
.... But I'll let you figure it out on your own.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 3

On 4/13/2024 at 12:44 AM, T0mShane said:

Not saying you're wrong, but in their defense, there isn't a team, planet, or parallel dimension which zach succeeds on. He's a bust of epic proportion.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

From “bidding war!” to “of COURSE a team will want him on their practice squad HATER!” 

Man, it’s tough out here in these Zach-fan streets. 

Can all but guarantee the next time Saleh is asked about Zach he’s going to say Zach’s welcome back if he wants to be here.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Imagine the death stares from Malik Nabers when it’s 3rd and 5 and ZW is bouncing passes out there like he’s John Stockton 😂

are we planning on both Rodgers and Taylor getting hurt already? if they do, does it really matter who comes in 3rd striing?

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

How many bounce passes did Zach throw last year ? Must have been innumerable ... I think I know
.... But I'll let you figure it out on your own.

Imagine thinking it's tremendous "progress" for a pro QB to no longer bounce pass screen passes by his 3rd year.

23 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So no one wants him, no one thinks he’s a player is going to trade a pick, anything, to stash him on their practice squad?  
Sure they are. 

There is no sense burning a pick to "stash" a guy on the practice squad.  To get on a practice squad, first you have to be cut and made available to the other 31 teams.  If you are going to do that, why waste the pick?  Just wait until the Jets mercifully cut him. <fingers crossed>

The worst part of Zach wilson is his character 

He told the media he'd make the next qb life a living hell 

He threw his defense under the bus in new England 

He faked a concussion, quit on his team (!) and went back to Utah the last month of the season 

No one likes him, no one vouches for him, and no one wants this cancer in their locker room 

Does this guy even like football? 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He faked a concussion, quit on his team (!) and went back to Utah the last month of the season 

No one likes him, no one vouches for him, and no one wants this cancer in their locker room 

Ridiculous

It was sort of like saying "I'm going to keep my spirits up and give it my all".  That's exactly the attitude we should want our players to have.

No he didn't.  He gave a dumb answer there but it wasn't malicious

Uhm...

image.gif.d8dc1159fa696cec82d714fa36945b0b.gif

Impossible to say but my hunch is there might be some truth to his teammates not liking him (or feeling he was entitled) but I think he gained some acceptance in his 3rd season.

I would assume so.  Why would you say otherwise?  Though, tbf, IIRC Curtis Martin said he didn't like football.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

would assume so.  Why would you say otherwise?  

Oh I don't know 

Maybe that time the Jets wanted him to start qb 1 and he said no because "he was scared of getting hurt" and then the coaches had to berate him into it? 

He's a football player who is turning down opportunities to play football

No one wants a guy like that in their franchise 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

Oh I don't know 

Maybe that time the Jets wanted him to start qb 1 and he said no because "he was scared of getting hurt" and then the coaches had to berate him into it? 

He's a football player who is turning down opportunities to play football

No one wants a guy like that in their franchise 

I don't think that means he doesn't like playing football.  And he turned out to be correct, btw.  He got killed in that Dolphins game.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Uhm...

image.gif.d8dc1159fa696cec82d714fa36945b0b.gif

He was dehydrated. Then he said he had a headache for a month. That's basically calling a sick out in nfl terms 

By the way getting hurt (even legitimately isn't a reason to ship all your furniture back to Utah and leave the team with 3 games left in the season 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think that means he doesn't like playing football.  And he turned out to be correct, btw.  He got killed in that Dolphins game.

He's soft and spoiled 

"oh if you play me I'll get hurt" 

Then he fakes getting hurt 

• Haha 1