Possible Suitor for Wilson

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Time for you Zach homers to admit no one wants Zach Wilson as their QB2, even if the Jets were to eat some of the remaining money in the process.

And let’s not gloss over some of the QB2s out there that Zach apparently can’t be bothered to be brought in to compete with for said QB2 jobs:

* Mike White (MIA)

* Josh Johnson (BAL)

* Jake Browning (CIN)

* Jarrett Stidham/Ben DiNucci (DEN)

* Easton Stick (LAC)

* Jeff Driskel (WSH)

* Brett Rypien (CHI)

* Sean Clifford/Alex McGough (GB)

* Jake Haener/Nathan Peterman (NO)

And it’ll only get worse for him after the draft.  

The entire league, collectively, has said “We’re good.”  # 2 overall pick.

Nobody wants Zach especially with the $11 million cap hit but even if he didn’t have that cap hit I don’t think on the open market he might get at most one or two contract offers at the league minimum to be a third stringer

• Upvote 2

Time for you Zach homers to admit no one wants Zach Wilson as their QB2, even if the Jets were to eat some of the remaining money in the process.
And let’s not gloss over some of the QB2s out there that Zach apparently can’t be bothered to be brought in to compete with for said QB2 jobs:
* Mike White (MIA)
* Josh Johnson (BAL)
* Jake Browning (CIN)
* Easton Stick (LAC)
* Jeff Driskel (WSH)
* Brett Rypien (CHI)

Let's.not pretend that our owner killed any possibility of a trade at the owners meeting.

Also ... Let's not forget that Zach is guaranteed a LOT more cashola than Mike McRibs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

* Mike White (MIA)

* Josh Johnson (BAL)

* Jake Browning (CIN)

* Easton Stick (LAC)

* Jeff Driskel (WSH)

* Brett Rypien (CHI)

Not to wail away on a dead horse here, but the PFF Pod just did a long interview with one of the Bears old personnel execs regarding the Justin Fields pick and the process that led up to it, and the dude offered up unsolicited that he was glad the Jets locked into Zach super early because there was a serious divide between the Bears coaches and personnel dept over whether Zach was worth picking. Doesn’t specify which side was which, but seems to suggest that the personnel guys were out-out on Wilson and they were going to have to talk the coaching staff out of it. Worth noting because, as we’re seeing, there doesn’t seem to be much debate about Zach Wilson anymore and nobody wants to make the same mistake Douglas did. 

Fifty minute mark:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-pff-nfl-podcast/id913714358?i=1000651324679

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Let's.not pretend that our owner killed any possibility of a trade at the owners meeting.

Also ... Let's not forget that Zach is guaranteed a LOT more cashola than Mike McRibs.

it wasnt the owner or the money. it was that he has a year left on his contract. why trade anything for a guy who is a FA next year when that guy is nothing more than a 3rd QB or PS QB. 

like 80 said nobody looks at him as a #2. nobody gives up anything in a trade for a #3. 

• Post of the Week 1

Zach's cap hit to a new team is not $11mm.  It is a $5.5mm salary, if a team agrees to pay it. 

If Zach is on a roster the minimum salary is $1.1mm.   Brock Purdy got picked with a 7th round compensatory draft pick.  No team is giving up a draft pick for Zach Wilson if he is going to be cut. 

I do think Zach may be better than some QB2s on rosters, as sad as that is.  A bunch of QBs will get drafted who look better than Zach. 

I would like to know what Zach has been doing the last 3+ months to improve his craft.  

The Jets can cut Zach and save as an offset whatever he is paid on a practice squad, possibly moved up to a 53.  

If Rodgers gets hurt, it is 50/50 Taylor gets hurt right behind. If Woody is paying $5.5mm for Zach in 2024, I would just keep him and torture him and then he can sign as a FA in 2025.  Maybe he shows some progress and someone pays him a little more.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I believe I accounted for that when I said teams still don’t want him even if the Jets eat much of that money.  There should be no doubt this isn’t the finances talking any longer.  Douglas would eat some of the money if it meant getting even a 6th/7th rounder.  

It isn’t the money or what Woody said.  He sucks.  And in addition to his suckitude, there seems to be additional qualities he has that turns teams off (unlike even a mush like Darnold).  

He’s a QB3 and it’s time you and @TuscanyTile2 give up on the idea of him having some sweet redemption story with the Niners.  QB3s get put on practice squads then get shoved out of the league in short order.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I believe I accounted for that when I said teams still don’t want him even if the Jets eat much of that money.  There should be no doubt this isn’t the finances talking any longer.  Douglas would eat some of the money if it meant getting even a 6th/7th rounder.  

It isn’t the money or what Woody said.  He sucks.  And in addition to his suckitude, there seems to be additional qualities he has that turns teams off (unlike even a mush like Darnold).  

He’s a QB3 and it’s time you and @TuscanyTile2 give up on the idea of him having some sweet redemption story with the Niners.  QB3s get put on practice squads then get shoved out of the league in short order.  

i agree with all of this, except to note that there are alot of QB3s lingering around the NFL for a long time, on practice squads.  How long as was Streveler lingering around?

The NFL is going to welcome 10+ new QBs this season.  That probably means that 10 QBs, like Streveler last year, will be moving on.   It is very possible that Zach Wilson may be on his last leg.  JD's pick of Zach Wilson with the second pick of the draft was an EPICALLY bad draft pick, regardless of whether Charlie Casserly or the Bears said that others through Zach was a first round player.  I think he is done, and I feel bad for his brother-Zach's taint may rub off on his as he starts his freshman year at Utah this season. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

plus if i can add to this P.S QBs get no special attention. so anyone who thinks he will go to SF or the Rams and Shannahan or McKay will work with him there are wrong. these guys has to give up all of their time for the starters. P.S guys have to do it on there own.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, varjet said:

i agree with all of this, except to note that there are alot of QB3s lingering around the NFL for a long time, on practice squads.  How long as was Streveler lingering around?

Right but they only tend to hang around on teams for as long as their cheap contract allows them to.  Streveler was only here for as long as we could keep him on a dirt cheap “futures” deal.  Once they accrue enough time they no longer are as cheap.

Zach Wilson won’t be a “cheap” QB3 so his chances of hanging around the league for a while hang on whether he can cut it as a QB2.

13 minutes ago, doitny said:

plus if i can add to this P.S QBs get no special attention. so anyone who thinks he will go to SF or the Rams and Shannahan or McKay will work with him there are wrong. these guys has to give up all of their time for the starters. P.S guys have to do it on their own.

BUT HE JUST NEEDS TEH GOOD DEVELOPMENT 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Did you happen to notice this offseason that JD overhauled 3/5 of the OL and added Mike Williams in place of our punt returner as the WR2? 

All of that was done for a HOF QB. 

But people were unhappy that ZW had trouble winning with the absolute crapola that JD left behind?!

• Upvote 1

Did you happen to notice this offseason that JD overhauled 3/5 of the OL and added Mike Williams in place of our punt returner as the WR2? 
But people were unhappy that ZW had trouble winning with the absolute crapola that JD left behind?!
It's gonna fall on deaf ears brah ...just accept it and move on ... He might get another shot ... Might not ... Facts don't matter any longer in today's world.

Zach failed in an impossible situation... But he still failed ....fairness has nothing to do with it.

Not worth the time right now really.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

dude it was all Zach.

how come the OL played better with Sieman? same OL. Zach sack % was double that of Siemans. same OL. his Pressure % was much higher than Siemans too.

same last year with Flacco and White.

Corey Davis and Alan Lazard were pretty good until they came here. Lazard went from catching 60% to 40% of the balls thrown to him. Davis went from 70% to 56%. even GW catches 56% of the balls thrown to him.

the common denominator is Zach Wilson. he holds the ball too long causing his OL to hold blocks longer than they should and making his throws late and not on target.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

47 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What did Darnold have.  And which was the better QB here.  

# 2 overall picks have ended up at worse destinations and had far more success in NFL history.  Zach isn’t special in the “bad circumstances” sweepstakes, which weren’t even all that bad here.

And there’s also a reason why every Jet QB not named Zach had a sack rate twice as low from 2021-23.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It's gonna fall on deaf ears brah ...just accept it and move on ... He might get another shot ... Might not ... Facts don't matter any longer in today's world.

Zach failed in an impossible situation... But he still failed ....fairness has nothing to do with it.

Not worth the time right now really.

“Impossible” situation.  Lmao.  Same situation where 3 other QBs passed for 100 more yards per game.  Soooo impossible.  

Zach made his own situation impossible by sucking harder than Ryan Leaf.  He had Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, an elite D, and an OL that had him in the upper half in pocket time much of his career.  Young QBs have come into the league and thrived despite having much less around them.  

He sucks, and the whole league knows it.  But I guess you 2 know far better than the free market, huh.  

• Upvote 2

“Impossible” situation.  Lmao.  Same situation where 3 other QBs passed for 100 more yards per game.  Soooo impossible.  
Zach made his own situation impossible by sucking harder than Ryan Leaf.  He had Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, an elite D, and an OL that had him in the upper half in pocket time much of his career.  Young QBs have come into the league and thrived despite having much less around them.  
He sucks, and the whole league knows it.  But I guess you 2 know far better than the free market, huh.  

?
If you want to ignore the reality of the situation... the fact that the entire planet earth understands the trash the Jets fielded at OL last year ... That is totally your prerogative.

I think ZW had adequate chances with the Jets to show what he has 33 starts and bottom line was he was unsuccessful. And basically all teams had major injuries esp to Oline. How many games esp in last half of season did teams even start players who weren't even on the roster or any roster the previous week. So I don't buy blaming it on that. But Zach isn't the zero player the haters say he is. That's just NT. The real test is how he plays with another team. First he has to get that chance. 

• Sympathy 1

I think ZW had adequate chances with the Jets to show what he has 33 starts and bottom line was he was unsuccessful. And basically all teams had major injuries esp to Oline. How many games esp in last half of season did teams even start players who weren't even on the roster or any roster the previous week. So I don't buy blaming it on that. But Zach isn't the zero player the haters say he is. That's just NT. The real test is how he plays with another team. First he has to get that chance. 
Essentially how I feel ... I said he failed here regardless of the situation... But you cannot ignore the crap around him that factors into that failure.

I agree ... The truth comes at his next stop.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I mean ok but how much worse would a #2 overall pick have to perform for him to be considered a clear and obvious bust?

ZW’s stats are in Jamarcus Russell territory.

The eye test results are just as bad.

I already knew ZW was bad but I was absolutely horrified seeing him in person for the first time in Denver in ‘22.

He was worse than Brett Rypien, totally embarrassing.  Couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn and had no clue what he was looking at.

I’d venture to say those who witnessed him live in the rain on TNF vs Jags would concur.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

If you want to ignore the reality of the situation... the fact that the entire planet earth understands the trash the Jets fielded at OL last year ... That is totally your prerogative.

The problem you're having is that you seem to be mentally locked in that suck is an either or thing. It's not. Both the OL and Zach can suck at the same time.

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Well than Jets are going to be 4 - 13.  

that's certainly possible.  At least I admit the team's deficiencies.  You come in here EVERY YEAR spreading bullcrap around.  You know, as well as everyone else here, that the Raiduhs are horrendous and will be lucky to place ahead of the Chargers this season.  Just say it: "my Raiders are awful"   It will release the demons.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Essentially how I feel ... I said he failed here regardless of the situation... But you cannot ignore the crap around him that factors into that failure.

I agree ... The truth comes at his next stop.

Where we know you’ll be rooting for him hard. Even if it’s a rival or hurts the Jets.

The problem is not so much your obvious failure at evaluation while Zach was playing, but your overly emotional investment in the player. 

Root the laundry, not the player. When you do, it’s far easier to see a problem as a problem. But when you go full emo about some kid, every kid, youre going to have issues.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Every time I see this thread I click on it hoping to see which team will finally step up and end this Zach Wilson nightmare. I should know better...

I propose we change the title of this thread to Waiting for Godot.

• Haha 2

Where we know you’ll be rooting for him hard. Even if it’s a rival or hurts the Jets.
The problem is not so much your obvious failure at evaluation while Zach was playing, but your overly emotional investment in the player. 
Root the laundry, not the player. When you do, it’s far easier to see a problem as a problem. But when you go full emo about some kid, every kid, youre going to have issues.
I never was attached to Zach ... I was fighting against the ridiculous notion he was put in position to succeed ... The amount of misguided blame was unbearable ... He did not play well for 90% of his snaps ... No doubt ... But I have never seen OL play , or coaching this bad in 45 years.

I always root for laundry ... Doesn't mean I won't rail against the overzealous misguided mob.

Dude had a live arm and needed coaching development he never got ... He didn't pick himself no. 2.

My guess is he gets one more shot somewhere... Could equally be done ... Joining the roadkill pile of QBs generated by this franchise.

The problem you're having is that you seem to be mentally locked in that suck is an either or thing. It's not. Both the OL and Zach can suck at the same time.
This is true. But when one is responsible for the greater chance of success of the other ... They are linked.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dunnie said:

?

The free market certainly ignored it (unlike with Darnold where it was a factor).  No one cares about a sh*tty QB’s plight.  And you keep ignoring the part about how no other Jets QB took anywhere close to as many sacks as Zach.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This is true. But when one is responsible for the greater chance of success of the other ... They are linked.

He sucked even when he had time bro.  

• Upvote 1

Look if you're going to evaluate Zach just on his draft position overall 2 he'll never live up to that. And neither will most players drafted that high. So just rate him on his success or lack of success. I mean we all saw a weak offense under ZW for various reasons incl him. Long periods in games when the team could not score points, 3 and outs etc. I think the pluses with Zach is his athletic ability and we saw it making plays the ability to bring a team back quickly. As a starter we just never saw a sustained consistent offense at this point he's not a capable NFL starter. But imo he can play QB in this league and players have turned things around before.  

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look if you're going to evaluate Zach just on his draft position overall 2 he'll never live up to that. And neither will most players drafted that high. So just rate him on his success or lack of success. I mean we all saw a weak offense under ZW for various reasons incl him. Long periods in games when the team could not score points, 3 and outs etc. I think the pluses with Zach is his athletic ability and we saw it making plays the ability to bring a team back quickly. As a starter we just never saw a sustained consistent offense at this point he's not a capable NFL starter. But imo he can play QB in this league and players have turned things around before.  

If he wasn't a high pick he wouldn't have kept getting chances to suck that bad, so it doesn't work like that.  And in any case he sucked by any standard.

46 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

emoji1787.png I never was attached to Zach ...

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

You, and several others here, absolutely emotionally invested in Zach.  You simped for him, you white-knighted for him, and you got upset and had to rush to his defense any time the community was critical of him.  It happens every time we draft a QB especially. 

Fans get all emo and obsessive about the player, instead of the good of the team.  Which is why the simp message has now changed from "Zach is good, really, how can you not see it, don't you remember that one game that one time!!!" which is demonstrably false, to "No QB could possibly have succeeded, every other aspect of the team is sh*t and that's why Zach failed".

It's just silly.  Zach sucks.  We can talk about other aspects, but when one can't just admit, without a dozen excusing caveats, that a guy who sucks, just sucks on his own merits, well....we might have an emo simp.  And you've definitely been one Dunnie, amongst others.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1