Mac Jones traded to Jacksonville

Because Woody isn’t going to eat the money and Zach will ask to be back. That’s what I think is going to happen. The Jets will sign Tannehill for the vet minimum to be the #2.
What do you mean "eat the money?" The money is spent, Chief.
  • Upvote 1

Just now, bicketybam said:
35 minutes ago, Matt39 said:
Because Woody isn’t going to eat the money and Zach will ask to be back. That’s what I think is going to happen. The Jets will sign Tannehill for the vet minimum to be the #2.

What do you mean "eat the money?" The money is spent, Chief.

Paying him to play elsewhere or sit at home. Woody isn’t going to do that and sever the relationship. 

19 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Once they don’t find a trade partner I hope they cut him. 

he should not be on this roster in any way shape or form. I’d rather pay him his 11 mill to just go away. 

I think that's what's going to happen.

• Upvote 2

Paying him to play elsewhere or sit at home. Woody isn’t going to do that and sever the relationship. 
It was severed when he declared the Jets didn't have a backup QB last year. Man you are dense as ****.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think that's what's going to happen.

Zero percent chance. He would have been released already. Zach’s been  “seeking”a trade for over 2 months now. He’s going to be back on the roster. I’m all but sure now with this trade. You have to also consider how unserious of a franchise this is.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, bicketybam said:
3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It was severed when he declared the Jets didn't have a backup QB last year. Man you are dense as ****.

lol. Zach Wilson is under contract with the Jets for at least the next season. Thank the owner.

• Haha 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Zero percent chance. He would have been released already. Zach’s been  “seeking”a trade for over 2 months now. He’s going to be back on the roster. I’m all but sure now with this trade. You have to also consider how unserious of a franchise this is.

Also don’t discount the possibility they trade him in training camp, for a conditional something.  But come opening day i doubt he’s even on the PS.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Also don’t discount the possibility they trade him in training camp, for a conditional something.  But come opening day i doubt he’s even on the PS.

The Jets understood his market was zero. The intent was to always have him back on the roster. Woodys comments were purposeful. The folks here who can’t believe it will be telling themselves in a month it’s the right move. Football guy got banned but he was telling us this was the case. Granted the Jets are fools and he was peddling their foolish nonsense, but they want Zach on the roster.

• WTF? 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

The Jets understood his market was zero. The intent was to always have him back on the roster. Woodys comments were purposeful. The folks here who can’t believe it will be telling themselves in a month it’s the right move.

I think the intent was two fold, first, to see if Wilson’s camp could broker any trade that would net the jets anything at all, and second, to demonstrate to Wilson’s team that his MV = 0.0.  Woody has gone on record saying they need a backup qb, and let’s assume they obtain one.  Then at best ZW is #3 if they don’t draft anyone else.  If the jets drafted, say, pratt, pratt would be the #3 if they signed a guy like brissett, and could even wind up playing games well before wilson dresses. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s funny that belichick wins all those super bowls and divisions and then can’t survive drafting Mac jones, yet saleh and jd can seemingly whiff on zach wilson and survive it. 

Because somehow the owner and fans convinced themselves these clowns deserve another shot with rodgers when they have done nothing to prove that they deserve this shot

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets understood his market was zero. The intent was to always have him back on the roster. Woodys comments were purposeful. The folks here who can’t believe it will be telling themselves in a month it’s the right move. Football guy got banned but he was telling us this was the case. Granted the Jets are fools and he was peddling their foolish nonsense, but they want Zach on the roster.

Man, you’re really gonna look silly when the Great Bidding War of 2024™️ gets going.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Man, you’re really gonna look silly when the Great Bidding War of 2024™️ gets going.  

You can’t bid for a player who’s on scholarship and gets whatever he wants already. What situation is better for Zach than the Jets? There are no expectations here to do anything.

• Upvote 2

Seems like: QB1 Aaron Rodgers, QB2 Tannehill, then either Zack or rookie QB with our 4/5th round draft pick. If Jets get no trade offers, Jets may wait until after the draft to cut ZW, depending on what QB is (or isn't) available later in the draft. 

Zack's already bought and paid for, with his 4th year guaranteed, so probably doesn't matter when we cut him. If he's somehow still on the team come TC/Pre Season games, there's always a team or two who lose their QB, so there might be a mini-spike we could ship him out on. That time of year teams panic, and convince themselves of some crazy sh*t.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the intent was two fold, first, to see if Wilson’s camp could broker any trade that would net the jets anything at all, and second, to demonstrate to Wilson’s team that his MV = 0.0.  Woody has gone on record saying they need a backup qb, and let’s assume they obtain one.  Then at best ZW is #3 if they don’t draft anyone else.  If the jets drafted, say, pratt, pratt would be the #3 if they signed a guy like brissett, and could even wind up playing games well before wilson dresses. 

The Jets will likely sign an over the hill vet at a low cost so Wilson’s salary doesn’t crater the QB room. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets will likely sign an over the hill vet at a low cost so Wilson’s salary doesn’t crater the QB room. 

True.  And at this point, i really could care less who it is, as long as they don’t suck.  

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

True.  And at this point, i really could care less who it is, as long as they don’t suck.  

Yeah same. I think Tannehill is completely washed but other than him- whoever. Minshew or Brissett are not coming to the Jets. Taylor Heinecke, Tyrod are fine. Wentz. The backups here to play if Rodgers has to miss a few weeks. The issue with last season was it was week one and Woodys unwavering commitment to Zach.

Weird trade.  Obviously Generational Lawrence isnt very good but still weird.  Jones if from Jax, so maybe there is something to that but I do commend the Jags for not treating Lawrence w/ kid gloves like the Jets do w/ Wilson at every turn.

• Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

If he's worth only a 6th then Zach is worthless, which we kind of already knew. You can do worse for a backup then Mac Jones.

I agree. I would take Mac Jones over Zack. I find it hard to believe that Zach will draw much trade interest. The Jets may have to cut him instead.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You can’t bid for a player who’s on scholarship and gets whatever he wants already. What situation is better for Zach than the Jets? There are no expectations here to do anything.

To be clear, any narrative that Zach wants to return to the Jets is insane. He basically told the Jets to f*ck off last year when they asked him to play.

I have a hard time believing he’ll be on the roster next year (after exhausting all options I think they’ll cut him — I think there’s a chance they attach an asset to move him too) but there’s no way returning to the Jets is something Zach’s camp wants. They want the hell out of here as much as most Jets fans want him gone.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

To be clear, any narrative that Zach wants to return to the Jets is insane. He basically told the Jets to f*ck off last year when they asked him to play.

I have a hard time believing he’ll be on the roster next year (after exhausting all options I think they’ll cut him — I think there’s a chance they attach an asset to move him too) but there’s no way returning to the Jets is something Zach’s camp wants. They want the hell out of here as much as most Jets fans want him gone.

I think Zach wants to be where he’s most comfortable. In terms of destinations, that’s going to be the Jets. Perhaps they can figure out a way to IR him and he can get a  true gap year and hang in Utah and figure out his next move. The challenges right now, IMO, is the places he wants to go don’t want him but he also doesn’t want to be released. 

I think Zach wants to be where he’s most comfortable. In terms of destinations, that’s going to be the Jets. Perhaps they can figure out a way to IR him and he can get a  true gap year and hang in Utah and figure out his next move. The challenges right now, IMO, is the places he wants to go don’t want him but he also doesn’t want to be released. 

His money is guaranteed — he 100% wants to be released to choose his landing spot. He told the Jets he’ll never take another snap for them. He wants to collect Woodys money while sitting as third string for the 9ers or something.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

His money is guaranteed — he 100% wants to be released to choose his landing spot. He told the Jets he’ll never take another snap for them. He wants to collect Woodys money while sitting as third string for the 9ers or something.

If that were the case he’d be cut already. 

13 minutes ago, Jets and Redskins said:

Jags need a back up Qb. Jones can do that. Cost them playoffs last year.

CJ Beathard won his only start and is better than Mac Jones.  The Jags lost the playoffs because Lawrences stinks and their Defense was soft.  This is a weird trade.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

This trade makes getting a 2nd and then some for Darnold a couple years ago seem even more like a damn miracle.

I think it emphasizes what some of us have said all along — that Zach is awful and much worse (in production and attitude) than your run of the mill bust.

• Upvote 1

If that were the case he’d be cut already. 

Why? They’re going to exhaust every option.

This trade sets the market and likely dooms them, but I’m sure the goal was to recoup something for him.

If he’s still on the team after the draft I’ll be surprised.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think it emphasizes what some of us have said all along — that Zach is awful and much worse (in production and attitude) than your run of the mill bust.

I agree but I think it’s this mixed with Carolina’s 2022 regime being absolute desperate morons

1 minute ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

I agree but I think it’s this mixed with Carolina’s 2022 regime being absolute desperate morons

That was a bad trade by Carolina (obviously) but I think there was way more of a reason to be optimistic about Darnold in 2021 than there is to be optimistic about Wilson in 2024.

• Upvote 2