Mac Jones traded to Jacksonville

Just now, bicketybam said:
3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:
Welcome home Zach!!

I don't see how this all of a sudden makes Zach Wilson worth a roster spot, but ok.

Because Woody isn’t going to eat the money and Zach will ask to be back. That’s what I think is going to happen. The Jets will sign Tannehill for the vet minimum to be the #2.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Meanwhile, at 1JD they’re still having meetings about Zach’s fragility and the star studded career he’s on the cusp of.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the Patriots let Mac Jones pick his trade destination. They just took what they could get. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because Woody isn’t going to eat the money and Zach will ask to be back. That’s what I think is going to happen. The Jets will sign Tannehill for the vet minimum to be the #2.

I really think that ship has sailed.  Even woody must realize that it’s worth it to have him gone. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

And some people here think jets could get a 3rd or 4th for Zach Wilson lol

I would hope this news help cure them of that idea.

Zach is almost assuredly either A. going to be released or B. kept as the Jets #3 (or heaven forbid, #2).

I think he gets released, personally.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I really think that ship has sailed.  Even woody must realize that it’s worth it to have him gone. 

Woody had him starting all season. You think he had a change of heart over the last month or so? I don’t care what he says, see what the Jets do. They aren’t going to cut him.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Zach is almost assuredly either A. going to be released or B. kept as the Jets #3 (or heaven forbid, #2).

Once they don’t find a trade partner I hope they cut him. 

he should not be on this roster in any way shape or form. I’d rather pay him his 11 mill to just go away. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think the whole ‘giving wilson permission to seek a trade’ is a subtle way of having his handlers learn the hard way that there’s no market for him whatsoever.  Maybe the jets can trade him to move up a round or so.  Maybe.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If he's worth only a 6th then Zach is worthless, which we kind of already knew. You can do worse for a backup than Mac Jones.

All the sane fans here already knew this lol. In order to get a 6th or 7th round pick for Zach, we will have to trade him along with a 3rd rounder 🙈

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the whole ‘giving wilson permission to seek a trade’ is a subtle way of having his handlers learn the hard way that there’s no market for him whatsoever.  Maybe the jets can trade him to move up a round or so.  Maybe.  

“ Maybe “ as in not a chance in hell ha. I’m sure teams would take him for basically nothing if woody ate most of his salary. Some team will park him at the number 3. But definitely not for 5.5 mil 

• Upvote 1