Mac Jones traded to Jacksonville

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The right football move is releasing Wilson. 

There’s no reason or advantage to releasing him other than to not hear the whining about him not having been released or that he’ll be a Jet this season.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There’s no reason or advantage to releasing him other than to not hear the whining about him not having been released or that he’ll be a Jet this season.

Why do you think the Broncos released Russell Wilson?

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

After this trade Zach’s value has dropped to a Motel 6 stay.  In Montgomery, Alabama.

I once went to a seminar with three colleagues  stated in a hotel and the old dude with an accent that work there told they had a complimentary Continental Breastfast. Turns out it was pastries, nicely textured pre-peeled hard boiled eggs, bread you could toast yourself, gas station coffee and fruit juices. I was the only one of us not dissapointed. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson had two bonuses worth 59M due on the 17th.  Cutting him and designating him as a post 6/1 allowed them to gain some cap space next year.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

To do him a favor, so he can get to his new team as soon as possible.  
Why not just give the reason why ZW needs to be rid of today.  What’s the problem with keeping him on the roster until an actual trade can take place?  How will him being on the roster until he’s not help the team win games in 2024?

There may be a financial reason in dumping RW now but there isn’t one that I know of in dumping ZW.

Kind of like ragging JD for not having Morstead this offseason, not being aware that a vet like Morstead can’t be signed until the stat of the new year.  

• Sympathy 1

Why not just give the reason why ZW needs to be rid of today.  What’s the problem with keeping him on the roster until an actual trade can take place?  How will him being on the roster until he’s not help the team win games in 2024?
There may be a financial reason in dumping RW now but there isn’t one that I know of in dumping ZW.
Kind of like ragging JD for not having Morstead this offseason, not being aware that a vet like Morstead can’t be signed until the stat of the new year.  

There's no reasoning with Matt. He has Wilsonphobia.
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure this is relevant at all to Zach.  If anything the fact that Mac Jones got anything of value is a good sign for Zach.  Mac Jones is a bum with zero upside.  Zach is an uber bum but at least has some sort of potential there.  Mac is the type of guy you bring in if you're looking for a backup.  Zach is the type of guy you bring in if you have faith that your staff can "fix him".  

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him get the same return.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see him cut.  Really just comes down to what teams like him, if any.  Either way, it's whatever.  Even if we do get something, it won't make an impact for quite some time.  As long as he's gone next year, I'm happy.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I once went to a seminar with three colleagues  stated in a hotel and the old dude with an accent that work there told they had a complimentary Continental Breastfast. Turns out it was pastries, nicely textured pre-peeled hard boiled eggs, bread you could toast yourself, gas station coffee and fruit juices. I was the only one of us not dissapointed. 

Hmm what's lower than a Motel 6 then???

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, bicketybam said:

If he's worth only a 6th then Zach is worthless, which we kind of already knew. You can do worse for a backup than Mac Jones.

Not so sure of that. Jones is creepy and was every bit as terrible as Zach this year. But he has no upside at all. Zach could still appeal to a team because of his athleticism and talent. Not really agreeing that Mac Jones is worth more. In addition there were many reports that Jones was a complete cancer in the QB room. Not saying Zach is worth a lot just think he is worth more than Jones.

27 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Not so sure of that. Jones is creepy and was every bit as terrible as Zach this year. But he has no upside at all. Zach could still appeal to a team because of his athleticism and talent. Not really agreeing that Mac Jones is worth more. In addition there were many reports that Jones was a complete cancer in the QB room. Not saying Zach is worth a lot just think he is worth more than Jones.

Based on everything other than the fact Mac Jones brought his team to the playoffs as a rookie? Sophomore slump and then the Pats lost their OC to the Raiders? But yeah that Zach, just loaded with potential. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Zach Wilson is very divisive for the Jets (cue Matt screaming that's why he should be cut NOW!). Mac Jones posted backup level stats his first 2 years and the Pats were extremely devoid of talent this year so his numbers fell off (but still managed to beat the Wilson led Jets.)

Wilson has posted nothing but practice squad numbers in 3 years and gets paid twice what Jones does. Jones was way more of an attractive trade target and he went for a 6th. I can't possibly see someone giving us the same for Wilson.
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Zach Wilson is very divisive for the Jets (cue Matt screaming that's why he should be cut NOW!). Mac Jones posted backup level stats his first 2 years and the Pats were extremely devoid of talent this year so his numbers fell off (but still managed to beat the Wilson led Jets.)

Wilson has posted nothing but practice squad numbers in 3 years and gets paid twice what Jones does. Jones was way more of an attractive trade target and he went for a 6th. I can't possibly see someone giving us the same for Wilson.

Bam! Well said!!

14 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

As a fan I see that POV I just think GMs will view it differently. Obviously if no trade and we just release him then GMs are more in your camp

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There's no reasoning with Matt. He has Wilsonphobia.

In fairness we all should

24 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:
In fairness we all should

Agree but I am 100% certain he won't be on the Jets this coming season.

He can stop questioning what theyre doing with the kicking game. 
First day they’re allowed to sign Greg Z.