Aaron Rodgers leaving Jets to be VP of United States?

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If the plan is to keep the window open, he’s the best chance.

The Jets went into the offseason thinking that he would be here and the window would be open.  I don’t want to have to scrap that whole f*cking plan, which cost us moving down in the first and 2nd this year btw, because some jagaloon in California, who sounds like he smokes 12 packs of unfiltered cigarettes, thinks he can win the presidency as an independent.

If he leaves, this season is over, and this regime will be fired.  They will have wasted an entire year operating under the belief that acquiring picks for a rebuild is the wrong move because they can compete with Aaron Rodgers under center.  Also, you can kiss Garrett Wilson, Sauce Gardner, Breece Hall, and Jermaine Johnson goodbye because, besides the fact that another losing season will put their mental state in the gutter, the next regime will have to come in and accrue capital to rebuild.  THAT’S also not taking into consideration that Joe Douglas and Saleh, in an effort to save their Jobs, don’t blow their loads trying to get a young QB and restart their clocks, impossible as that may seem.

It isn’t just Aaron’s Jets tenure this would destroy.  You guys don’t like Saleh and Joe Douglas.  Fine.  They were considered homerun hires when they were made.  What combo do you think you are getting if the mess outlined above come to fruition?  I can tell you right now with absolute certainty that it will be more John Idzik or Mike Maccagnan-esque hires.

How is any of this different than if Rodgers goes down with another injury, or played like a 40 yo who has taken 4 snaps since December of 2022 coming off a ruptured Achilles?

This whole thing was a house of cards from the start, and this team has sucked for the past 14 years. Don’t make it out like this is the beginning of the end or the Fall of the Roman Empire.

• Haha 3

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

The timing is blowing my mind. Sometimes you have to just reset and it’s looking like the inevitable is forcing it’s way early if this bizarre situation unfolds. Most legendary trade disaster of all time and it’s not even close if this happens. This is like the buttfumble x a million. This would go down as the most ridiculous thing in NFL history when you count the injury 4 plays in last year after Testaverde was captain etc. At this point, I welcome it and want the glory of being the worst ever. JET UP!

LMAOO

We Need the ❤️ emoji back for post like this. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can tell you right now with absolute certainty that it will be more John Idzik or Mike Maccagnan-esque hires.

John Idzik, 12-20 (.375), zero playoff appearances over 2 seasons, one .500 season.

Mike McCagnan, 24-40 (.375), zero playoff appearances over 4 years, one 10 win winning season.

Joe Douglas, 27-56 (.325), zero playoff appearances over 5 years, zero winning and zero .500 seasons.

I think you think that threat carries more weight that it does. 

By objective results, Douglas currently sits as the worst of the three.  

Subjectively you can say he's the best because Sauce, or Wilson, or the Darnold or Rodgers trade, or the Defensive ranks, but so far, on the field, he's one of our biggest losers of all time as a GM.  And his era one of our worst offensively of all time.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jetswin said:

Woody is going to have to make up with Zack

Wow 

imagine after everything the fans lose rodgers and the jets go into the back of the closet and try to repackage a broken Wilson

so many heads will explode in NY 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The timing is blowing my mind. Sometimes you have to just reset and it’s looking like the inevitable is forcing it’s way early if this bizarre situation unfolds. Most legendary trade disaster of all time and it’s not even close if this happens. This is like the buttfumble x a million. This would go down as the most ridiculous thing in NFL history when you count the injury 4 plays in last year after Testaverde was captain etc. At this point, I welcome it and want the glory of being the worst ever. JET UP!

Just living the dream, ain’t we?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

John Idzik, 12-20 (.375), zero playoff appearances over 2 seasons, one .500 season.

Mike McCagnan, 24-40 (.375), zero playoff appearances over 4 years, one 10 win winning season.

Joe Douglas, 27-56 (.325), zero playoff appearances over 5 years, zero winning and zero .500 seasons.

I think you think that threat carries more weight that it does. 

By objective results, Douglas currently sits as the worst of the three.  

Subjectively you can say he's the best because Sauce, or Wilson, or the Darnold or Rodgers trade, but so far, on the field, he's one of our biggest losers of all time as a GM.

‘Fish.

Buddy.

I’m not a Joe Douglas guy right now, but you and I both know that the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 Jets absolutely dismantle every single one of the teams that those two put together, minus the 2015 roster of mercenaries, which keeps Macc’s record inflated, just like the necessary “tank” year of 2020 and “first year of the rebuild in 2021” anchor Douglas.  If it were as simple as posting records, the John Lynch/Shanahan combo is a lot worse than a good number of, clearly, inferior regimes.  I’m aware that this is subjective and hypothetical, but you can’t tell me that you can’t seriously tell me you think we’d be in better hand with those two, can you?

Idzik?  I’m not even going to go there.

• Upvote 2

Free Agent: Sounds great Joe, let's get this deal done.

Joe D : Awesome.  Thrilled to have you join the team.

Free agent: Real quick, I'm gonna' be playing with Aaron Rodgers, right?  I mean, I'm not gonna' have Tyrod Taylor or Bo Nix at QB?

Joe D :

Shrugs GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

‘Fish.

Buddy.

I’m not a Joe Douglas guy right now, but you and I both know that the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 Jets absolutely dismantle every single one of the teams that those two put together, minus the 2015 roster of mercenaries, which keeps Macc’s record inflated, just like the necessary “tank” year of 2020 and “first year of the rebuild in 2021” anchor Douglas.  If it were as simple as posting records, the John Lynch/Shanahan combo is a lot worse than a good number of, clearly, inferior regimes.

Idzik?  I’m not even going to go there.

The thought of Idzik or Mac being better than Douglas is laughable! The lengths people go through 😅

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Look, if the plan is to keep the window open, he’s the best chance.

The Jets went into the offseason thinking that he would be here and the window would be open.  I don’t want to have to scrap that whole f*cking plan, which cost us moving down in the first and a 2nd this year btw, because some jagaloon in California, who sounds like he smokes 12 packs of unfiltered cigarettes a day, thinks he can win the presidency as an independent.

If he leaves, this season is over, and this regime will be fired.  They will have wasted an entire year operating under the belief that acquiring picks for a rebuild is the wrong move because they can compete with Aaron Rodgers under center.  Also, you can kiss Garrett Wilson, Sauce Gardner, Breece Hall, and Jermaine Johnson goodbye because, besides the fact that another losing season will put their mental state in the gutter, the next regime will have to come in and accrue draft capital to rebuild.  That’s ALSO not taking into consideration that Joe Douglas and Saleh, in an effort to save their jobs, might blow their loads trying to get a young QB to restart their clocks, impossible as that may seem.

It isn’t just Aaron’s Jets tenure this would destroy.  You guys don’t like Saleh and Joe Douglas.  Fine.  They were considered home-run hires when they were made.  What combo do you think you are getting if the mess outlined above come to fruition?  I can tell you right now with absolute certainty that it will be more John Idzik or Mike Maccagnan-esque and Adam Gase hires.  I’ve seen the desire for Vrabel in a post-Saleh world.  Not a chance in any universe if Aaron destroys us from the inside out.

People that defend Douglas and Saleh with "imagine how much worse it coulfd be, it would be like macc and idzik."

While ignoring Douglas has a worse record than both.

this has never made sense to me. Douglas and Saleh are utter failures. There is nothing to be worried about losing.

The time to admit this regime stinks has long past. Maybe next time people shouldn't announce a GM is brilliant and one of the best before he accomplishes a single thing.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

‘Fish.

Buddy.

:) 👍

I’m aware that this is subjective and hypothetical, but you can’t tell me that you can’t seriously tell me you think we’d be in better hand with those two, can you?

No, I can't.

And yet, both those two chuckleheads led a higher rate of winning and more .500 or winning seasons than Douglas has.

When the current regime is currently, objectively, one of the worst in our franchises history, it's going to be hard to threaten the fanbase with "it could be worse" scenarios. 

This regime, for all the love it seems to get for a few specific things, also drafted the worst QB in our franchises history, made what could still turn out to be one of the worst trades in the franchises history (Rodgers, 4 plays so far, future TBD), has consistently produced some of the worst Offenses in franchise history, and apart from one day of one draft (Sauce/Wilson/Hall) and the Darnold/Adams fleecing trades, has one of the worst track records of FA Signings/Drafting in our franchises history.

"But it could be worse if..." just doesn't hold much weight my friend.  Especially in the face of an amazingly hilarious farce like Rodgers running as VP for a Kennedy in a no-chance third party run.

A regime change (GM, HC, QB) could also be better.  Potentially much better.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Politicians messing with tik tok......do some of these guys not know the power tik tok and people who probably don't currently vote?

HOW MUCH ARE THE CHINEESE PAYING YOU YA RED COMMIE???!!!???!!!111oneoneone

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Serious take:

If RFK picks AR and AR accepts, leaves the jets holding the bag, it will be terrible decisions by both men. RFK will never win with AR on the ticket. He's already considered fringe by libs and the right doesn't trust him. AR only burnishes RFK's lack of seriousness. 

AR's credibility will get destroyed by his walking away from the Jets after hyping winning a Super Bowl and playing many years here, loving it, running out on 9/11 with Old Glory. Unlikely he could recover in the public eye. And way too much baggage. Ventura is legit pick. He has experience managing something other than a game.

4 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

People that defend Douglas and Saleh with "imagine how much worse it coulfd be, it would be like macc and idzik."

While ignoring Douglas has a worse record than both.

this has never made sense to me. Douglas and Saleh are utter failures. There is nothing to be worried about losing.

The time to admit this regime stinks has long past. Maybe next time people shouldn't announce a GM is brilliant and one of the best before he accomplishes a single thing.

I’m not disagreeing with any of that.  Right now, as it stands, everything you said about this regime is true.  You can see my above post regarding the comparisons between the other two above for my opinion on that battle.

That being said, for future purposes, the goal shouldn’t be to find more of ANY of these guys if they didn’t work out, and that’s exactly what you’re going to get as options if Rodgers pulls the rug out from underneath us and these “utter failures” need to pivot.  You won’t be getting Vrabel.  You won’t be getting Pete Carrol.  You won’t be getting Mike Tomlin (if the Steelers fire him).  You won’t be getting a top tier GM candidate.  You’ll get some bean counter from the Colts and Eric Bieniemy.

For better or worse, they were given this year to right the course of the ship.  If that is what I am left to root for as a fan of this team, then I’d prefer they be playing with a full deck.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

:) 👍

No, I can't.

And yet, both those two chuckleheads led a higher rate of winning and more .500 or winning seasons than Douglas has.

When the current regime is currently, objectively, one of the worst in our franchises history, it's going to be hard to threaten the fanbase with "it could be worse" scenarios. 

This regime, for all the love it seems to get for a few specific things, also drafted the worst QB in our franchises history, made what could still turn out to be one of the worst trades in the franchises history (Rodgers, 4 plays so far, future TBD), has consistently produced some of the worst Offenses in franchise history, and apart from one day of one draft (Sauce/Wilson/Hall) and the Darnold/Adams fleecing trades, has one of the worst track records of FA Signings/Drafting in our franchises history.

"But it could be worse if..." just doesn't hold much weight my friend.  Especially in the face of an amazingly hilarious farce like Rodgers running as VP for a Kennedy in a no-chance third party run.

A regime change (GM, HC, QB) could also be better.  Potentially much better.  

I think my newest post to @Prodigal Syndicate above answers everything here.

Of course a regime change could be better, but I’d rather gamble that the HoF QB who had some awful luck last season can come back, regain his form, and be ready to go over taking a shot and praying that the random secretary to Chris Ballard, with Eric Bieniemy as his HC, can be star hires.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Good for you mr ego clown

You think you can take 2 seconds out of your beautiful day to calm the fans and potential free agents nerves??? 

Nope jets be dammed 😭😭😭

This is a publicity stunt and you all fell for it

get yourself together 😂

• Post of the Week 1

These 17 pages have been great and really provided some laughs but no one really thinks he is actually running right?

you do realize he is messing with everyone especially the media without even saying a word.

I think my newest post to @Prodigal Syndicate above answers everything here.

Of course a regime change could be better, but I’d rather gamble that the HoF QB who had some awful luck last season can come back, regain his form, and be ready to go over taking a shot and praying that the random secretary to Chris Ballard, with Eric Bieniemy as his HC, can be star hires.

It's amazing to me after this many years just how much of the Douglas defense comes down to being "aw shucks, he's just had some bad luck, injuries happen man, what could he have done", lol.

P.S. Eric Bieniemy will never be a HC in this league.  And presuming any potential change is by default a bad change isn't justification to avoid change.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

It's amazing to me after this many years just how much of the Douglas defense comes down to being "aw shucks, he's just had some bad luck, injuries happen man, what could he have done", lol.

I wouldn’t even call it a defense on my part since I was screaming for a solid QB2 last year.  That’s on him.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I gotta be honest; I have no idea why anyone who calls themselves a Jets fan would want this to happen.

I don’t think any of you guys seem to understand how f*cking awful the ramifications of this would be.

Oh look at this self-loathing lib sh*tting on the idea of Aaron Rodgers trying to save America. Typical. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Trotter said:

These 17 pages have been great and really provided some laughs but no one really thinks he is actually running right?

you do realize he is messing with everyone especially the media without even saying a word.

You don’t think this is embarrassing to the Jets right now?
Rodgers, by his silence is making them the butt of jokes not only in the sports world, but to the entire country other than the 3% who might actually bet on this quinella.

That’s not “messing with the media” that’s him going against everything he said this organization needs to do to change it’s culture. “Eliminate the noise” my a**… The guy is a delusional attention whore, plain and simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Potentially having a negative impact on ticket sales prolly isn't important to ownership.  I have it on good authority that Woody hates money.

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

P.S. Eric Bieniemy will never be a HC in this league.  And presuming any potential change is by default a bad change isn't justification to avoid change.

I kinda feel bad for Moggz, because I just remembered he put me on ignore for laughing at him saying he had guys in the building when the Russini story came out. I quoted him 2 or 3 times here and he can’t defend himself, which kinda sucks.

• Sympathy 1