Woody Johnson is (and has been) the Jets biggest problem.

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Woody has to back off and stop meddling in personnel decisions like Dolan did with the Knicks.  

He also hires pussies who who will let him meddle. Pussies who let him meddle are bad coaches and GM's, anyone worth their weight in salt would  not let Woody meddle, he should hire good people and get out of the way. 

This is why all the hate directed at ZW makes me insane, if it was directed appropriately, things would have a chance of changing, but instead, it all gets directed at Darnold and ZW. Neither asked to be drafted nor developed by the terrible Jets. Good GM's and good coaches draft and develop good QB's. As long as Jets fans turn all their hate at the QB's, Woody will keep on doing the same thing over and over

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

He also hires pussies who who will let him meddle. Pussies who let him meddle are bad coaches and GM's, anyone worth their weight in salt would  not let Woody meddle, he should hire good people and get out of the way. 

This is why all the hate directed at ZW makes me insane, if it was directed appropriately, things would have a chance of changing, but instead, it all gets directed at Darnold and ZW. Neither asked to be drafted nor developed by the terrible Jets. Good GM's and good coaches draft and develop good QB's. As long as Jets fans turn all their hate at the QB's, Woody will keep on doing the same thing over and over

Spot on...Especially with Wilson...to pair him with a rookie defense-oriented head coach is beyond idiotic.....I understand the Greg Knapp tragedy derailed part of the plan but still....

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

He had a pro bowl season in 2015 where cracks started to show and fell off a cliff in 2016. Something no one would ever predict based on his previous film.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Woah totally unpredictable that a mercenary would mail it in once he got his last payday.  

Really shouldn't be much of a surprise that the results under Woody Johnson's ownership have been lousy.  Pick any business and ask yourself which organizations have the best chance for success:  those run by brilliant, ruthless, self made billionaires or those run by snot nosed wimps born on third base thinking they had hit a triple.  Not that all trust funders are clueless and lazy but a high percentage are.  I mean Bob Kraft went to Harvard, built a billion dollar business, and found a way to gain possession of the Patriots by scooping up the stadium and real estate when he didn't have near the capital to pay the asking price for the team.  Woody Johnson went to the University of Arizona and while I don't besmirch any Wildcats on this board even they will acknowledge the school is known for weather, women, and partying with academics a distant 4th.  Not exactly Harvard of the West.  That's our owner, a Johnson blue blood who was such a dolt his family couldn't even buy his way into the ivy leagues like the rest of his crowd.      

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Woody's biggest failure as an owner is the inability to hire top shelf GM's and HC's.  His reputation as a rich guy with a trophy team with no legitimate desire to win has scared off legit front office and coaching talent for decades, which is why we have had a merry-go-round of inexperienced C list morons who continue to make C list level decisions and keep the team buried at the bottom of the league year after year. Woody IS the problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, mfmartin said:

They have also won the division the last 4 years which is twice more than we won it ever.

2 hours ago, mfmartin said:

He was a 7 time pro bowler and a 4 time first team all pro and a first ballot hall of famer, but yeah that was only based on two to three years.emoji849.png

K.  

• Haha 1

i saw woody and fam in palm beach waiting for a table.
mrs. J clearly wears the pants lol
more worrisome, apparently her insta bio says
"Owner of the NY Jets"

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, mfmartin said:

Check underneath your bed for Woody.

14 hours ago, mfmartin said:

I mean if you write away his 9 years of great play, I guess you have a point.

14 hours ago, mfmartin said:

The Sabres are owned by the same owners of the Bills.

20 hours ago, mfmartin said:

He had a pro bowl season in 2015 where cracks started to show and fell off a cliff in 2016. Something no one would ever predict based on his previous film.

Which unpaid intern working in florham park are you?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Every loser fanbase blames the owners. It’s not Woody’s fault. Jets fans are the worst. Half will always be trolls and the other half will always love to sniff balls. There aren’t concrete reasons for performance to matter so it doesn’t.

Woody Johnson is one of the most incompetent owners in the NFL - bar none.

The shortcomings of this Jets franchise, fall squarely on his shoulders.

If you think otherwise, then there's a bridge for sale in Baltimore, you might want to check it out.

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Every loser fanbase blames the owners. It’s not Woody’s fault. Jets fans are the worst. Half will always be trolls and the other half will always love to sniff balls. There aren’t concrete reasons for performance to matter so it doesn’t.

As long as there are enough fans who actually believe this, nothing will change.  For almost 25 years, Woody has hired every single GM and HC that has eventually been fired.  
In no other business would someone with this record be allowed to continue to hire again and again.  Unless, of course they owned the company or was related to the owner.  
How is this hard for people to understand? 

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2024 at 9:17 AM, ChewyandtheJets said:

Really shouldn't be much of a surprise that the results under Woody Johnson's ownership have been lousy.  Pick any business and ask yourself which organizations have the best chance for success:  those run by brilliant, ruthless, self made billionaires or those run by snot nosed wimps born on third base thinking they had hit a triple.  Not that all trust funders are clueless and lazy but a high percentage are.  I mean Bob Kraft went to Harvard, built a billion dollar business, and found a way to gain possession of the Patriots by scooping up the stadium and real estate when he didn't have near the capital to pay the asking price for the team.  Woody Johnson went to the University of Arizona and while I don't besmirch any Wildcats on this board even they will acknowledge the school is known for weather, women, and partying with academics a distant 4th.  Not exactly Harvard of the West.  That's our owner, a Johnson blue blood who was such a dolt his family couldn't even buy his way into the ivy leagues like the rest of his crowd.      

Woody and Christopher are great-grandsons of Robert Wood Johnson I, the guy who actually founded J&J with his brothers. The only thing they share with those men who built an empire is a last name.

On 3/31/2024 at 7:08 PM, greasyt said:

Spot on...Especially with Wilson...to pair him with a rookie defense-oriented head coach is beyond idiotic.....I understand the Greg Knapp tragedy derailed part of the plan but still....

Tragic, yes, absolutely.

But also the most over-hyped myth in Jets Fandom the last decade, the "...if only Knapp, Wilson would have been great!" fantasy.

Knapp or no Knapp, Wilson isn't a good NFL starting QB.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Tragic, yes, absolutely.

But also the most over-hyped myth in Jets Fandom the last decade, the "...if only Knapp, Wilson would have been great!" fantasy.

Knapp or no Knapp, Wilson isn't a good NFL starting QB.

Or backup QB

Or backup to the backup QB.

Cue the neg rep from @bicketybam in 3, 2 ,1.......

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2024 at 4:57 PM, Flea Flicking Frank said:

The jets have more than quintupled in value since Woody bought the team.  That is an incredible rate of success