Bold Predictions: Draft Edition

37 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s a good question.  We had virtually no insight into how effective rodgers was going to be last year.  In his 3 plays he looked a bit timid.  Is he more gun shy after this injury, has he lost anything else?  We don’t know.  My guess is they’re going to run a lot and complement that with a short to intermediate passing game to try and preserve him.  This plays into taking bowers or fuaga.  

Truth the jets have the oldest qbs in the nfl and it’s quite possible next year we’re looking at bringing in another veteran to try and do what rodgers didn’t.  

I don’t know about that intermediate passing idea. Rodgers is going to be unchecked in calling his own plays and his whole shtick is spamming it to the outside and flipping it out to the back. He used to use the middle of the field when he had tight ends he’s trusted, but he doesn’t trust rookies. If the argument is to give him a checkdown option other than Breece, I think Conklin and Ruckert are capable of that. 

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

BTJ in round 1 would be a disaster IMO

I’d rather have Bowers and I’m not exactly a Bowers guy

BT seems like a 1y wonder with long speed as his chief trait

Don’t be fooled by a single season TD total 

There is so much variance year to year with TD production 

Pretty sure he benefited from Nabers drawing a ton of attention

Great. He will benefit the same with GW getting more attention. This kid is dynmaic. He very well could be the steal of the draft. And he's a really good compliment to GW as he is BIG, TALL, Strong, fast just like DK Metcalf.  GW is not as fast, wiry and nowhere near has that red zone height, strength. He's very very good, just very very different and we need a red zone/stretch the field/fast/big WR.

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Bears: Caleb. He’ll get Eberflus fired, but Chicago become the team that gets Ben Johnson out of Detroit.

2. Commies: Maye. He’s got a DC face.

3. Raiders: Jayden Daniels (Raiders trade up to five with Chargers, then come up again after the Commies pass on Daniels. Pats end up with pick 5, Chargers 13.

4. Cardinals: MHJ. Vikings try to come up, but Cards decide MHJ is too good to pass on.

5. Pats: McCarthy. Bleh.

6. Giants: Rome Odunze. 
7. Tennessee: Alt

8. Jets: Malik Nabers. Douglas trades a 24 second and fourth to get in front of the Bears. Pricey, but YOLO. 

9. Bears: Quinyon Mitchell

10. Atlanta: Terrion Arnold

Pass the ayahuasca to the left hand side.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The universal praise for Odunze in every corner of the draft space has me so sad. I really thought there was a chance he’d be there at ten, but doesn’t seem like that’ll even be a remote possibility now. Must be absolutely killing it on these top-30’s. 

This is, low key, the premise of the thread.

The “bold prediction” is that Rome goes #6 to the Giants because he’s a better fit, and we actually wind up with Malik.

Thoughts on that?

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think Conklin and Ruckert are capable of that. 

You do acknowledge though that some people are better at certain things than others, no?

Yes, they are capable but Bowers will be far better at making those plays turn into something positive.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

You do acknowledge though that some people are better at certain things than others, no?

Yes, they are capable but Bowers will be far better at making those plays turn into something positive.

I think if Bowers tries to power through NFL defensive backs he’ll end up living in the trainer’s room. 

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

This is, low key, the premise of the thread.

The “bold prediction” is that Rome goes #6 to the Giants because he’s a better fit, and we actually wind up with Malik.

Thoughts on that?

Yeah, I’d sign up for that. Nabers looks to me like a guy who steals you a bunch of yards and points during the season by virtue of him terrifying CB2’s opposite Garrett Wilson. Either of those players will torture lesser corners. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I’d sign up for that. Nabers looks to me like a guy who steals you a bunch of yards and points during the season by virtue of him terrifying CB2’s opposite Garrett Wilson. Either of those players will torture lesser corners. 

As long as he's not one of those diva WRs who ends up sabotaging their own greatness.  But obviously that would be the reason he fell to 1.10 (if he does).

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As long as he's not one of those diva WRs who ends up sabotaging their own greatness.  But obviously that would be the reason he fell to 1.10 (if he does).

All good receivers are crazy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Great. He will benefit the same with GW getting more attention. This kid is dynmaic. He very well could be the steal of the draft. And he's a really good compliment to GW as he is BIG, TALL, Strong, fast just like DK Metcalf.  GW is not as fast, wiry and nowhere near has that red zone height, strength. He's very very good, just very very different and we need a red zone/stretch the field/fast/big WR.

I doubt he spends as much time in the weight room as DK Metcalf or is anywhere close to as strong 🤣

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think if Bowers tries to power through NFL defensive backs he’ll end up living in the trainer’s room. 

I don't think he's running anyone over.    This is simply about being a better player than either of the two we have.  He will be the most productive TE this team has had in a long time.  And will have an impactful rookie year.

My only point was just because we have two TE's than can also play the same role doesn't mean they'll do it as well as Bowers.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, derp said:

I liked him as well but did you expect he’d be this good? I’m not sure even his mom had him pegged for this.

Yes, just like I thought GW would be this good. Chase, GW and JJ have incredible hands, are great route runners and  unbelievable body control. They don’t catch the ball, they snatch it. They are acrobats similar to Beckham or Lynn Swan. 

It’s why I didn’t like Mims. He let the ball come to him. Plus he was a body catcher. Looked clumsy when he was on the field.

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Yes, just like I thought GW would be this good. Chase, GW and JJ have incredible hands, are great route runners and  unbelievable body control. They don’t catch the ball, they snatch it. They are acrobats similar to Beckham or Lynn Swan. 

It’s why I didn’t like Mims. He let the ball come to him. Plus he was a body catcher. Looked clumsy when he was on the field.

I just did a quick search of old posts and I firmly call shenanigans on you thinking Jefferson would be this good.

On 4/13/2024 at 3:37 PM, T0mShane said:

Nabers' upside is Tyreek Hill

• Upvote 1