Bold Predictions: Draft Edition

I’ve gone back and forth on this, and I boldly predict the following:

1. The Jets first choice is to draft an elite WR 

2. The last of the top-3 WRs will be Malik Nabers.

3. We will draft him and eventually regret it. Because, Jets.

Disclosure:

I wouldn’t mind if we drafted OL in the 1st and added weaponz in the mid-rounds, but I really think adding an elite WR is the way to go. I tried getting on the Bowers train, but when I compared his highlight reel to his game log, it was underwhelming.  Even looking at the top 5 TEs in the NFL last year; they averaged 55-65 yard per game. Compare that to the top WRs coming out. It’s a no brainer.

So why Malik???

I predict 4 QBs will be taken in the top-5 picks, and MHJ gets drafted by ARI.

CHI- Caleb

WAS- Maye/Jayden

NE- Maye/Jayden/JJ

ARI - Marvin's kid

**TRADE** Vikings come up for 4th QB... Chargers drop down to 11 to get their RT, they can draft WR at 23

NYG - They already have speed and wiggle on offense (Hyatt, Slay, Wan'Dale Robinson), but they don’t have a contested catch guy… Enter Odunze, or dark horse Bowers. 

TEN - Run to the podium to draft Alt.    

ATL and CHI will BOTH draft defense.  **That said, I wouldn’t discount the Jets trading up with either one of them before they do.**  

NYJs - WILL DRAFT Malik Nabers.  

• Upvote 1

• Greenseed4 changed the title to Bold Predictions: Draft Edition
I’ve gone back and forth on this, and while nobody can predict how the top-10 picks will unfold because there’s always a chance a dark horse team trades way up, I boldly predict the following:
1. The Jets want an elite WR 
2. The last of the top-3 WRs will be Malik Nabers.
3. We will draft him and eventually regret it. Because, Jets.

I'm definitely not as high on Nabors as others are but I haven't watched enough tape to criticize if they pick him. At least we got one of the best available wr's.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

Oh. Guys, I'm not asking what your bold predictions are.  I'm telling you what will happen. 

The Jets seem to find a way to get players in the first round that we debate as being the #1 at their respective positions (Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, Sam Darnold, Quinnen Williams), players that give us hope that maybe the brass knows something we don't (Darren Lee, Will MacDonald), and players that make us sit back and say "Wow, we did it" (Gardner, Wilson, Johnson, AVT).  Only Becton was a head scratcher for me. 

This isn't a Becton year.  It's a Malik Nabers year.  

• Sympathy 1

Patriots pass on a QB if Jayden Daniels isn’t there.

A regime that drafts a QB that high is effectively “all in” on that player and I’m not sure Mayo wants to risk his coaching career on Drake Maye or JJ Mac.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable doing that.

The NE way would be to trade out for a ransom.

If they can’t, I think they take MHJ or another blue chip player they think is can’t miss.

• Upvote 2

I think we stick and pick the best play maker at ten then trade back into the 2nd for online. This gm doesn't give a rat's arse about saving lower round picks right now. If we have any picks after the 3rd, I'll be shocked.

We only want the best of the best of the best.

• Upvote 1

A regime that drafts a QB that high is effectively “all in” on that player and I’m not sure Mayo wants to risk his coaching career on Drake Maye or JJ Mac.
If they can’t, I think they take MHJ or another blue chip player they think is can’t miss.
But who does NE even have at qb this year? Someone has to chuck the rock.

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

Jets will draft the bpa on their board regardless of position @ 10... if they trade down, depending how far & who's available, see former statement. 

Whoever they end up drafting they will say is the guy they were targeting all along 🤣

It’s what every team and GM does 

Bold Predictions: Draft Edition

Easy.

JD and the Jets draft NEITHER a WR nor an O-Lineman in the first three rounds.

He;;, this is so possible IMO, it's maybe not even all that bold a prediction, lol.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The problem for the Patriots is that they can't count on being top five in next years draft, even with a bad year. This is their golden opportunity to get a potential franchise QB. They've really got no plan B.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

The problem for the Patriots is that they can't count on being top five in next years draft, even with a bad year. This is their golden opportunity to get a potential franchise QB. They've really got no plan B.

Yeah, I understand that way of thinking.

The injury history is concerning, but IMO Penix has a legit chance to pan out.

It's tough though because even if you move back, you're not guaranteed the player will be there.  It's a gamble, and it takes to two to tango in order for an optimal deal to present itself.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

There will only be two QB’s taken in the top 10, Williams and probably Daniels. As we get closer to the draft, GM’s will revisit the 2021 draft and see how many really good players fell in the draft that year .

As many as 7 teams need QBs desperately.

Bears, Commanders, Pats, Giants, Vikings, Broncos, Raiders.

They aren’t going to sit there and wait until the 2nd round. 6 of the 7 teams will pick a QB in the 1st round and as many as 5 in the top 10. 

Bold prediction. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Oh. Guys, I'm not asking what your bold predictions are.  I'm telling you what will happen. 

Isn’t the headline for your thread, “Bold Predictions” ?  

Here are my predictions:

• Roman Wilson will be the best WR out of this class
  • Every QB drafted in the 1st round will struggle this year
  • Bowers will have the biggest impact out of all the rookies
  • Alt will not be the 1st OT taken
  • Upvote 1

Brissett and Zappe
They could trade down a bit and still get Penix or Nix
Ouch.

None of those are good options. Jacoby is a good backup but I'm. Not sure about the whole season and others don't exactly inspire hope. I may intrigued by Penix if not for the injury history I think he is a player.

29 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

As many as 7 teams need QBs desperately.

Bears, Commanders, Pats, Giants, Vikings, Broncos, Raiders.

They aren’t going to sit there and wait until the 2nd round. 6 of the 7 teams will pick a QB in the 1st round and as many as 5 in the top 10. 

Bold prediction. 

I think you prediction is way bolder than mine.😁

• Haha 1

There will only be two QB’s taken in the top 10, Williams and probably Daniels. As we get closer to the draft, GM’s will revisit the 2021 draft and see how many really good players fell in the draft that year .
This has been a thought creeping into my head over and over the last week or so. Some of these qb's are overhyped and I think we might be in for a letdown

• Upvote 1

Jets will trade down and recoup a 2nd round pick.
Jets will then go Oline in round 1 and wr in round 2.

I agree with trade down, obtain at least a 2nd, then take OL, like Guyton.

I think the Jets go D with the second pick. Several DL run stuffers available.

There will be a couple great choices for WRs in round 3 or 4. Like Legette or Pearsall.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

This has been a thought creeping into my head over and over the last week or so. Some of these qb's are overhyped and I think we are in for a letdown

Heads up homey, I edited a post that previously was a double-post, if you want to change your reaction to it.  

• Upvote 1