Bold Predictions: Draft Edition

19 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

not happening that way

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I mean just go look at a trade chart. Which in general are pretty accurate.

Only way we can trade back and get a straight 2nd is if we’re trading back to 17 or later. If we just want to move back a few spots and get a 2nd… we have to give up our 3rd

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean just go look at a trade chart. Which in general are pretty accurate.

Only way we can trade back and get a straight 2nd is if we’re trading back to 17 or later. If we just want to move back a few spots and get a 2nd… we have to give up our 3rd

i dont have an issue with this considering were all in

1 hour ago, JetsFlyer said:

i dont have an issue with this considering were all in

I think a high third round pick to move down a few spots is not a bad thing.

I would also consider doing a ballsy move and trade next year’s first for a low first/high second.  

Stack the roster and go all in.  

• Upvote 1

1. Bears: Caleb. He’ll get Eberflus fired, but Chicago become the team that gets Ben Johnson out of Detroit.

2. Commies: Maye. He’s got a DC face.

3. Raiders: Jayden Daniels (Raiders trade up to five with Chargers, then come up again after the Commies pass on Daniels. Pats end up with pick 5, Chargers 13.

4. Cardinals: MHJ. Vikings try to come up, but Cards decide MHJ is too good to pass on.

5. Pats: McCarthy. Bleh.

6. Giants: Rome Odunze. 
7. Tennessee: Alt

8. Jets: Malik Nabers. Douglas trades a 24 second and fourth to get in front of the Bears. Pricey, but YOLO. 

9. Bears: Quinyon Mitchell

10. Atlanta: Terrion Arnold

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

1. Bears: Caleb. He’ll get Eberflus fired, but Chicago become the team that gets Ben Johnson out of Detroit.

3. Raiders: Jayden Daniels (Raiders trade up to five with Chargers, then come up again after the Commies pass on Daniels. Pats end up with pick 5, Chargers 13.

4. Cardinals: MHJ. Vikings try to come up, but Cards decide MHJ is too good to pass on.

8. Jets: Malik Nabers. Douglas trades a 24 second and fourth to get in front of the Bears. Pricey, but YOLO. 

The jets are sniffing around a lot of 3rd round wrs.  Don’t think nabers is the difference between saving his job and not.  That’s going to be OL protection.

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The jets are sniffing around a lot of 3rd round wrs.  Don’t think nabers is the difference between saving his job and not.  That’s going to be OL protection.

I think guys like Franklin go late one, top of two. IMO, if they want an OL to be insurance for Tyron and Moses, they’re better off throwing Donovan Smith or Bakhtiari $6 mil to be the swing tackle. It’s questionable whether or not Bakhtiari even wants to play anymore, so maybe taking a little retirement contract to come hang out with his buddy and work part-time might be appealing. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tonight on Movin the Chains, Kirwin had 9&10. Bears turned down a Raiders offer for 9 and  took Bowers. At 10  for us took Latham again. Is he the best OT in this draft and we all focus on that last play vs  Michigan? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Claymation said:

Here are my predictions:

• Roman Wilson will be the best WR out of this class
  • Every QB drafted in the 1st round will struggle this year
  • Bowers will have the biggest impact out of all the rookies
  • Alt will not be the 1st OT taken

Man that is bold. I can't imagine a world where Roman is THE best. He has good metrics, but you have to question why he only ran crossing routes. 

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Tonight on Movin the Chains, Kirwin had 9&10. Bears turned down a Raiders offer for 9 and  took Bowers. At 10  for us took Latham again. Is he the best OT in this draft and we all focus on that last play vs  Michigan? 

Some really good draft guys think Latham is better than Alt, but Latham is RT only unless you move him inside to guard. Zeirlein’ OT1, was Nate Tice’s OT1 all season, Brugler’s OT3 (after Alt and Fashanu) because of the LT-RT value. I wouldn’t hate it at 10

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Man that is bold. I can't imagine a world where Roman is THE best. He has good metrics, but you have to question why he only ran crossing routes. 

I don’t think the WRs in this class are on the same level as Justin Jefferson/Garrett Wilson. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

That trade is ridiculous and the Bears don't have a little bit of a need at corner.

@Greenseed4 I think your idea is quite reasonable.

5 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I don’t think the WRs in this class are on the same level as Justin Jefferson/Garrett Wilson. 

To be fair Jefferson was the fifth receiver taken in his own class, I don’t think anyone thought he’d be as good as he has been.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Some really good draft guys think Latham is better than Alt, but Latham is RT only unless you move him inside to guard. Zeirlein’ OT1, was Nate Tice’s OT1 all season, Brugler’s OT3 (after Alt and Fashanu) because of the LT-RT value. I wouldn’t hate it at 10

Why would douglas take a slow footed RT after becton just failed at both LT and rt?  I would much rather have bowers, at least that guy can maybe score.  If you want a big body you can get one in the 3rd. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I’ve gone back and forth on this, and I boldly predict the following:

1. The Jets first choice is to draft an elite WR 

2. The last of the top-3 WRs will be Malik Nabers.

3. We will draft him and eventually regret it. Because, Jets.

Disclosure:

I wouldn’t mind if we drafted OL in the 1st and added weaponz in the mid-rounds, but I really think adding an elite WR is the way to go. I tried getting on the Bowers train, but when I compared his highlight reel to his game log, it was underwhelming.  Even looking at the top 5 TEs in the NFL last year; they averaged 55-65 yard per game. Compare that to the top WRs coming out. It’s a no brainer.

So why Malik???

I predict 4 QBs will be taken in the top-5 picks, and MHJ gets drafted by ARI.

CHI- Caleb

WAS- Maye/Jayden

NE- Maye/Jayden/JJ

ARI - Marvin's kid

**TRADE** Vikings come up for 4th QB... Chargers drop down to 11 to get their RT, they can draft WR at 23

NYG - They already have speed and wiggle on offense (Hyatt, Slay, Wan'Dale Robinson), but they don’t have a contested catch guy… Enter Odunze, or dark horse Bowers. 

TEN - Run to the podium to draft Alt.    

ATL and CHI will BOTH draft defense.  **That said, I wouldn’t discount the Jets trading up with either one of them before they do.**  

NYJs - WILL DRAFT Malik Nabers.  

I like Nabers, but I like his partners range, speed ,  character and smarts better

https://www.wafb.com/2023/05/17/lsus-malik-nabers-gun-charge-remains-dropped-new-orleans-da-reinstates-others-charges/

Pray for Brian Thomas

53 minutes ago, derp said:

To be fair Jefferson was the fifth receiver taken in his own class, I don’t think anyone thought he’d be as good as he has been.

Ruggs and Reagor had no business going that high, and I liked him more than jeudy and Lamb.

33 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Alt falls to 10.

Jets pass on him and trade down for Bowers ... Who turns into the second coming of Kyle Brady.

Making one fan happy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brady could block at least.😁

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I see maybe 1-2 bold predictions. I see a lot more triggered responses to rather mundane predictions.

I predict that in a couple of weeks the Jets will draft former college football players and add them to their roster.

Fight me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, derp said:

That trade is ridiculous and the Bears don't have a little bit of a need at corner.

@Greenseed4 I think your idea is quite reasonable.

The exercise is to give bold takes. Going to presume you’re pressuring me to release my actual seven-round mega-mock, but be forewarned—the Raiders come up in that one too.

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Why would douglas take a slow footed RT after becton just failed at both LT and rt?  I would much rather have bowers, at least that guy can maybe score.  If you want a big body you can get one in the 3rd. 

I think the bigger issues with Becton were/are mental. He wasn’t ready to be a pro, didn’t do the work in the offseason, and his oversized body broke down. If they’re confident that Latham doesn’t have those concerns, it might be ok. 

3 hours ago, Claymation said:

Ruggs and Reagor had no business going that high, and I liked him more than jeudy and Lamb.

The perils of drafting high variance receivers because of 40 times cough COUGH BRIAN THOMAS COUUGHHH

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Claymation said:

I liked him as well but did you expect he’d be this good? I’m not sure even his mom had him pegged for this.

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The perils of drafting high variance receivers because of 40 times cough COUGH BRIAN THOMAS COUUGHHH

Name the statlines for final year in college:

83-1357-12

68-1177-17

The guys with more receiving yards than Thomas in college this year in this class are the three guys going ahead of him, a 5’8 fifth year senior, a fifth year breakout with inconsistent hands who’s impossible to peg, and a skinny guy with inconsistent hands. And the guys with more touchdowns are. The 40 isn’t why he’s going fourth in this class, he’s fourth when you filter for production and flags alone.

Xavier Worthy, AD Mitchell…

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The exercise is to give bold takes. Going to presume you’re pressuring me to release my actual seven-round mega-mock, but be forewarned—the Raiders come up in that one too.

Oh no, the future second and the fourth to move up two spots. A future third alone would be an overpay. 

I like the Raiders moving up for Daniels.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, derp said:

Name the statlines for final year in college:

83-1357-12

68-1177-17

The guys with more receiving yards than Thomas in college this year in this class are the three guys going ahead of him, a 5’8 fifth year senior, a fifth year breakout with inconsistent hands who’s impossible to peg, and a skinny guy with inconsistent hands. And the guys with more touchdowns are. The 40 isn’t why he’s going fourth in this class, he’s fourth when you filter for production and flags alone.

Xavier Worthy, AD Mitchell…

The PFF guys have colored my view of Brian Thomas, and Matt Harmon—who generally likes him—talks about him as a projection, which makes him a no-go for me as a Jets draftee. As we’ve discussed, I see every prospect through a Jets lens, and whether or not they’d be viable here. That said, the PFF case against Thomas—limited route tree, inconsistent hands, huge beneficiary of both Daniels and Nabers—is compelling, imo. Strikes me very much as a situation-dependent player. 

12 minutes ago, derp said:

Oh no, the future second and the fourth to move up two spots. A future third alone would be an overpay. 

I like the Raiders moving up for Daniels.

Oh snap. I thought you were coming after me about the Raiders trade-up. The Jets trade-up was just what I had to throw in the sim to complete the trade for some reason. No doubt a massive overpay. And, admittedly, I completely forgot that Tyrique Stevenson is good. I know everyone is putting Dallas Turner in that spot, but I’m currently in that draft podcast spin cycle where every player outside of the top seven is simultaneously great and terrible, and I had just listened to the Athletic pod where they killed Turner for 20 minutes. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The PFF guys have colored my view of Brian Thomas, and Matt Harmon—who generally likes him—talks about him as a projection, which makes him a no-go for me as a Jets draftee. As we’ve discussed, I see every prospect through a Jets lens, and whether or not they’d be viable here. That said, the PFF case against Thomas—limited route tree, inconsistent hands, huge beneficiary of both Daniels and Nabers—is compelling, imo. Strikes me very much as a situation-dependent player. 

You can certainly make the argument against, it’s just harder than the argument against for the more productive guys who are going to go behind him. I just thought the 40 thing was silly, he’d be the fourth receiver if he ran a 4.45.

It’s fine to have a take on Thomas but ultimately the take is he’ll progress or he won’t and that’s largely on him. Pretty nice year for someone with a limited route tree and inconsistent hands. I’m not so sure he benefitted from Daniels as much as Daniels didn’t hold him back. And on one hand Nabers takes away attention but on the other hand Nabers takes away targets. I feel like the PFF guys haven’t been very good for draft stuff.

The first stat line was the final year stats of Henry Ruggs and Jalen Reagor added together, by the way. That’s what it looks like to get drafted for speed.

• Upvote 1