Zach traded to Denver [merged]

The fans and the owner are going to be screaming for Nix by week 3
Exactly. We were calling for Tim Boyle / Trevor Siemian / anyone but Zach. Denver have a first round draft pick - and they also are fully aware of what Zach is / isn't.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Goodness gracious.

Did Rick Mirer ever quit on his team?  Refuse to suit up?

I personally watched Ray Lucas totally outplay Rick Mirer with the exact same talent on offense. 

You know you suck when Ray Lucas plays with the same talent as you and puts up an 85 rating to your 60. 

So yeah, I watched Rick Mirer quit on a team, and it was as ugly as anything I saw with Zach Wilson. And again, we are quibbling over trash here.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I personally watched Ray Lucas totally outplay Rick Mirer with the exact same talent on offense. 

You know you suck when Ray Lucas plays with the same talent as you and puts up an 85 rating to your 60. 

So yeah, I watched Rick Mirer quit on a team, and it was as ugly as anything I saw with Zach Wilson. And again, we are quibbling over trash here.

Rick Mirer was still in the league at the age of 34.  Even saw a few starts in 2003 at the age of 33.  Doesn’t sound like much of a “quitter” to me.

Zach Wilson, meanwhile, will be calling games for the Mountain West by the time he turns 28.

It’s Leaf or Zach in this discussion you apparently don’t care to have but are anyways.  

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Jared Stidwater 😂

Forgot where I heard it, but QB scouts freaking loved Jarrett Stidham when he was in school. Supposed to have one of the best pure throwing arms they’d ever seen. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rick Mirer was still in the league at the age of 34.  Even saw a few starts in 2003 at the age of 33.  Doesn’t sound like much of a “quitter” to me.

Zach Wilson, meanwhile, will be calling games for the Mountain West by the time he turns 28.

It’s Leaf or Zach in this discussion you apparently don’t care to have but are anyways.  

Did you watch Rick Mirer play with the Jets? He had the very same blank, afraid stare that Wilson has. Then, had Ray Lucas totally outperform him with the same set of players. Ray Frickin Lucas.

I know the want to sully Wilson, because he was OUR mistake. But, the stats don't lie to this point. Mirer stats are undeniably worse. I know we are choosing from the Arkansas fair beauty pageant, but they are what they are.

24 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Did you watch Rick Mirer play with the Jets? He had the very same blank, afraid stare that Wilson has. Then, had Ray Lucas totally outperform him with the same set of players. Ray Frickin Lucas.

I know the want to sully Wilson, because he was OUR mistake. But, the stats don't lie to this point. Mirer stats are undeniably worse. I know we are choosing from the Arkansas fair beauty pageant, but they are what they are.

We didn’t use the second pick overall in the draft on Rick Mirer nor did we waste 3 years on him.  I watched the entire 1999 debacle season Mirer sucked but I don’t recall seeing him sulk in pajamas on the sidelines and Ray Lucas is better than Tim Boyle and Trevor Simian

Mirer was put in an impossible situation because for whatever stupid reason Parcells cheaped out on backup qb and sent Foley packing that offseason.  Mirer got here just before the season started had to learn an entire playbook on the fly and immediately become a full time starting qb

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

K

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We didn’t use the second pick overall in the draft on Rick Mirer nor did we waste 3 years on him.  I watched the entire 1999 debacle season Mirer sucked but I don’t recall seeing him sulk in pajamas on the sidelines and Ray Lucas is better than Tim Boyle and Trevor Simian

Mirer was put in an impossible situation because for whatever stupid reason Parcells cheaped out on backup qb and sent Foley packing that offseason.  Mirer got here just before the season started had to learn an entire playbook on the fly and immediately become a full time starting qb

As usual, you have failed to understand the premise of the original debate. 

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

I can’t wait for you to start watching Arena League games in a couple years to root on Zach for his big comeback tour

I have never argued that ZW will be a success in this league. Be keep making up your own little fairy tales, in your goofy little mind.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It's not about rooting for Zach. It's about rooting against him. Which is what this is all about and I don't get it. 

Zach cost me 3 years of my football watching life and I do not put it past Woody to sign him after the Broncos cut him so it’s not over

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach cost me 3 years of my football watching life and I do not put it past Woody to sign him after the Broncos cut him so it’s not over

Sounds like someone needs a therapy pet chicken 🐔 💕 It will be ok, Cubby 😅

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It's not about rooting for Zach. It's about rooting against him. Which is what this is all about and I don't get it. 

I'm definitely rooting against him now.  He is on the roster of an AFC rival/competitor.

• Upvote 2

Not Zach’s fault.  The Broncos are failing him.  😉

As the team’s first round draft pick and a good fit for the Payton offense, Nix is still the odds-on favorite to start Week 1 barring some kind of training camp meltdown. Stidham, a favorite of Payton’s, could start a few early-season games before ceding the job to Nix. The Broncos will certainly do whatever it takes to keep Wilson off the field this season.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Not Zach’s fault.  The Broncos are failing him.  😉

As the team’s first round draft pick and a good fit for the Payton offense, Nix is still the odds-on favorite to start Week 1 barring some kind of training camp meltdown. Stidham, a favorite of Payton’s, could start a few early-season games before ceding the job to Nix. The Broncos will certainly do whatever it takes to keep Wilson off the field this season.

This does not bode well for the @TuscanyTile2 revenge tour.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Why would anyone give a f**k if someone roots against him at this point?

The defense of this guy gets all the more bizarre every day.  He wasn’t even a nice boy like Darnold!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The defense of this guy gets all the more bizarre every day.  He wasn’t even a nice boy like Darnold!

Absolutely. I never disliked Darnold like I disliked Zach. Zach was pretty much unlikeable.

• Upvote 1

I just don't get the unrelenting hate .. I mean it's funny at this point ... But it makes no sense now as it made no sense back then.... Truly odd.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

You were telling us two months ago that Zach was guaranteed to be back. Maybe spend less time making predictions

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rick mirer was compared to Montana and lived off that comparison for years. Every time Rick mirer was signed ppl would say he could finally break out. It's honestly kinda similar to Darnold. Although mirer was atrocious 

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold and Zach both sucked for us.  Yet every Darnold post gets a “great kid” thrown in there while zach gets mostly hatred.

Why is this?

Darnold didn't " suck". He's just not a franchise QB. He's at best a bridge qb

Zack Wilson might be the worst QB I've ever seen. And I'm not being funny. It was absolutely disgusting watching the offense with Zach. Like that weird 70s movie clockwork orange when they force him to watch movies 

Absolutely brutal. Can't imagine what Douglas was thinking watching Zach in real time 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I just don't get the unrelenting hate .. I mean it's funny at this point ... But it makes no sense now as it made no sense back then.... Truly odd.

Probably because there’s plenty out there who still think Zach would be good if not for the mean old Jets.  Even as it’s patently obvious to everyone else he’s one of the worst QBs to ever play the game at the pro level. 

• Upvote 2