Harrison Glaser Tweet: Rome Odunze wants to play for the #Jets & loved their facility & their coaches & Joe Douglas

(Insert draft prospect name) wants to play for the #(insert team name) & loved their facilities & their coaches & (insert GM)

This like college football fans getting excited about a recruit saying he enjoyed his visit with their favorite team, and "It felt like family/home".

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I like that he wants to be here. That's a good thing. 

Exactly. Versus Nabers who ws asked about whether Daniel Jones will be the QB of Giants future said Oh they'll figure it out.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Giants front office right now…

Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Blacklist

Giants OL and entire team sucks.  Giaints desperatley need a WR.  Hopefully they trade out of the pick. It would be the smart thing to do and would drop Odunze down. 

Jets love Odunze, it's not a secret anymore - if ever it was one. 

We're about to find out if they love him enough to move up a couple spots... which i've come to terms with, personally (it's been over a decade since our downfield game made anyone horny)... this will all be moot if he's taken w/ picks 5-7... 

But i'm mildly optimistic... there's 4 QBs, 3 WRs and 4 OTs floating around as popular top 10 targets, and that's not even considering Defensive prospects... they can't all be selected. 

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

But i'm mildly optimistic... there's 4 QBs, 3 WRs and 4 OTs floating around as popular top 10 targets, and that's not even considering Defensive prospects... they can't all be selected

First day as a Jets fan? The universe will find a way.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

First day as a Jets fan? The universe will find a way.

haha.. well played. but for real, i think the Odunze/Fuaga/Bowers plays well enough. The biggest wild card is if we trade back 4-5 spots.. which is why (imo) the jets made a point of bringing in ALL of the top OTs... due diligence. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

haha.. well played. but for real, i think the Odunze/Fuaga/Bowers plays well enough. The biggest wild card is if we trade back 4-5 spots.. which is why (imo) the jets made a point of bringing in ALL of the top OTs... due diligence. 

Yeah, I think that's my top 3 potential picks at 10 - probably in that order too. Get me any of those guys, and I am happy.

Other guys I could realistically see there are Fautanu or Fashanu.

At the end of the day, if we stay at 10, I think one of those 5 guys becomes a Jet. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

• Upvote 1

It sounds like Rome has “won” the game of public perception that is the draft process, meaning he won’t slide to #10.

Could all be smoke, but at this point, it seems likelier Nabers drops to #10.

Even if Nabers slides to #8, because of a “feel-good” win over Bailey Zappe to “end the streak”, the Jets either have to sweat things out for 20 mins or get taken to the cleaners by ATL, who will gladly move back 2 spots to draft the defensive player they wanted all along.

10 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

Too bad. It was more important to beat Bill Belichick 

You can replay the dolphins beat down to make yourself feel better I guess

look at all those losers picking in the 20’s ! 

They have no idea how to build a winning team 

8 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Giants OL and entire team sucks.  Giaints desperatley need a WR.  Hopefully they trade out of the pick. It would be the smart thing to do and would drop Odunze down. 

Yeah, thanks, it was a joke.

35 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I like Guyton but I’d go defense in round 2 Edgerin Cooper to replace Moseley and go WR in round 3. Tons of talent at WR will be left. 

I like Cooper as well, he would fit nicely in the Jets defensive scheme. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I like Cooper as well, he would fit nicely in the Jets defensive scheme. 

We have a very good defense. We need to make it a great defense.  That kid is a beast and flies around like a pterodactyl.

• Upvote 1