How excited are you by this year‘s Jets draft?

How exciting was this year‘s Jets draft?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. How exciting was this year‘s Jets draft?

• Definitely the most exciting Jets Draft in years!
    • Very exciting
    • Meh
    • Underwhelming
    • Would have been better scheduling a colonoscopy this weekend

10 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Douglas has a big problem when it comes to GMing. He is stubborn about his picks and does not let go easy. He could have easily replaced Brownlee, Bernard Converse, Gipson, and others, but he has to protect his picks until there is no possible way to defend them. 

In a year you supposedly are going all in, he wasted at least two draft picks in UDFA-level guys. 

He drafted two running backs who will probably replace his 4th round RB pick from last year …

He drafted a CB who may replace Bernard Converse

Brownlee and Gipson are UDFAs, not draft picks — but nevertheless, he drafted a WR who replace one of them

Your post doesn’t really make sense

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Does it all get wiped away this year ? The team can only rollover the surplus to pay for expected dead cap right ? Can one of the cap guys here tell us how long the team is ****ed by this ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Dead cap hits are gone after one year

I would have been over the moon with this draft if Odunze headlined it. Sadly, JD couldn't make it happen, although I'm glad it seemingly wasn't for lack of effort. 

Olu, Corley, and Allen wouldn't have been my first choice for the OL, WR and RB we drafted at each spot. It probably would go Fuaga, Roman Wilson, and Jaylen Wright (with a 4th that we traded away) if this armchair GM had his way. That being said, I don't take issue with the 3 picks we made. Olu looks good, Allen wasn't bad value and I like his style. Jordan Travis was my favorite day 3 QB prospect, I don't know that he (or anyone who was available) will make a long term starter but I'm glad we're trying. 

Corley is questionable to me as a long term player with his need to refine hands and RR, but I see why the Jets took him. He offers something different to what we have, and that gives him arguably the best chance to contribute this year. There is real upside too, although who knows if we'll unlock it. I didn't see any WR after the top 3 that was really going to be a huge difference maker year 1 (and possibly even long term). I did like several of the slot guys and Malik Washington, so it was frustrating to see them end up on AFC rival teams, but I'm not sure they would be any better suited than Corley to help the 2024 Jets.

As for the rest of the draft - like most, I'm a little confused and disappointed with the day 3 business. I will say I feel much better about the draft seeing the UDFAs we brought in, which to me emphasize a trend I've noticed in the past - Saleh and Ulbrich trust their ability to find defensive contributors without investing serious draft resources there. They've often been right, so I hope that continues. Hopefully the DT and various LB/S yield something. I'm not upset our draft was mainly committed to offense, my only real want was more OL depth but JD seems better at finding vet depth than drafting it anyway...

1st rounder - Not supposed to play if everyone stays healthy (acutally think that he will be good but WR would've been better)

3rd rounder - starting slot wr

4th rounder - maybe plays 30% of the snaps behind breece?

5th rounder - old project qb who's injuried

5th rounder - another rb? will he make the team?

5th rounder - Is this guy a slot? Are they trying to replace MC2 already?

Mr irrelevant - Safe to say this will not be Brock Purdy, maybe PS guy?

Sooo for a team trying to make a SB run this is not looking great...

Actually looks a lot like the last years draft, that you guys should know by now that its not great, as Tippmann seems to be the only player that will stick around.

JD is living from his 2022 draft class, not a good drafter at all.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Does it all get wiped away this year ? The team can only rollover the surplus to pay for expected dead cap right ? Can one of the cap guys here tell us how long the team is ****ed by this ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I'd be curious about the answer to this question myself.

51 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Jordan Travis was my favorite day 3 QB prospect, I don't know that he (or anyone who was available) will make a long term starter but I'm glad we're trying. 

Rattler was available all through the 4th round, that would have been my QB pick, but I'm o.k. with Travis where we got him.

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2024 at 5:00 PM, Jetmaster Flex said:

Because he will, for a long time.
I know it’ll be unpopular and I’ll likely get hammered for this but just have to say it. Just an old ****’s opinion is all.

I’m so tired of people 💩 on JD … and Saleh. Especially given the injury history over last few seasons. You can’t continue to completely deconstruct the organization every 3-4 years and expect to be a winning team - takes time to establish a complete change of culture of a perennial laughingstock, deal with the trust fund brothers & build for long term success & contrary to popular opinion, JD has been an excellent GM - 2000 he came in after scouting process w Gase who wanted his guys- 2021 was the Covid Draft and scouting was scarce and a lot of teams bombed out - love the other 3 drafts, trades & most of the signings since myself - the talent level & character on this team is the best it’s been in a long long time … possibly the best I’ve ever seen to be honest. they have found some gems in UDFA as well - I don’t know what people expect but I’ve been following this flight plan for about 45 years and this is the only time I’ve felt fully confident in the organization and where it’s headed. I know no one wants to be patient but sometimes you have to be extremely patient and not bring the entire failure of the franchise onto the guy who’s here actually turning this circus around, as up and down as that might be. Believe me, I’ve been here through it all and I know the pain, but I’m putting all my eggs in the JD/Saleh basket. Call me stupid or crazy or both and whatever else you want but I want this group together for a decade.
That said, it has to turn around this year. They need to take the next step and I think they will.  Being that we are all here to see our team win. Let’s hope for a relatively healthy roster for the first time in a decade and let’s have an awesome year and stop rooting for the GM & coach and certain players to fail just so you could say I told you so.

I’ll never tell others what to do but I’m gonna be positive this year and hope that our GM & HC are here for 20 years because that means this team is finally a real contender year in year out.

This kind of post makes sense after 1 or 2 seasons.

Not 5 straight losing seasons when we have seen teams around the league turn it around in half the time.

It's just delusional at this point. He's a bad GM.

This team isn't even built for long term. We have a 41 year old QB coming off a lost season and who has one of the worst contracts in the league set to explode in cost the same time the few good young players we have are due for big contracts.

This is a team with a very small window for success (if it even exists) and this putz has spent 2 drafts in a row drafting backups and pipeline players as if the team is a perennial contender that doesn't need to win now.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

He drafted two running backs who will probably replace his 4th round RB pick from last year …

He drafted a CB who may replace Bernard Converse

Brownlee and Gipson are UDFAs, not draft picks — but nevertheless, he drafted a WR who replace one of them

Your post doesn’t really make sense

They catered to rodgers last offseason and brought in 2 of his preferred wrs in Lazard and Cobb, and a rb in cook.  All 3 were fails.  In FA they did as much as they could to beef up the OL and then took a true LT in Fashanu so it doesn’t seem there’s that much to complain about with how they prioritized the OL.  And then in the draft, they essentially targeted guys to replace the duds that rodgers recommended.  Allen replaces cook and Corley replaces those wr duds.  Again it’s important to remember that 1) day 3 picks usually don’t do much early, and 2) we didn’t have a 2nd round pick.  Not having a 2nd rounder limited what they could do.  

My favorite pick is Olu. As soon as I found out he is ambidextrous and worked at RT with Duke that became a home run pick. 

Rodgers in the 2nd was great value

Corley is a nice pivot from Bowers for yac at the Y

Trying to win games in December in the northeast having big backs matters. It’s amusing to me seeing the ignorance and knee jerk reactions to Allen and Davis. Like haha you amuse me funny. 

Stiggers will sit and learn and you can never have too many corners 

Key has an opportunity , the  S position needed help 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

This is a big part of the problem:

lW31qU_D_normal.jpeg

The #Jets have an obscene amount of dead cap space -- $43M before the JFM trade. It'll be about $52M when JFM is added, roughly 20% of the entire cap + among the leaders in dead space. Tomlinson: $10.7M JFM: $9.1M Zach Wilson: $8.5M Source: Over the Cap

Bigg Macc all over again.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

5 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

1st rounder - Not supposed to play if everyone stays healthy (acutally think that he will be good but WR would've been better)

3rd rounder - starting slot wr

4th rounder - maybe plays 30% of the snaps behind breece?

5th rounder - old project qb who's injuried

5th rounder - another rb? will he make the team?

5th rounder - Is this guy a slot? Are they trying to replace MC2 already?

Mr irrelevant - Safe to say this will not be Brock Purdy, maybe PS guy?

Sooo for a team trying to make a SB run this is not looking great...

Actually looks a lot like the last years draft, that you guys should know by now that its not great, as Tippmann seems to be the only player that will stick around.

JD is living from his 2022 draft class, not a good drafter at all.

Its amazing how Jets fans have moved from seeing how a player progresses after a couple of years to determine their value to the team to washing their hands less than a week after the draft is over. 

Dark indeed

• Upvote 1