How excited are you by this year‘s Jets draft?

How exciting was this year‘s Jets draft?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. How exciting was this year‘s Jets draft?

• Definitely the most exciting Jets Draft in years!
    • Very exciting
    • Meh
    • Underwhelming
    • Would have been better scheduling a colonoscopy this weekend

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The whole jordan travis thing was a microcosm of Douglas fail.

I am not opposed to Travis, as a matter of fact he as one of two guys i preferred for a development QB.

So if you like this guy you draft him in round 4. Instead he trades down every time and plays the waiting game, fine wait for the draft to come to you.  We get like 5 picks away from him and all of a sudden he has to trade up to get Travis.  No sense whatsoever, none.  Just likes giving total gift assets to other teams.

We would have been far better served being patient and using our 3 4th rounders on good players that were still there in the draft.

He got way too cute.

He’s a disaster with zero feel and awareness for drafting. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Love our first two picks i hope at least someone of the rest grows on me. I like that we got a third for next year 

A 3rd next year is alright - IF WE DON'T TRADE IT AWAY.

I would have preferred that we picked 3 players in the 4th round, instead of trading almost completely out of the round.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

I’m relieved it wasn’t  a short sighted draft. Picked up a 3rd next year which you could  say equals the compensation for Reddick (2026)

JD drafted like he’ll be here in the future.

Because he will, for a long time.
I know it’ll be unpopular and I’ll likely get hammered for this but just have to say it. Just an old ****’s opinion is all.

I’m so tired of people 💩 on JD … and Saleh. Especially given the injury history over last few seasons. You can’t continue to completely deconstruct the organization every 3-4 years and expect to be a winning team - takes time to establish a complete change of culture of a perennial laughingstock, deal with the trust fund brothers & build for long term success & contrary to popular opinion, JD has been an excellent GM - 2000 he came in after scouting process w Gase who wanted his guys- 2021 was the Covid Draft and scouting was scarce and a lot of teams bombed out - love the other 3 drafts, trades & most of the signings since myself - the talent level & character on this team is the best it’s been in a long long time … possibly the best I’ve ever seen to be honest. they have found some gems in UDFA as well - I don’t know what people expect but I’ve been following this flight plan for about 45 years and this is the only time I’ve felt fully confident in the organization and where it’s headed. I know no one wants to be patient but sometimes you have to be extremely patient and not bring the entire failure of the franchise onto the guy who’s here actually turning this circus around, as up and down as that might be. Believe me, I’ve been here through it all and I know the pain, but I’m putting all my eggs in the JD/Saleh basket. Call me stupid or crazy or both and whatever else you want but I want this group together for a decade.
That said, it has to turn around this year. They need to take the next step and I think they will.  Being that we are all here to see our team win. Let’s hope for a relatively healthy roster for the first time in a decade and let’s have an awesome year and stop rooting for the GM & coach and certain players to fail just so you could say I told you so.

I’ll never tell others what to do but I’m gonna be positive this year and hope that our GM & HC are here for 20 years because that means this team is finally a real contender year in year out.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

JD does nothing impressive. He makes some good obvious 1st round selections and that’s about it. 

Eh, to be fair:

MC2 was a 5th 

Breece Hall 2nd  

Bryce Huff was a UFDA

Ashtyn Davis was a 3rd  

Tippman was a 2nd 

Pinnok was a 5th 

Echols was a 6th

Bryce Hall was a 5th  

Ruckert was a 3rd 

Carter Warren was a 4th

Huff, MC2, and Hall are excellent and everyone else on that list has either developed into a solid player or still has a chance to 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, to be fair:

MC2 was a 5th 

Breece Hall 2nd  

Bryce Huff was a UFDA

Ashtyn Davis was a 3rd  

Tippman was a 2nd 

Pinnok was a 5th 

Echols was a 6th

Bryce Hall was a 5th  

Ruckert was a 3rd 

Carter Warren was a 4th

Huff, MC2, and Hall are excellent and everyone else on that list has either developed into a solid player or still has a chance to 

I don’t think this helps. Top 100 players don’t count as late round picks. Those type of picks are impressive when they pan out. This list does not support that at all when considering how many horrible misses he has had with a plethora of late round picks from his “cute”/quantity over quality strategy.

Trading down EARLY and getting more top 100 players is the strategy that he never implements and would have better served this team over the last 5 years. Again, he doesn’t do anything impressive in the draft at all. His drafting is hurting more than helping this team. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t think this helps. Top 100 players don’t count as late round picks. Those type of picks are impressive when they pan out. 

Huh?

You wrote that he can only find players in the first round. Hence, my response - which shows that’s not quite true.

JD’s biggest failures were whiffing on Zach, Mims, Becton, and to a lesser extent Moore, who has talent but is a bit of a malcontent. 

And, let’s be honest, it really comes down to Zach and Becton. That’s where he really bombed. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Huh?

You wrote that he can only find players in the first round. Hence, my response - which shows that’s not quite true.

JD’s biggest failures were whiffing on Zach, Mims, Becton, and to a lesser extent Moore, who has talent but is a bit of a malcontent. 

And, let’s be honest, it really comes down to Zach and Becton. That’s where he really bombed. 

Sorry not ONLY. Almost only though. He’s had some 2nd round hits and misses. Overall his drafting has been bad besides the No brainer picks in my opinion. Busts happen but his overall drafting leaves much to be desired. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Woody took care of the 1st pick. The rest was Joe Douglas. 

That was the Brick pick.  In honor of his son.  Maybe his second son gets the nickname Olu.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Sorry not ONLY. Almost only though. He’s had some 2nd round hits and misses. Overall his drafting has been bad besides the No brainer picks in my opinion. Busts happen but his overall drafting leaves much to be desired. 

His 1st two drafts sucked. You can argue he deserves to be fired on those alone. 

his 2022 draft is as good as I’ve seen from a jets GM

Last year’s draft is TBD. Tippman is good, Carter Warren and McDonald have a chance to be.  

My main thing with Douglas is that it’s complicated. He’s also had almost historically bad injury luck. 

he drafts AVT, who did not miss a start in college. After having an excellent rookie year, he suffers two devastating injuries in back to back October games. 

he drafts Cameron Clark - a guy I was excited about. I believe Clark set a record for games played in his school’s history. Another guy who never missed a start in college. He comes to the Jets and immediately suffers a career ending injury. 

Becton had weight concerns coming out of college and taking him over Wirfs was a big whiff. He holds the bag for those injuries. 

But so many other guys. Duane Brown never misses a start until he comes here and is immediately hurt. Rodgers plays a bunch of healthy seasons before coming here and immediately tearing his Achilles.

We could go on. 

the dark cloud hovering over this franchise has little to do with Joe Douglas 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, to be fair:

MC2 was a 5th - About his only really good pick from lower than the 3rd round

Breece Hall 2nd  

Bryce Huff was a UFDA -Not on team, let him walk

Ashtyn Davis was a 3rd  - Reserve player not a starter

Tippman was a 2nd 

Pinnok was a 5th - Not on the team

Echols was a 6th - Reserve player

Bryce Hall was a 5th  - Has done nothig at all

Ruckert was a 3rd - Has done very little so far

Carter Warren was a 4th -Has done nothing so far, he is so good the jets had to draft an ot and sign two more.

He has been beyond horrible from after the first two rounds, find a few backups and non impact players as we watch other teams find stars and solid starters.  He has been terrible.

• Upvote 3

Rosenblatt 

The last one-trick pony rookie receiver who could make explosive plays after the catch that Aaron Rodgers played with? Christian Watson. That worked out pretty well. So this is a perfect landing spot for Malachi Corley (No. 65 overall). It's hard not to love this Jets offseason, a fine mix of addressing needs in an all-in year without mortgaging the future. Olu Fashanuabsolutely made sense over a luxury pick like Brock Bowers at No. 11 overall, considering the age factor and injury risk the Jets face with their rostered tackles. 

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He has been beyond horrible from after the first two rounds, find a few backups and non impact players as we watch other teams find stars and solid starters.  He has been terrible.

I’d be curious to see his late round + UFDA hit rate compared to every other GM in the league during his tenure

my hunch is it would be no worse than average, but maybe that’s wrong 

I pretty much hated the entire thing outside of Olu and after day 3, if I knew our plan was to trade out of the 4th round minus a power-back, I would have given that pick a much worse grade because we should have packaged those picks to trade up for Odunze.

Final grades:

Round 1: B+

Round 3: C+

Round 4: D-

Round 5: D-

Round 7: I don’t really care.  Mr. Irrelevant was a position we needed so that’s cool, I guess.

Overall grade: D+.  If we’re factoring in selling off JFM it’s a D-.

Final thoughts: When it’s all said and done, I doubt that the majority of the these guys are on the roster in 3-4 years.  Fashanu is nice though.  The rest was an awful allocation of resources.

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I pretty much hated the entire thing outside of Olu and after day 3, if I knew our plan was to trade out of the 4th round minus a power-back, I would have given that pick a much worse grade because we should have packaged those picks to trade up for Odunze.

Final grades:

Round 7: I don’t really care.  Mr. Irrelevant was a position we needed so that’s cool, I guess.

Overall grade: D+.  

Final thoughts: When it’s all said and done, I doubt that the majority of the these guys are on the roster in 3-4 years.  Fashanu is nice though.  The rest was an awful allocation of resources.

Not a fan of Corley? What would you have done in the 3rd? 

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Final grades:

The way i see it, they’re trying to change the offense to be more physical.  Seems like they targeted guys to do that.  Just adding allen and Corley change the offense and that’s before adding a real LT.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Final grades:

Nobody was moving from picks 4-9. It sucks but that’s just how it went. They tried. Each call ended with “No, we’re picking”. 

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not a fan of Corley? What would you have done in the 3rd? 

I wouldn’t have been picking in the 3rd.  I would have traded into the 2nd and taken just about anyone else.

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Nobody was moving from picks 4-9. It sucks but that’s just how it went. They tried. Each call ended with “No, we’re picking”. 

Oh I know.  Thats why I’m not dinging round 1 too badly.  Not getting into the 2nd was malpractice.  Taking 2 running backs made me want to disappear.

Just now, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Draft complaints In years past with the jets:

we never draft offense in the early rounds (we took a tackle and wr this year)

we never draft decent developmental qbs on day 3 (we got one today)

we always take non premium positions in early rounds (tackle/wr)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The way i see it, they’re trying to change the offense to be more physical.  Seems like they targeted guys to do that.  Just adding allen and Corley change the offense and that’s before adding a real LT.  

Corley I can live with.  Allen will be fun for the memes but you could have signed just about anyone after the draft to pick up 2 yards on 3rd and 1.

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Remember that story about the “offensive coach” the Jets tried to hire but were rebuffed? I’ll go to my grave thinking it was Arthur Smith. 

• Upvote 1